XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 09-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
Frankyboy41

How do you keep track of your S level if they carry over from playthrough, you mark them down?
Thanks,
Frankyboy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
Jaytech

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyboy41 View Post
How do you keep track of your S level if they carry over from playthrough, you mark them down?
Thanks,
yeah, you have to remember.

Jaytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
togusa_9890

im playing the US version on very sweet, so i can concentrate on cards and the ranks... shouldn't that make the game a bit more lenient on %'s? EX: i kept beating destroyman with an S for time, but an A for damage with 38%. i finally beat him taking NO damage during the fight though...

another issue:
i can't beat holly summers with a 2x S rank. can i save it before i fight her, continue and beat the game, then reload that save and S rank her, will it give me the trophy for all S ranks?

Last edited by togusa_9890; 01-30-2012 at 11:14 PM.
togusa_9890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:24 AM   #14
kyorml007

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by togusa_9890 View Post

another issue:
i can't beat holly summers with a 2x S rank. can i save it before i fight her, continue and beat the game, then reload that save and S rank her, will it give me the trophy for all S ranks?
yes you can.

now, back on topic, and to add my own experience. i can say the damage you take in the level, thats it, before actually fighting the boss, DO count. i can swore that when i did the letz shake stage for the second time, i got hit once by the very first enemy (...) and in the end it said i had 2% i think of damage.

now, about those times, people. if you think you beated the boss extremely fast, but you only get an A in time... thats because you took a lot of time in the level!!! i suggest that you guys make a save in travis room, and then, on a separate file, another save when you get to the boss. if you think you were too fast beating the boss, but still no S for time, i suggest to do the whole level again. now, on very sweat mode this should pose no problem with the mkIII. i only had some isuess with the last ranking fight, and had to redo the entire level because of time issues.

Thanks for the awesome signature Setsuna!
kyorml007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 AM   #15
togusa_9890

ok. found out something. the guide is wrong about the damage ranks. the S rank damage is under 25 or 30% thru entire level. battle tested and proven, even played on very sweet. i tried many times with destroyman, and every time i got hit with the crotch beam, it skyrocketed my damage %, ending with 33% (A rank) or 38% (A Rank)

there is a little trick though... i found this on another site, and its also battle tested (holly summers, at least). if you make good time thru the level, but take too much damage, let the boss kill you. it'll restart you with full health. try to take as little damage as possible, and it'll give you an S on damage. i've tried it on holly summers, very sweet diff and it worked... luckily, i didn't need to do it anywhere else... (thank god for the 3x charge attack.)

i used the aformentioned trick to beat holly, btw... got mad and just spammed the 3x charge... fell easily enough...

Last edited by togusa_9890; 01-31-2012 at 08:11 AM.
togusa_9890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #16
KiloGT

Question I just beat Mild Diff now I'm on NG+ on very sweet can i get the S rank Trophies like this or do I need to start a new Story Mode?
KiloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #17
Swrinny

Send a message via Skype™ to Swrinny

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Helping Hand   Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGT View Post
Question I just beat Mild Diff now I'm on NG+ on very sweet can i get the S rank Trophies like this or do I need to start a new Story Mode?
You can obtain all S ranks on NG+. In fact, S ranks you've already obtained in your previous playthrough carry over to NG+ as well
Swrinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #18
KiloGT

I just screwed myself =| I'm on Bad Girl on Very Sweet and I saved before the battle & didn't realize the Clear Time also included the Baseball Park =| so I gotta do another playthrough on top of Bitter Mode, AWESOME!

Last edited by KiloGT; 10-18-2012 at 06:25 AM.
KiloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #19
thepeaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by togusa_9890 View Post
im playing the US version on very sweet, so i can concentrate on cards and the ranks... shouldn't that make the game a bit more lenient on %'s? EX: i kept beating destroyman with an S for time, but an A for damage with 38%. i finally beat him taking NO damage during the fight though...

another issue:
This is the easy way. (Works with bosses like Destroyman too.)

Get to the save point as quickly as you can. Don't worry about restoring your health along the way.
Save.
Get yourself killed by Holly then restart the battle. It resets the damage rating to 0% that way.
Beat her ass without too much hassle. Beat her under 25 mins.

For Letz Shake, I just avoid the enemies along the way. I got to the end in under 10 mins with very little damage.
thepeaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
MerioMerio

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyorml007 View Post
yes you can.

now, back on topic, and to add my own experience. i can say the damage you take in the level, thats it, before actually fighting the boss, DO count. i can swore that when i did the letz shake stage for the second time, i got hit once by the very first enemy (...) and in the end it said i had 2% i think of damage.

now, about those times, people. if you think you beated the boss extremely fast, but you only get an A in time... thats because you took a lot of time in the level!!! i suggest that you guys make a save in travis room, and then, on a separate file, another save when you get to the boss. if you think you were too fast beating the boss, but still no S for time, i suggest to do the whole level again. now, on very sweat mode this should pose no problem with the mkIII. i only had some isuess with the last ranking fight, and had to redo the entire level because of time issues.
Yes indeed. I was going mad to get S rank with Holy Summers 'till i didn't realize this

TROPHY CARDS
MerioMerio is offline   Reply With Quote