All Training

Ok, got another thing here..

As some of you may know I already completely restarted my game, if not, read why here.

Now, I've visited the Thunder Ryu Bldg and Naomi after every boss fight. That pretty much worked, got all katanas, and all upgrades. And I've had all training, but the trophy for all training still won't pop!

I actually had a list printed from the Trophy Guide, and crossed every training I took, and the only one that's still open at the moment is Dumbell No. 2..

For some reason I got No. 1, 3 & 4 but not No. 2..

But I remember reading something somewhere about the trophy not popping until you sit through the credits, or something like that.

Anyway, anyone has the slightest idea what this is all about? Could I have missed this? If so, why DO I get the rest? And can I still get it? Seriously if I have to start this game over AGAIN I will .. not!

Edit: Also, after viewing the real ending, the wrestling moves-trophy doesn't pop either. I've collected all the masks (at least I think, they're always at the end of a level right before the boss-fight right?), watched the 4 videos, saved, and viewed the real ending. Nothing pops..

Again.. Something missable here?

Edited by nickson1988

You can only access Dumbell training nr. 2 if you have the first Tsubaki katana equipped.

As for the wrestling trophy, I just replied to your post in the trophy guide, I didn't see this thread before.

I've just added the stages that contain a mask in the roadmap.

According to the NMH wiki there are wrestling moves in the sequel as well that you obtain before bossfights. I think that there might be a chance that you obtain these during the fights with the newly added bosses and that they could count towards the trophy.

So if you haven't fought the bosses from the sequel during your new playthrough, I'd say give it a go and view the real ending afterwards.

Edited by Swrinny

Yeah kind of a double thing going on here, but I figured I wouldn't post all my problems at the Trophy Guide cos that would spam that place :p

But ehh yeah, I have all the trainings now, turned out I (apparently) missed one with the Bloodberry (have NO idea how, cos I already did that) but anyway, as long as I have the trophy it's all good with me. Now all that remains is that wrestling thing

Yeah it's better to create seperate threads for problems, it'll also be easier to find for people that might encounter similar problems in the future :)

I'm glad you've got the training trophy out of the way.

Could you let me know if the wrestle trophy unlocks after defeating all the sequel bosses followed up by watching the real ending? It's only a speculation so far but if this is the case I'll have to implement it in the guide.

I mean the 5 bosses from NMH2, that you can fight while "catching some z's". The wiki mentions that there are unique wrestling moves used on them during the fights in the sequel, so I was thinking that those wrestling moves could be present in this game as well and potentially count towards the trophy.

Anyway, let's me know if this works in the seperate thread that you've made.

Yes, let's continue here.

Well, your hypothesis might very well be true.

You see, after my very first playthrough, when I just got the game, I did go for all the NMH2 bosses (Catch some Z's).

In that playthrough, however, I was unable to get the very last wrestling move (from View the real ending) because, as you might recall, I couldn't get the Mk-III.

Now that I started the game from scratch again, I figured I'd skip those NMH2 bosses since I already had the trophies for them, and you don't get anything else (like cash or things that could be of your advantage).

Little did I know, you might indeed need to beat them too for the Wrestling moves.

Even though you don't find masks there, I did notice that indeed Travis uses a different grapple for every boss in the game, including the NMH2 bosses.

Since my new playthrough was complete in all other aspects (I now have all trainings, cards, lokilovs etc.) I'm going to assume you will need to use every wrestling move in order to "learn" it. (Might not be true for the ones you find via masks, but I'm not going to take any risks)

So, I'm now working on my NG+ Bitter, I'll try to use as many as I can, and take all of the NMH2 bosses too, and grapple them at least once every fight!

And I'll keep my updates posted. Let's hope this works..

:lightsaber:

• 2 years later...