Platinum Difficulty Rating

Rate the trophy difficulty  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/plat_40.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.91

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Tuffinz

I would give it a 3 to 5 out of 10.

As depending on the player it could take them 3 playthroughs or more.

For myself I needed 3 playthroughs as the first run you can obtain 36 trophies effortlessly.

1 run is needed for Angelic Qarma

1 run is needed for 10-30% Quarma,

and the final run for below 10%

You will also achieve the kills trophy within the three playthroughs. This is not a very hard game at all. Your first playthrough will be 6 hours and then 4 hours afterwards when you rush though without saving anyone, so roughly 15 hours required for platinum.

Not a very hard game to finish, since you can die as many times as you want with no penalty to you.

Some trophies are annoying to get, though. Most likely you'll cuss out 'Hopping Mad', with which you have to complete the entire game without using wheelchairs.

I think that two runs are needed for the plat. See, I finished on Angelic Quarma today, and got the trophies for 30-95% and 95%+ Quarma. So if you finish the game with below 10% Quarma, I believe you get remaining two ending trophies.

I voted 3.

There is nothing difficult in this game at all. I would have wrapped up the platinum in about 3 days if it hadn't been for 'I Regrow Nothing'. I am absoultely sure that I didn't re-grow anything in the my first playthrough but the trophy didn't pop. I needed a third run just for that trophy :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

I voted 3/10.

There's nothing really difficult about this platinum, it just requires some additional thought to make sure you don't miss any of the trophies.

Rescuing everyone requires patience and some of the levels will need more thought than others, but overall, this is a fairly easy platinum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

3/10

This game is easy to platinum as long as you take your time, if you try to rush through you'll only make it harder for yourself by constantly getting yourself killed and the creatures you are trying to save.

The quick save/quick load features also makes this game a lot easier by being able to instantly save before you attempt a hard part in the game and if you failed you can instantly load you quick save to try again.

I gave this a 3/10. The only part of the game that was hard for me was the Loading Docks where you had to kill the 8 Vykkers on the platform with only Munch and his Zap Vendo. And it wasn't really hard, just time consuming since you get basically infinite lives to do it.

That said, one of the best things you can do is play this game in small doses. Encountered many screen freezes (including during the end video on my 2nd playthrough) and overall bugginess. The Dead River level was especially glitchy for me, but anything starting with and after Mudokon Fortress was pretty bad.

Edited by jdh0921

I've beaten it 5 times. 4 of those times (including < 10% quarma run where I saved 6 in the Boiler Room) I did not regrow shrubs outside of Rainsin's Cave. That trophy wouldn't unlock for me, even though I wiped my saves and config data between each play. If it glitches that often for me, I can't rate this as a possible plat. 10/10. If it weren't for that glitched trophy, a 3/10.

Gave it a 4/10... 3/10 in terms of difficulty and 7/10 in terms of time required.

This is a long game and requires at least two playthroughs. Most of the trophies can be gotten through the roadmap and aren't that hard. The only ones that you'll stress over are the quarma trophies. Go for perfect angelic quarma in your good run (310/310 rescued) and go for nearly demonic quarma in your evil run (12/310 rescued).

Of course, the "I Regrow Nothing" trophy bugged out on me and didn't pop even though I know I didn't regrow any spooces. My suggestion is to really familiarize yourself with what it looks like when you regrow spooce (in the first level where regrowing is allowed):

1. The chanting motion will be different (arms will be raised when chanting to regrow spooce, hands will be clasped like you're praying when chanting to possess enemies).

2. When regrowing spooce, the chanting will automatically stop, even if you don't stop holding L2/R2 down. When possessing enemies, the chant will not stop until you let go of L2/R2.

3. You must be facing a spooce schrub to regrow it. You can't just regrow a spooce shrub while facing away from it. Be careful though... sometimes there are spooce shrubs on the side of a cliff that you might not see.

4. If you do accidentally regrow a spooce shrub, DO NOT choose "restart level" from the main menu. The game will auto-save your spooce regrowth when the level reloads. Instead, reload a previous save or the game's auto-save at the beginning of the level. Or just quit to the XMB if you're paranoid about it.

5. If there are things to rescue in an area that has a lot of spooce around it, rescue them first before getting all the spooce. Otherwise you'll have to use a menu command with L2 or R2 while surrounded by spooce shrubs.

Edited by PratikH

Heya m8,

I like your write up, very helpful to new players of this tedious game. One thing I think needs to be clarified:

and go for nearly demonic quarma in your evil run (12/310 rescued).

The 310 isn't really accurate in the Demonic playthrough. Because you don't play the last two levels, you don't get a chance to save the eggs / fuzzles n scrubs in that level. Think there were 89 possible in those two levels. So really it is 12 / 221. Think some get confused by then when they wonder why they miss the Demonic Gabbit.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rated it a four, although I was tempted to go higher, just because of what an unenjoyable chore I found it to be.

Easily the weakest Oddworld game - a tedious, bug-ridden bore, with dreadful controls and camera. It was very satisfying to finally remove this from my HDD, after waiting over a year for the patch.

Edited by Heir Apparent

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Voted 4.

Without glitches it would have been a 3.

I had 2 playthroughs and some grind for Slig Subterfuge.

The game isn't hard, but you will learn how to manage some areas.

the camera and controls are so poor, but it's still a 15 years old game...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...