How to beat Level 4

Pooshonmyshoos

I asked the Developer how to beat level 4. He replied within 10 hours. :)

At start of the first objective bomb a few of the bombers on the launch platforms on the southern side of the Draelus bomber base (where you fly just under on the way to the human base). But don’t fly over the island (there’s no reason to trigger the Assailer – the bigger enemy that fires the twin lasers). And you can then head east of the island and basically just work to intercept the bombers on the way – you definitely don’t want to linger very long at the first island, though, as the bombers can quickly make their way to the human base and make short work of it. As long as you play interception inbetween fairly early on it’s not too hard to defeat the bombers.

Of course, it’s the next objective (destroying the generators and conduits) that’s the real challenge. My usual approach to this is to start at the human base I was defending in the first objective, then fly north to the first of four Draelus islands with generators – ultimately I do a counter-clockwise circle to get all four of them (first destroying the northeast generator, then the northwest generator, then the southwest generator, and finally the southeast generator).

On VETERAN and HARDCORE it’s really important to take out the ships on the launch platforms that extend over the water of each generator island first. A well placed bomb will do the job (positioning the reticule on top of the ship and dropping the bomb) – try to do this as quickly as possible. Some of those ships can be extremely dangerous if they get airborne (but their respective launch timers will only begin when you near the island).

After destroying the ships on the launch platforms there’s one tactic that I like to use which is to take out the laser batteries and hangars on one side of the generator, then repeatedly attack it from that side – I don’t try to kill off all the laser batteries and hangars. Again, I just clear one side and do Shredder attack runs while dropping electro-mines to help clear the area of enemy fighters, and I also use the Multi-Missile Launcher to take care of the lighter enemies so I can continue to do Shredder runs on the generator without having to continuously break off to fight enemy ships.

Typically this involves attacking the side of a generator where I line up with the Shredder, fire away, then perform a 180 degree turn and quick afterburner burst to fly away from the generator, then turn around and do another strafing run. Naturally you don’t need to fly too far away as the generators are fairly massive, so it’s not hard to hit them with the Shredder.

If you clear one side of a generator of the laser batteries and hangars it’ll save you time (versus clearing all of them). And the resulting explosion from the generator will take out the rest of the structures anyhow. Basically the idea is if a laser battery can still effectively shoot you when you’re attacking the generator – make sure to take it out. If it can’t hit you then leave it alone.

Keep an eye out for the Aggravator wave message if you can – when these appear they’ll start their way to you from the Portal, and if you know they’re coming you can temporarily break off attacking an island, fly toward the Portal, and use your Multi-Missile Launcher to safely dispatch as many as possible – you just need to queue up three missiles and release for each Aggravator. The Disperser is also very effective at taking Aggravators out if you fire it over range in the direction they’re coming. You can also set a couple electro-mines near one another then lure the Aggravators through them. And one slightly more dangerous but effective technique is to let the Aggravator get near you, fire the Beam, then keep your distance – the Beam will kill it in quick order (just don’t be too close to its proximity explosion).

The next most dangerous threat to come at you from the Portal is a Falchion. As soon as you see the Falchion then fly away from the island you’re attacking so you don’t have any laser batteries firing at you while fighting the Falchion. At this point you’re pretty powerful, so I’d recommend just using your Heavy Rocket and Disperser on the Falchion, and attacking from the side or rear. It definitely won’t last long. Naturally you’ll want to watch out for other fighters (if you see some other dangerous threats then definitely fly away from the Falchion, take care of them, then return to finish the Falchion off).

Once I’ve taken all four generators out I then head toward the Portal. As I’m doing this it can be pretty useful to fire your Disperser in the direction of the Portal – at this point a lot of enemies are probably coming from the Portal, so the Disperser can be pretty effective at clearing a nice path (and severely damaging enemies it doesn’t destroy letting you finish them off with the Vulcan Cannon).

When I reach the Portal itself I’ll start attacking the nearest Conduit – lining up on it, Shredding it, 180, brief afterburn away, turn back, and attack again. As I’m doing this I’ll be ready to switch to dropping electro-mines whenever a message appears that a new wave is emerging. This way you can let the mines do a great deal of the work in helping you destroy enemies.

