I regrow nothing Glitched trophy

Anyone knows a fair solution? i finished the game the other day and all trophies popped except this one, i screwed it at some parts but instantly loaded at previous points before regrowing, i didn't kinda like this game to be honest, and i dont want to do a third playthrough :(

Anyone knows when the developers are going to fix the glitch?

The devs are trying to fix the glitch along with some other bugs. The last thing they posted about it was back in April and they gave no solid date on when the patch would be released.

I've got plenty of games to finish to keep me busy in the meantime.

I completed the game again last night with the intention of getting this trophy -- didn't work. I don't know why I did it being that I knew that it was glitched, but I'm hoping that my end of game save is compatible with the patch when it is released. I have played it through 3 times in such a short period that the idea of a fourth is nauseating to me.

Also, does anyone else have technical problems with this game? I've had it lock up on me, sometimes during a stage, but mostly the cutscene audio plays but there's no video. If I try to skip the video, the game will lock up. I have to quit to the XMB and then reload the game to avoid having to get up and cycle power the hard way.

I completed the game again last night with the intention of getting this trophy -- didn't work. I don't know why I did it being that I knew that it was glitched, but I'm hoping that my end of game save is compatible with the patch when it is released. I have played it through 3 times in such a short period that the idea of a fourth is nauseating to me.

Also, does anyone else have technical problems with this game? I've had it lock up on me, sometimes during a stage, but mostly the cutscene audio plays but there's no video. If I try to skip the video, the game will lock up. I have to quit to the XMB and then reload the game to avoid having to get up and cycle power the hard way.

Yes, these have happened to me and then some. The game has quite a few technical problems. I'm surprised they released it on PS+ knowing it still had problems.

:welcome: to the site by the way.

BTW asher, where exactly can i complain about this so maybe, just maybe the developers hustle with a patch?

also, yes, my game glitched sometimes in cinema displays, specially after long time play periods :eek:

Facebook or Twitter. They're good at staying in touch with their fans, but I imagine there's little else they can say about this long last patch. Look for Oddworld Inhabitants.

Normally I'd see reload an old save or select Restart Level from the in-game menu, but nothing is certain with this trophy.

That didn't help, first i played and paid strong attention to where hold L2+R2 buttons to chant (far from SpooceShrubs). Somewhere in middle of the game i accidentally regrowed one. I reloaded from autosave made at the beginning of level i entered and beat the game with 100% rescues / 100% quarma and i still didn't get trophy. Don't want to waste 5+ hours and 4th playthrough again. :(

No 100% guarantee it will pop up if i start new game again and pay strong attention i don't regrow accidentally any SpooceShrub anymore.

I got this trophy no problem. What I did was use only manual saves and loads, never quick save or quick load. I never loaded auto saves. I also minimized the amount of possessions. I started the game without any save data or config data. I also manually saved at the beginning of each level. As others have mentioned this is not a for sure thing just a few tips.

I got this trophy no problem. What I did was use only manual saves and loads, never quick save or quick load. I never loaded auto saves. I also minimized the amount of possessions. I started the game without any save data or config data. I also manually saved at the beginning of each level. As others have mentioned this is not a for sure thing just a few tips.

i never used auto save function, so at least for me thats discarded :(

BTW, ill follow them in facebook so i know when i will be able to plat the game

Just got the plat on this one. Good game, horrible problems with it. As for I regrow nothing, thankfully this did not glitch on me. I used quicksaves and didn't have a problem. The only thing I did was make sure I was far away from Spooce before hitting :l2: + :r2:, even if it meant taking a death to scope the area. Remember, its not like the chants where you have to hold the buttons down to get it to work. Once you hit :l2: + :r2: next to spooce it will regrow it. Make a save at the start of each level so if you do accidentally hit it, you'll have a shot at saving it. Restarts won't work.

I think I may have a solution for this.

So I beat the game 3 and a half times before I got this.

First time, pure good but I did accidentally grow 3....but I wasnt worried.

Second time pure bad, I didnt grow anything at all but it didnt unlock....but I also noticed that my play time was a continuation from the first time I beat the game. (instead of start from 0:00 it resumed from 7:XX)

Third time I turned on the console and started a new game instantly without loading, this gave me a new timer of 0:00. I rushed through the game, didnt go out of my way to rescue or kill anyone, I made it to the loading dock and the quarma meter showed me in the middle but with an orange scrub and squiggly halo. I got the bad ending and no trophy.

