S rank help for No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise!

SO Ive been working on obtaining the S rank for the bosses and Im having mad difficulties trying to obtain an S for Destroyman and Bad Girl. WIth Destroyman I achieve an A everytime with TIME and S for Damage and I whoop his ass everytime under 45 seconds! I've literally whooped his ass 50 times now and cannot figure out why the Time grade is always A.

WIth Bad Girl I do the same as well! Ill beat her in under 18 seconds and have a rank S and when it comes to damage I always get a percentage between 83-85 percent everytime but never a rank at all. It always gives a percent but never a grade rank. Is there a problem there?

Anyways if anyone has tips on how to get a rank S for either of these two I would die for it! Thanks anyone.

The following advice comes from the trophy guide itself:

After a ranked fight you will be ranked on two things:

Time – How fast you managed to clear the whole stage. (varies per stage)

Damage – How little damage you’ve taken over the course of the whole stage. (<50% damage for S rank)

In order to obtain this trophy you will have to S rank both of them in every ranked boss fight. You can only get this during Story mode. I recommend doing this on a very sweet playthrough in which you have the Tsubaki MK-III fully upgraded.

In other words, complete the entire stage (not just the ranked fight) as fast as you can, and taking as little damage as possible.

The following advice comes from the trophy guide itself:

After a ranked fight you will be ranked on two things:

Time – How fast you managed to clear the whole stage. (varies per stage)

Damage – How little damage you’ve taken over the course of the whole stage. (<50% damage for S rank)

In order to obtain this trophy you will have to S rank both of them in every ranked boss fight. You can only get this during Story mode. I recommend doing this on a very sweet playthrough in which you have the Tsubaki MK-III fully upgraded.

In other words, complete the entire stage (not just the ranked fight) as fast as you can, and taking as little damage as possible.

WOW, is that really in the guide? if so, that sucks, because I am 1000% sure that that information is wrong. Yes the time ranking is how fast you complete the whole stage, but the damage taken ranking is only relevant to how much damage you take from the boss fight only. In other words, how much damage you take on the way to the boss does not matter, which makes the trophy easier. You can test this by not using health pick up items and pressing the start button to enter the pause menu and have a look at your life pie chart, and let's say for argument's sake that you started the boss fight with 80% health and finished the boss fight with 60%, the ranking results will show only 20% (80%-60%) damage taken and not 40%.

I hope that helps anyone still attempting this trophy cause this trophy is really easy, as long as you don't overwrite your save file that would load you right before entering a ranked mission, until you've got S rank on both time and damage criteria on that mission.

the damage taken ranking is only relevant to how much damage you take from the boss fight only

I just ran a little test against Death metal on very sweet. In the first room I let the normal enemies take down my health to less than 50% (of the original red heart) and then killed Death metal with the MK-III without taking any damage. In the damage screen it said my damage taken was 58% so it does count over the course of the whole level. I was playing on NG+ though so I had all the health upgrades. But from the looks of things taking damage that cuts away your "extra health" doesn't seem to get calculated in the ranking. It's only the damage you take to the original red heart.

Maybe he got the S ranking on a previous playthrough. Trying to S everything in your NG+ is possible, but if i remember correctly (it's been a while) the S ranks from your 1st playthrough were carried over to your next. That way i can seem you might have gotten one without meeting the reqs when actually, you already have in your 1st playthrough..

I just ran a little test against Death metal on very sweet. In the first room I let the normal enemies take down my health to less than 50% (of the original red heart) and then killed Death metal with the MK-III without taking any damage. In the damage screen it said my damage taken was 58% so it does count over the course of the whole level. I was playing on NG+ though so I had all the health upgrades. But from the looks of things taking damage that cuts away your "extra health" doesn't seem to get calculated in the ranking. It's only the damage you take to the original red heart.

Hi Swingfish. May I ask when you say "damage screen" what exactly do you mean by it: the ranking results at the end of the mission, or when you press "pause" during play? Here is what I thought would be another way to prove my theory. Trying NOT to get a damage "S" rank in Letz Shake's mission. It's impossible, or at least so I thought until I hear you talk about this original health bar/upgraded health bar thing. No matter how much health I let his minions take away from me on purpose, I always had damage results show at ZERO. The "S" rank was inevitable when I tested it. I discovered this by total accident but HOWEVER: Maybe, just maybe I didn't let them hurt me beyond what would be the amount of health that the game starts you with??? So I must say, what you are saying is an interesting theory. I guess it comes down to ppl who still need this trohpy to test both and see which one is valid. I just have to concentrate on that last gold trophy for 15 million pts. No time to test this further. Besides "bad girl' and "jeane", the S rank is easy though regardless of how the health bar works, but again for those who need to, the BEST way to test it is with letz shake cause you are guaranteed a zero damage from the boss.

