Bugs

Seems to be quite afew bugs in this game.

Static in some sound effects and falling through the floor has happened 3 times and im only half way through so far.

Dead river has HUGE texture problems as the floor is blinking and black...

Also why oh why have they changed the sound effects! Munch's jump sound just annoys me and the excs have lost there sound too and been replaced by what sounds like tap dancin' lol

Yeah I'm not too fond of the sound effect changes. They are aware of the texture problems on Dead River, its been on their Facebook page. I haven't fallen through any walls or the ground yet and I'm through my second playthrough.

The biggest issue I've had is magical enemy spawns. I'll clear an area of enemies and when I return to the area they'll be new enemies that have appeared from nowhere or the same ones have returned. This isn't one of the areas that have Slig dispensers either. It messes up the status board information.

I've had the game freeze on me twice after finishing a level. One of those times I wasn't able to turn PS3 off, so I had to pull out the power cord.

It also appears that "I regrow nothing" trophy may be bugged. A person on Oddworld Inhabitants' FB page posted that he completed the game 3 times so far, and the trophy just won't pop.

There may be several other factors pertaining to his inability to get the trophy.

- getting bad ending

- perhaps Angelic Quarma is necessary to get the trophy?

Edited by Lifearmor

I've had the game freeze on me twice after finishing a level. One of those times I wasn't able to turn PS3 off, so I had to pull out the power cord.

It also appears that "I regrow nothing" trophy may be bugged. A person on Oddworld Inhabitants' FB page posted that he completed the game 3 times so far, and the trophy just won't pop.

There may be several other factors pertaining to his inability to get the trophy.

- getting bad ending

- perhaps Angelic Quarma is necessary to get the trophy?

That would make sense due [spoiler=483720]to the last two levels not being available on a bad walkthrough

I'll be trying this on my bad walkthrough after missing it on the good so I'll be testing this.

Asher, you don't have to, I already tried it. When I did my second plathru where I wanted the bad ending, I didn't know that the game ends after lv23. I didn't regrow a single shrub, got the bad ending and associated trophy, but *not* the trophy "I regrow nothing".

Okay, thanks. I'll be doing my bad walkthrough anyway, so I guess a third playthrough is in order.

These trophies are frustrating. They require you to play the game in a way that was not intended back in 2001.

I finished this level and certainly did not touch any mines myself - no sweepminer trophy.

I used save - reload a few times and last part enemies blown the bombs for sure.

Can someone confirm that it is only you who can not touch mines and enemies can?

There is one person with I regrow nothing trophy - wonder why he has no plat :(

What is wheelchair? I m not new to oddworld but dont remember this from psx versions.

Alright, as of now, 1 person has gotten the I Regrow Nothing trophy. That being said, I just completed a playthrough, regrow nothing, and got no trophy. Attempting my second playthrough(bad ending) as I speak, on the Mud Fortress.

I also believe the Mineswimmer trophy(have done this twice, once by blowing up a mine then reloading to a point before I blew it up, the other time I didn't touch anything) is glitched, as well as the You Snooze, You Lose trophy(I killed the sleeping unarmored Big Bro in the Boiler Room near the explosives with the Armored security Big Bro that spawned) and still nothing. I'm not sure if that's glitched, or if you have to kill him instantly, in which case, I would have no idea how to get You Snooze, You Lose, because there's no way I can think to take out a sleeping Big Bro in one hit without shooting the crap out of him in the Boiler.

Other problems(textures in Dead River, freezing) have been mentioned. I hope that both of the negative Quarma trophies pop once the Demonic Gabbit trophy is earned, or this will be a longgggggg plat. Not long, but annoying and redundant.

:l

For You snooze you lose - I think the stage is the boiler room there is a super slig sleeping at the end throw a barrel at him retreat then wait until he goes back to sleep and repeat the process until he is dead.

Correct. It takes three barrels to kill him.

I got Mineswimmer at the second attempt by going through the whole level not touching a mine. The first time I reloaded an earlier save. It looks like this doesn't work.

Only strange things I've noticed is with my Quarma counter and when pressing O to check my Quarma ring. I finished the Snoozer area and had saved all the Fuzzles, but after the cutscene, at the Pens, it said I'd rescued 49 out of 51 overall. When I redid the previous area to Snoozer, and Snoozer, rescued all the fuzzles again, this time after the cutscene, it then said I'd rescued 63 out 63 overall. :-s

Also in the Snoozer area, when it got down to two interns left, if I killed them they just spawned through the set of drawers in the back left corner, but wasn't sure if that was a glitch or intentional.

Only strange things I've noticed is with my Quarma counter and when pressing O to check my Quarma ring. I finished the Snoozer area and had saved all the Fuzzles, but after the cutscene, at the Pens, it said I'd rescued 49 out of 51 overall. When I redid the previous area to Snoozer, and Snoozer, rescued all the fuzzles again, this time after the cutscene, it then said I'd rescued 63 out 63 overall. :-s

Also in the Snoozer area, when it got down to two interns left, if I killed them they just spawned through the set of drawers in the back left corner, but wasn't sure if that was a glitch or intentional.

There are dispensers in the corner that dish out fresh Interns, so its intentional. Weird on the Fuzzles though.

I'm getting slogs randomly respawning during Sloghut 1027 too. Not too big a problem, just a surprise.

The Quarma counter is being odd again, but at least it's not telling me I've missed any creatures this time. At the end of Sloghut it told me I'd rescued 78 out of 78. Now at the start of the next level, Mudokan Fortress, it's saying 84 out of 84, with 0 out of 6 saved this level. Like it's saying I've already saved the 6 to get 84.

Also, I don't know if anyone uses the Oddworld forum, but I've just seen a bug thread there and they get reported via that as JAW Ltd. employees use it too.

I had my first freeze last night during the 2nd Sloghut, but tonight I've had two in about 50 minutes.

Edited by MsBehavin

Luckily I've not had anymore freezes. I did have a black screen at the end of Reservoir Row though, like someone else mentioned having at the end of one level. It didn't freeze the system though, at least and I'd saved not far from the end. I did have Sligs randomly respawn right near the end of that level though and there were sligs I possessed which definitely had guns in the last area of No Muds Land, that attacked as though they had sticks. So thankfully nothing major or too often.

I had the glitch with the textures at the start of Dead River, but JAW know about that one already.

I just finished the game a few minutes ago while fulfilling the criteria for Angelic Quarma, Hopping Mad and I Regrow Nothing, and only Angelic Quarma popped up. Needless to say, I'm pretty damn annoyed, since this means I now have to do a 4th complete playthrough, and on a brand new save, no less. But, I won't be doing it until I hear that these issues have been fixed, so that I don't run the risk of beating the game for nothing again.

Is anyone having probelms with the stage Splinterz Manufacturing?

[spoiler=]As I understand I need to posses a Big Bro and open the door but I keep pressing Square and nothing happens >_>;

You need to hold down :l2: or :r2: and then press :square:, :triangle: or :circle:. It's a voice-activated lock.

Edited by AshtimusPrime