Searer Extinguished

Pesico

This was a pain. I just tried to avoid it's shots while hitting it with the right stick. I laid mines in front of it to keep attacking as it went by. And, I fired dumbfire missiles at it until I ran out, then switched to the second weapon. (Can't remember the name. The one that shoots six fireball type shots.) It took a long time, but eventually, it came down.

I just used every weapon in my arsenal to zero and a ton more of the machine gun and it didnt die. I did actually lol.

Do the secondary weapons go A2A also? Or just A2G(except the mines)?

EDIT: I found this: http://www.tikigames.net/NOVASTRIKE/weapons.php

Looks like the heavy rockets would be a good thing to start with to take down the big bitch.

Edited by Lamplitersniper

Yes hard ship alright but next ship isn't even a boss and it's kicking my butt. I got it down to like 90% dead and i ran into a problem. Once you get the 4 sides to explode, you must get the 4 arms were the ships come out to blow up. The problem is once that happened i had nothing left to kill to heal myself or get anymore bombs. The ship kind of spins and spits out missiles. It killed me real quick after it began to catch fire. So close but so far away. Looks like i'm stuck at 8 out of 20 trophie, since my hand is killing me.

Edited by Rizer

I found that it helps, for this and other boss ships, to stay on one side of the ship until you destroy everything on that side. The missle launchers on the opposit side never shot at me so long as I was out of their line of site. Once you clear off one side you can then focus your attack on the centre of the Searer. This will take it down faster. The OMNI CANNON is a must for all bosses and ELECTRO-MINE help alot aswell. IMO the MULTI-MISSILE LAUNCHER is a worst weapon in the game so try to avoid using it.

I found that it helps, for this and other boss ships, to stay on one side of the ship until you destroy everything on that side. The missle launchers on the opposit side never shot at me so long as I was out of their line of site. Once you clear off one side you can then focus your attack on the centre of the Searer. This will take it down faster. The OMNI CANNON is a must for all bosses and ELECTRO-MINE help alot aswell. IMO the MULTI-MISSILE LAUNCHER is a worst weapon in the game so try to avoid using it.

The multi missile launcher? As in the second primary weapon? Thats the only one that seems to do any real damage..... ?

The multi missile launcher? As in the second primary weapon? Thats the only one that seems to do any real damage..... ?

Are you think of the DISPERSER? That's the weapon that fires the spread of missles. The MULTI-MISSILE LAUNCHER is the weapon that you hold the trigger down to charge up for a burst of missiles that target the nearest enemies.

Are you think of the DISPERSER? That's the weapon that fires the spread of missles. The MULTI-MISSILE LAUNCHER is the weapon that you hold the trigger down to charge up for a burst of missiles that target the nearest enemies.

Oh ok then yeah that one sucks lol. Frankly they all suck except the original weapons and the disperser one.

Ok just took this bad boy out on soldier difficulty.

Basically the best strategy is to stay in front of it. Use all of your disperser missile and heavy rockets on it until you have no more...then hit it with the omni cannon and the vulcan gun at the same time and take out the other flying enemies as well with these and you will randomly get the megapacks. Then switch back to the disperser and heavy rockets and use them all up again. Repeat this process until its down. Mine didnt blow up until it had reached the dome shield and destroyed it and then it went down in a ball of flames.

Basically just keep circling in front of it to stay away from most of its attacks (and oddly most of the flying guys), and shoot at it head on and it will go down. Make sure to use the heavy rockets and the disperers at every chance you get.

So now Im on level 6. Why do I have a feeling this isnt going to get any easier? lol

I'm in the same boat as others it seems, as I destroyed the Searer only after it took out the rebel base with the dome shield. I spent the whole time alternating between Disperser missiles, mines, and the Omni cannon combined with the regular gun and it still wouldn't die.

That ship's a pain in the ass and the only reason I didn't get the secret trophy for finishing the game without failing any objectives. :mad:

Edited by dajmer79

I'm in the same boat as others it seems, as I destroyed the Searer only after it took out the rebel base with the dome shield. I spent the whole time alternating between Disperser missiles, mines, and the Omni cannon combined with the regular gun and it still wouldn't die.

That ship's a pain in the ass and the only reason I didn't get the secret trophy for finishing the game without failing any objectives. :mad:

Weird. Mine blew up after it looked like the rebel base was destroyed and I got the objective. The objective is to destroy the searer. Not to protect the rebel base.

• 1 year later...