Good luck!

For the tips. I ended up going through another game around and ended up quickly running through a stage as fast as i can taking out all the enemies and bosses without taking as much damage as i could avoid and ended up with the s rank for both damage and time. So I guess its also stage based as well.

CarnageDBK

Long Live SONY PS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

im playing the US version on very sweet, so i can concentrate on cards and the ranks... shouldn't that make the game a bit more lenient on %'s? EX: i kept beating destroyman with an S for time, but an A for damage with 38%. i finally beat him taking NO damage during the fight though...

another issue:

i can't beat holly summers with a 2x S rank. can i save it before i fight her, continue and beat the game, then reload that save and S rank her, will it give me the trophy for all S ranks?

Edited by togusa_9890

another issue:

i can't beat holly summers with a 2x S rank. can i save it before i fight her, continue and beat the game, then reload that save and S rank her, will it give me the trophy for all S ranks?

yes you can.

now, back on topic, and to add my own experience. i can say the damage you take in the level, thats it, before actually fighting the boss, DO count. i can swore that when i did the letz shake stage for the second time, i got hit once by the very first enemy (...) and in the end it said i had 2% i think of damage.

now, about those times, people. if you think you beated the boss extremely fast, but you only get an A in time... thats because you took a lot of time in the level!!! i suggest that you guys make a save in travis room, and then, on a separate file, another save when you get to the boss. if you think you were too fast beating the boss, but still no S for time, i suggest to do the whole level again. now, on very sweat mode this should pose no problem with the mkIII. i only had some isuess with the last ranking fight, and had to redo the entire level because of time issues.

ok. found out something. the guide is wrong about the damage ranks. the S rank damage is under 25 or 30% thru entire level. battle tested and proven, even played on very sweet. i tried many times with destroyman, and every time i got hit with the crotch beam, it skyrocketed my damage %, ending with 33% (A rank) or 38% (A Rank)

there is a little trick though... i found this on another site, and its also battle tested (holly summers, at least). if you make good time thru the level, but take too much damage, let the boss kill you. it'll restart you with full health. try to take as little damage as possible, and it'll give you an S on damage. i've tried it on holly summers, very sweet diff and it worked... luckily, i didn't need to do it anywhere else... (thank god for the 3x charge attack.)

i used the aformentioned trick to beat holly, btw... got mad and just spammed the 3x charge... fell easily enough...

Edited by togusa_9890

• 8 months later...

I just screwed myself =| I'm on Bad Girl on Very Sweet and I saved before the battle & didn't realize the Clear Time also included the Baseball Park =| so I gotta do another playthrough on top of Bitter Mode, AWESOME!

Edited by KiloGT

• 2 months later...
im playing the US version on very sweet, so i can concentrate on cards and the ranks... shouldn't that make the game a bit more lenient on %'s? EX: i kept beating destroyman with an S for time, but an A for damage with 38%. i finally beat him taking NO damage during the fight though...

another issue:

This is the easy way. (Works with bosses like Destroyman too.)

Get to the save point as quickly as you can. Don't worry about restoring your health along the way.

Save.

Get yourself killed by Holly then restart the battle. It resets the damage rating to 0% that way.

Beat her ass without too much hassle. Beat her under 25 mins.

For Letz Shake, I just avoid the enemies along the way. I got to the end in under 10 mins with very little damage.

• 5 months later...
yes you can.

now, back on topic, and to add my own experience. i can say the damage you take in the level, thats it, before actually fighting the boss, DO count. i can swore that when i did the letz shake stage for the second time, i got hit once by the very first enemy (...) and in the end it said i had 2% i think of damage.

now, about those times, people. if you think you beated the boss extremely fast, but you only get an A in time... thats because you took a lot of time in the level!!! i suggest that you guys make a save in travis room, and then, on a separate file, another save when you get to the boss. if you think you were too fast beating the boss, but still no S for time, i suggest to do the whole level again. now, on very sweat mode this should pose no problem with the mkIII. i only had some isuess with the last ranking fight, and had to redo the entire level because of time issues.

Yes indeed. I was going mad to get S rank with Holy Summers 'till i didn't realize this

• 1 month later...