The Beam weapon is very effective on Khara 2. Whenever you see the Cutter (that one dirigible looking ship that fires the 360-degree field of fire green laser) I’ll generally latch the Beam onto it and unload the Vulcan Cannon into it – this makes very quick work of the Cutter (and will chain-link its attack to enemy other nearby enemies). If you have a bunch of enemies onscreen one of the fastest ways to deal with them is to drop a couple mines, arm the Beam, then stay near the mines and fire the Beam when enemies get close to you while blazing away with your Vulcan Cannon – the combination of all three weapon systems can swiftly eradicate an incoming wave.

When the Heralder appears it’s up to you whether you want to fully engage it or not. You can choose to ignore it and continue attacking the Conduits (just be careful not to fly into it, of course). But by ignoring it you can save some time against the Portal’s main countdown to full operational capacity. If you choose to engage the Heralder I’d suggest getting behind it and using your Heavy Rocket and Disperser to make short work of it – don’t bother blowing the hangars off – it’ll cost you time you likely don’t want to lose on this stage.

Also, particularly on VETERAN and HARDCORE – I’d recommend ignoring the Draelus bomber base island that you fly past at the start of the first objective. If you decide to bomb this base apart during the second objective (destroying the generators and conduits) you’ll trigger the Assailer from the large hangar, and you’ll lose time to destroy the main targets as the attacks from the Portal increase in frequency. So again, my approach using the counter clockwise attack pattern from the human base is to destroy the generator to the northeast, fly west to the next Draelus island, destroy the generator, then fly south to the next Draelus island, but here I fly around the Draelus bomber base on the way to the southwest generator island– not over the bomber base – this way I don’t trigger the Assailer, and I don’t risk taking damage from all the anti-air batteries.

Edited by Pooshonmyshoos

that or simply do it my way: (hardcore)

fly northeast to the island that is directly above the red arrows when the level starts. and start attacking the island from the LEFT side. there are less enemies that can hurt you. you should be done with this island before you fail the first objective. (if u don't u might want to restart the stage)

on the 2nd island, attack from the SOUTH and SOUTH only. plant mines near the generator and keep using the vulcan cannon and the regular ol ground weapon. use the R3 stick thing too to kill enemies that fly around.

on the 3rd island fly directly SOUTH from the previous island. now when u are getting pretty close to it, STAY 2 Kilometers AWAY from the island and fly AROUND IT to the south. (fly around it from the right side) now when u are on the south side of the island, just kill off the generator again.

now when you are done with this island, the aggravators should be launching (those suicide bombers) before you fly to the 4th island, kill those off immediately. don't waste all the time you took to be killed by these. now just attack the 4th island from the RIGHT side (u don't have to kill any ground enemies because they wont effect you. make sure u use the mines.

now go to the portal and the big ass ship should be arriving, kill it first and then finish the level off by destroying the 4 things attached to it.

fly northeast to the island that is directly above the red arrows when the level starts. and start attacking the island from the LEFT side. there are less enemies that can hurt you. you should be done with this island before you fail the first objective. (if u don't u might want to restart the stage)

on the 2nd island, attack from the SOUTH and SOUTH only. plant mines near the generator and keep using the vulcan cannon and the regular ol ground weapon. use the R3 stick thing too to kill enemies that fly around.

on the 3rd island fly directly SOUTH from the previous island. now when u are getting pretty close to it, STAY 2 Kilometers AWAY from the island and fly AROUND IT to the south. (fly around it from the right side) now when u are on the south side of the island, just kill off the generator again.

now when you are done with this island, the aggravators should be launching (those suicide bombers) before you fly to the 4th island, kill those off immediately. don't waste all the time you took to be killed by these. now just attack the 4th island from the RIGHT side (u don't have to kill any ground enemies because they wont effect you. make sure u use the mines.

now go to the portal and the big ass ship should be arriving, kill it first and then finish the level off by destroying the 4 things attached to it.

I am going to try that, as the devs way ain't helping your yours is more precise. :)

But I posted it anyway just so people can get some ideas. How many tries before you figured it out?

