Where am I going wrong ?

There's not a 100% reliable method to get it yet, the devs have been made aware of it and it's likely it'll be patched soon. I wouldn't bother until then personally, if you followed the guide 7 times with no results I'd say you aren't getting it on the 8th without a patch.

We could do with a thread to see what people did and didn't do and got the trophy, as well as what others did and didn't do and didn't get it. See if there's any common denominator(s).

If you're willing to try again and you haven't tried this already... Delete the game and all saves (backup anything you want to keep). Play the game again, doing whatever necessary for a good/angelic quarma playthrough and see if it pops up then.

P.S. I wouldn't have thought it'd make a difference, but I always used hard saves and never quick saves. Just something else to try along the way.

Edited by U n y o n

In my last playthrough I deleted all my saves and only used hard saves (not quiksave) as I played. Still nothing.

Next, I've deleted the game and I'm in the process of re-downloading and re-installing. I don't know if this will make a difference though, but it's worth trying.

It seems to be completely random. There's no reasonable explanation at this time why so few people have it and most don't.

I backed up all my previous Oddworld saves to a USB stick, then started over from scratch for this trophy as well as Hopping Mad. Once I cleared the final level, and skipped the end cinematic, both trophies popped up at the Congratulations screen.

I always made hard saves and never touched the Quicksave feature. I also stayed well away from any Shrubs whilst chanting. Once you save the last batch of Eggs on the 25th level, make a hard save right before you run to the exit. That way, if the trophy doesn't pop, you can always reload and try again without having to replay anything.

Sounds like a plan! Not quick saving could be an infuriating and lengthy experience in some levels I can imagine, though? And I know the one exact place where spooce will be a pain and I'll screw up likely. Can't remember if the slig possession trophy popped for me yet, so I might have to work on that first, as unfortunately all my usb memory sticks are full just now thanks to never ending laptop problems.

One question when starting the playthrough. Start with a completely new game, or can you start with the first point in Fuzzle Testing that it auto saves to once you've completed the Demonic playthrough? I'm wondering if that might be the key as even though it says 'outside of Raisins Cave', you're not having to regrow a spooce in Raisins Cave at the start for it to get confused.

Edited by MsBehavin
To ask a question/make a suggestion

Well I started from the beginning after making only hard saves and deleting all my data and it didn't work. I might try the 'restart from Fuzzle Testing' idea. Might as well do something different!

Let us know how it goes as I think you'll get to the end again before me. I've got Fuzzle Testing as my starting level, thanks to having done the Demonic playthrough, so it's just waiting for me now.

• 2 months later...

Well after one glitched attempt at this (99% certain I didnt regrow any) I finally got it on my second attempt.

Heres what I did for anyone still attempting to get it, as theres no sign of a patch yet.

First I deleted all my save data and the Config file, as has been said by others on PS3T.

Then i began a brand new game and ONLY relied on the Games AUTOSAVE.

I never once made a Manual save throughout the whole game.

It was an Angelic playthrough killing only 2 mudkons and destroying one or 2 Egg Crates when trying to throw them in the dam holes. A few Natives died in battles too but I brought them back whenever possible.

I figure the saves are corrupting(as the icon images and hours played info on an overwritten save always messed up for me), so I didn't want to make any saves that could potentially cause the counter to mess up.

By only having the Autosave, theres just one file and less chance for it to mess up maybe!?

Be warned though as this can prove to be very fustrating to play through like this. The autosave only triggers a save at the start of a new level and I ran into a few problems with it crashing upon completing a level or while loading the next one

Suggestions:

Don't ever pause near the end of a level or when Abe and Munch are on the teleporters to end a level. Whenever I did this the game froze, and I had to replay the whole level again..Happened 3 times in my run today, one was when I paused as the door to the end section was opening on Dead River.

I never Failed a level once, but I'd suggest an XMB quit if you do before it re loads the level as a save will occur.

When resuming game I always selected Continue and not Load - prob doesnt matter!

I did back up my save once to a usb, so feel free to do that on harder levels.

Anyways give it a go, and see if it works for you..Just remember to NEVER make a manual save, only use the Autosave.

• 7 months later...

ok, am I wasting my time on getting Spoocaholic? In the very first level, there are 38 spooce and I had to regrow 2 to open the gate. I could not find 2 more without regrowing them, so I'm curious if I'm trying for nothing. Also, sorry if this isn't a premium place to ask this question.

ok, am I wasting my time on getting Spoocaholic? In the very first level, there are 38 spooce and I had to regrow 2 to open the gate. I could not find 2 more without regrowing them, so I'm curious if I'm trying for nothing. Also, sorry if this isn't a premium place to ask this question.

Do you mean I Regrow Nothing? In the first level, Raisin's Cave, there are 48 SpooceShrubs and you need to regrow two of them to proceed. This shouldn't affect the trophy, but as you no doubt have read by now, this trophy is randomly glitched for most people.

Spoocaholic is the trophy for collecting 2,500 un-regenerated SpooceShrubs, which you should get naturally by collecting every shrub you see.