I then loaded an older save probably 4 levels behind and simply delivered them all to safety, I reached loading dock again with a gold halo on my quarma rating and unlocked the next few stages. I saved everything after that except for the last stage. I ran right for the exit once I pulled the 2 levers, skipped the scene and I got it.

My theory is....lets say you play the game and regrew some, after you beat the game, if you quickly start a new game this will continue your play clock and probably void out the trophy even if you didnt grow any on this 2nd playthrough. (since most people complained about that)

Also, you must do a good playthrough and complete the bonus stages without regrowing anything in order for it to count. Lets say there are 25 stages...if you do a bad playthrough, you are technically only beating

22 or 23 /25 stages and thats why the trophy wasnt unlocking.

So a long story short, Start a new game, save instantly, select load and look at the file you just made and make sure the game time has been reset to 0:00. Now just run through for a good ending. (should take a bit under 3 hours)

exactly. It looks like with the continued timer while starting a new game, the game is pretty much still using the old stats you acquired the first time around.

I ended up getting the possess 200 sligs early in the game of my 2nd playthrough....so if it kept a record of my 150ish possessions, it would be likely that it still has a record of me regrowing 4 times.

I doubt that, it's the epitome of a glitch.

After 3 playthroughs, which after my 2nd (bad quarma), I erased everything. Game save, game data, even the game itself.

Redownloaded and reinstalled, and started my 3rd and used the tips read about manual saves -- still nothing.

4th playthrough I was like, ok enough of this and instead only did the autosave. Never did one manual or quick save (actually never used quick save period) and again, nothing.

To those that got it, you deserve congrats, but I've given up on it until this patch is out. Afterall, it's not like there's nothing else I can play xD.

Don't see why i must congrats others for being lucky. I did almost like you did jadedxspawn, but i used quicksaves, saved about 2 times in Save menu, didn't save everyone just enough to access last 2 levels, i'm damn sure i didn't regrow any SpooceShrub. Before that i copied my savefiles and profile/configuration file on my USB Flash which was not inserted in PS3 during playthrough, deleted game fully and redownloaded it, still f*cked up.

It's normally to save your time until patch comes out. I don't want waste my time for that damn trophy based on luck and no skill.

Edited by Onkarian

I've also deleted everything (including the game itself) and had started a new playthrough making regular, separate saves (not overwriting any).

I noticed that overwriting saves messed up the save file timestamps. This could mean absolutely nothing, but I was going to go for it anyway. But now the game keeps crashing (which it never did on playthroughs 1-5). I might start again after I've finished with LBP Karting.

The ONLY thing I can ponder as to why on my last playthrough, I still didn't get this irritating piece of shit, was I do believe I did accidentally destroy one egg instead of rescuing it.

It truly shouldn't matter as I already had both Angelic and Bad Quarma playthroughs done, but there's been so many theories and beliefs on what to do, and I've done em all. And when I finished on my 4th playthrough, it was also Angelic.

Like I said, I got plenty of other options right now -- such as doing a full 100% of Bioshock, and getting Dragon's Crown Tuesday, as well as a steady backlog, so hey if they wanna keep dilly dallying with this patch, with what just seems to be the same shit said over and over, I'm more then happy to take my game time elsewhere.

And I don't disagree with you Onkarian about why I said thanx, cuz indeed it is luck, but I was in a good mood lol

Edited by jadedxspawn

Ok..... I accidently regrown sprooce two times during my first playthrough, good playthough. I immediantly shut off my system when I accidently grew them.

Yet, on my first playthrough.... I GOT IT!!!!!!! :D

My PSN trophy profile for proof:

ossiecastro5's PSN Profile - PSNProfiles.com

I still wonder why people don't get this. That glitch sure is... odd. :D

I deleted all my save files and replayed the game today. I beat the game in 1 sitting without saving manually, and got good ending, yet no trophy. :(

This game is bullshit, I know for sure I didn't regrow anything!!

I've just deleted the entire game and all save files, and I'm reinstalling the game. If this trophy doesn't pop on my 4th playthrough, Fuck this game!

Well, add me to the list of people who didn't get this trophy. I'll just power through the game on my evil playthrough and then eventually try again.

How high does your quarma need to be to get into the bonus levels? Because I'm sure as shit not going for another 100% angelic quarma playthrough.

It just needs to be on the good side. You don't have to be perfect.