"I regrow nothing" trophy got!!

Yeaaaaaah. After replaying the game for fifth time I got this crapola of a trophy. AHAHAHAHAHAH! I'll post what I did in a while.

Edit: Can a mod please delete this thread? I posted it in a state of exhilaration since I got that annoying trophy outta the way.=)

Edited by Lifearmor

• 2 weeks later...
I managed to get I Regrow Nothing last night. Backing up my saves to a USB stick, then starting over from scratch did the trick, and got me Hopping Mad at the same time. :)

Why hasn't that worked for me?! :francis:

Did you do an Angelic playthrough? Or just one good enough to get the bonus levels? I need details!

I'm afraid all they've said on the matter, I posted in the glitches & bugs thread. ie. quit to the main menu and go back, repeat in until it pops. So make a save before walking through the final door.

The person who commented after them saying that on facebook, however, did not have any success with that either.

Going for my 3rd playthrough tmorrow to try and get this trophy. damn this is getting ridiculous..:o_O:

edit: at the end of my 3rd playthrough the trophy pops. what a relief...

What did you do before you started the third playthrough? Was it from the very beginning, or did you continue from an old game and start from Fuzzle Testing?

What did you do before you started the third playthrough? Was it from the very beginning, or did you continue from an old game and start from Fuzzle Testing?

Not sure if you've seen what OWI have said or what Acor said in his latest post in the roadmap thread. Both confirm there's a problem using the restart option if you screw up. You need to load a save prior to screw up. Not sure from OWI's words if that includes quick saves or if it's hard saves only. Going by what Acor says, I think it's hard saves as well as 'continue' option. They are fixing it in the update now though.

Edited by MsBehavin
to add information.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why this popped fourth time lucky, but i do know that the restart option registers possesions and kills and deffo does not reset regrowths. I also never used the continue and watch abes actions if you use the chant. When he regrows he will have his hands high in the air. I suspect on one playthrough ive stood at the top of a cliff and regrown a shroob on the cliff face.

Hi all

Did JAW confirm they were working in a patch cos someone here said they told someone on Facebook to keep restarting, that to me sounds like they dont plan to address the issue.

Hope that isnt the case cos I've just finished my bad playthrough and like others just need this trophy for the platty.

I had two instances on my first playthrough where I accidently regrew.

But I just reloaded a save from before still didn't get it at the end so am currently trying again at mudoken fortress now.

Re my facebook comment in earier post I meant reload save not restart sorry for the confusion

Really hope they sort this though

Yeah its a real lottery this one. The only other thing i did slightly different on my fourth good playthrough was i only ever used the chant to possess where i had to, to progress through the game. Its a tedious way of doing it. If i think of anything else ill be sure to post.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well after one glitched attempt at this (99% certain I didnt regrow any) I finally got it on my second attempt.

Heres what I did for anyone still attempting to get it, as theres no sign of a patch yet.

First I deleted all my save data and the Config file, as has been said by others on PS3T.

Then i began a brand new game and ONLY relied on the Games AUTOSAVE.

I never once made a Manual save throughout the whole game.

It was an Angelic playthrough killing only 2 mudkons and destroying one or 2 Egg Crates when trying to throw them in the dam holes. A few Natives died in battles too but I brought them back whenever possible.

I figure the saves are corrupting(as the icon images and hours played info on an overwritten save always messed up for me), so I didn't want to make any saves that could potentially cause the counter to mess up.

By only having the Autosave, theres just one file and less chance for it to mess up maybe!?

Be warned though as this can prove to be very fustrating to play through like this. The autosave only triggers a save at the start of a new level and I ran into a few problems with it crashing upon completing a level or while loading the next one :(

Suggestions:

Don't ever pause near the end of a level or when Abe and Munch are on the teleporters to end a level. Whenever I did this the game froze, and I had to replay the whole level again..Happened 3 times in my run today, one was when I paused as the door to the end section was opening on Dead River.

I never Failed a level once, but I'd suggest an XMB quit if you do before it re loads the level as a save will occur.

When resuming game I always selected Continue and not Load - prob doesnt matter!

I did back up my save once to a usb, so feel free to do that on harder levels.

Anyways give it a go, and see if it works for you..Just remember to NEVER make a manual save, only use the Autosave.

Well after one glitched attempt at this (99% certain I didnt regrow any) I finally got it on my second attempt.

Heres what I did for anyone still attempting to get it, as theres no sign of a patch yet.

First I deleted all my save data and the Config file, as has been said by others on PS3T.

Then i began a brand new game and ONLY relied on the Games AUTOSAVE.

I never once made a Manual save throughout the whole game.

It was an Angelic playthrough killing only 2 mudkons and destroying one or 2 Egg Crates when trying to throw them in the dam holes. A few Natives died in battles too but I brought them back whenever possible.

I figure the saves are corrupting(as the icon images and hours played info on an overwritten save always messed up for me), so I didn't want to make any saves that could potentially cause the counter to mess up.

By only having the Autosave, theres just one file and less chance for it to mess up maybe!?

Be warned though as this can prove to be very fustrating to play through like this. The autosave only triggers a save at the start of a new level and I ran into a few problems with it crashing upon completing a level or while loading the next one :(

Suggestions:

Don't ever pause near the end of a level or when Abe and Munch are on the teleporters to end a level. Whenever I did this the game froze, and I had to replay the whole level again..Happened 3 times in my run today, one was when I paused as the door to the end section was opening on Dead River.

I never Failed a level once, but I'd suggest an XMB quit if you do before it re loads the level as a save will occur.

When resuming game I always selected Continue and not Load - prob doesnt matter!

I did back up my save once to a usb, so feel free to do that on harder levels.

Anyways give it a go, and see if it works for you..Just remember to NEVER make a manual save, only use the Autosave.

hello is necessary to good karma or bad karma? or it does not affect anything for this trophy

not if I try denuevo anime took 3 attempts and I need only this trophy for my platinum, the patch does not have to when it's a shame

regards