:)

I am trying this, I seem to slow. I can not get the first one done before the first objective is over. I wish I had them bombs, but all I have is disperser.

Also for your 2nd 3rd and 4th islands, what order are they in? I don't know which is which.

Edited by Pooshonmyshoos

Here's a tip that helped me a lot; grind.

Especially seeing as you're part of the mythological group that actually really loves to play this game (:p), grinding should be no problem for you at all. Start over, like I did, and destroy as many ships and enemies as you can until they simply stop giving you upgrades. (doesn't take too long). Espeically the bombers when you try to defend your base. This way, you will have a lot of lvl 2 weapons and the bombs before reaching lvl 4.

It helps. A lot. I'd even go as far as that your success depends on it.

I just used Lieu10ant's strategy for level 4 and it works like a charm. I've been able to get my hardcore trophy and now I can finally be done with this game. If anyone is stuck on that level, just do exactly what Lieu10ant says and you should be able to get past it. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Kryomancer

I just used Lieu10ant's strategy for level 4 and it works like a charm. I've been able to get my hardcore trophy and now I can finally be done with this game. If anyone is stuck on that level, just do exactly what Lieu10ant says and you should be able to get past it. Thanks for the tip.

What about third one and 5th one =o?

I am going to try that, as the devs way ain't helping your yours is more precise. :)

But I posted it anyway just so people can get some ideas. How many tries before you figured it out?

:)

I am trying this, I seem to slow. I can not get the first one done before the first objective is over. I wish I had them bombs, but all I have is disperser.

Also for your 2nd 3rd and 4th islands, what order are they in? I don't know which is which.

um took me like 30 tries. i kept trying to go to the portal to destroy one of the statues each time i destroyed a generator (because i thought that it would lower the enemy count) so that obviously didn't work, so i was like "wow, forget this, i'm going to go as fast as i can" so i took a couple free runs to find the best angles to attack the islands. and viola there you have it.

the 2nd island is northeast, the 3rd island is SOUTHEAST, the 4th island is SOUTHWEST. (you could have figured this out when i said "fly south to the 3rd island) but its all good.

um took me like 30 tries. i kept trying to go to the portal to destroy one of the statues each time i destroyed a generator (because i thought that it would lower the enemy count) so that obviously didn't work, so i was like "wow, forget this, i'm going to go as fast as i can" so i took a couple free runs to find the best angles to attack the islands. and viola there you have it.

the 2nd island is northeast, the 3rd island is SOUTHEAST, the 4th island is SOUTHWEST. (you could have figured this out when i said "fly south to the 3rd island) but its all good.

Haha I did figure it out after a few times reading it, but did not post. :p

30 tries, hmm, I have to put more effort in. Only prob is that I only have the first ground weapon to attack with. That is it.

lol thats the hardest part in level 4 hardcore... cant simply just destroy all 4 portals... lots and lots of enemeis+ agravators pop up while ur atacking :D

i find the stage easy... only that last part were u destroy the portal is hard...

its beter to ignore the big ass ship that comes out and just focus on destroying the portal.. saves u time.. the more u stay the more ships pop out of the portal ~_~

I have completed many trophy games already. Even sshd late boomer. THIS IS THE HARDEST TROPHY TO GET AND I HATE NOVASTRIKE BECAUSE OF THIS! I don't know how people have passed it. I have been playing for 2 weeks now almost hours a day trying to past that one level. I feel hopeless and I think I have met my maker. They're is no other harder game out there then novastrike. This game truly sucks and so does this STAGE!

I have completed many trophy games already. Even sshd late boomer. THIS IS THE HARDEST TROPHY TO GET AND I HATE NOVASTRIKE BECAUSE OF THIS! I don't know how people have passed it. I have been playing for 2 weeks now almost hours a day trying to past that one level. I feel hopeless and I think I have met my maker. They're is no other harder game out there then novastrike. This game truly sucks and so does this STAGE!

i feel ur pain :p

but when u complete it u wil be very happy :p

I had to upgrade all my weapons to level 3 before entering stage 4 or else that stage is completely unbeatable!

but....I FINALLY PASSED STAGE 4!!!!:D

I used lieutenants strategy somewhat but it requires skill and luck to defeat that F**KING! STAGE DAMN IT!

Good Luck to all, took me two weeks to beat that one stage :(:D

• 7 months later...

How did you ask the developer, I can't find any contact information... I'm also currently stuck on level 4, but I've decided to go back and try to get my weapons all as high as I can before level 4. Does anyone know how high they can get before level 4? According to the weapons guide on the tikigames site, you def can't max out your weapons by level 4 so I'm wondering how far they should be... I seem to be taking much longer to destroy these bases and then those suicidal bombers just wipe me out! Anyone know what levels their weapons were at when they beat level 4? I'm also wondering if it's possible to miss upgrades... there seems to be a difference of opinion on that matter. The bomber ships with the red arrows seem to give out upgrades, but they stop coming if you fail an objective so I feel like I'm missing out on upgrades by not killing them all... any thoughts?

Well, I ended up getting much better at this game and I'm now stuck on level 4 hardcore like the rest of you were at one point. I am struggling very much with stage 4... I discovered by going through on recruit that I should be able to get my shredder maxed by stage 4 and my vulcan cannon to level 2. I went through hardcore a few times to try to max out my shredder, but could only get to needing one more part. It's easy on stage 4 to take out one or 2 bombers on their launch platforms before they launch and then I get to max shredder. I don't get my vulcan cannon maxed until halfway through the level though and then at some point I notice it says my ship is upgraded. What levels were your weapons at when you got to stage 4? I haven't gotten more than 3 islands destroyed and the large ship as well. Trying to destroy the 4th island is hard with those ships shooting green stuff in all directions constantly coming at me, not to mention the suicide bombers. Laying down mines is cumbersome cause there's a big delay after you lay one down before you can lay down another. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Also, Rapid, what do you mean when you say you got all your weapons maxed by stage 4? According to the weapons guide that isn't possible.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just beat level 4 after getting better and better. Honestly these are some feel good trophies. :) I'll save the last 3 stages for tomorrow night.

Edited by skippycue

• 1 year later...

I know it’s been well over a year since the last post, but I figured I’d add some pictures of what my weapons upgrades (in hardcore difficulty) looked like at the end of Stages 1, 2 and 3; in preparation of Stage 4. Basically, play each stage (1 thru 3) for as long as you can and collect as many upgrades as possible, before moving on to the next stage.

> Weapons upgrades at the end of Stage 1, going into Stage 2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/hugsandbites/God%20of%20War/1-WeaponsAfterStageOne-1.jpg

> Weapons upgrades at the end of Stage 2, going into Stage 3:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/hugsandbites/God%20of%20War/2-WeaponsAfterStageTwo-1.jpg

> Weapons upgrades at the end of Stage 3, going into Stage 4:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/hugsandbites/God%20of%20War/3-WeaponsAfterStageThree-1.jpg

The first important upgrade is the Shredder (anti-ground weapon). Getting this maxed out before you start Stage 4 is a must, because the faster you can destroy a ground target, and move on to the next or swing away for another run, the better. Also, your Vulcan Cannon should max out early on in Stage 4.

On a side note: During Stage 4, after destroying the first generator (north), you'll get a ship upgrade, which increases shields and recharges your boost more quickly. The icon simply drifted to the ship after the explosion. (This type of upgrade should happen a few times throughout the game).

Hope this little bit of visual info helps :). Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally beaten this ridiculous level 4!:dance: Like Draghaughts says: having a level 3 (fully upgraded) shredder is essential to winning, without it, it'll be damn near impossible. I had to learn that the hard way:( I had to start over until my shredder was fully upgraded, but it was worth it cause it made this a hundred times easier:D Just kill the generators and quickly get the hell outta there. I even beaten this level after completing the 1st objective. The allies are very helpful, it's a hard objective, but worth it IMO. The allies help with killing enemies and drawing enemy fire, so just have them distract the enemies and take out the generators FAST, then quickly move to the next and pretty much follow the strategy mentioned here and you should make it, but remember to do it FAST, the longer you take, the worse things get unfortunately :( Other than that, keep trying and you'll need a little luck.

Edited by Dreadnought190