Delayed to August

ShadowStar83x

According to reports, No Man's Sky has been delayed to July or August at the earliest. Sony hasn't confirmed or denied it, so take this with a grain of salt until there's official confirmation.

No Man's Sky Reportedly Delayed - IGN

With the part about GameStop's posters and stuff being altered, I was there earlier. I didn't see any changes, but I wasn't really paying that close attention, so I dunno.

EDIT: Sony and Hello Games have confirmed it:

No Man's Sky Coming to PS4 in August-PS Blog

Edited by ShadowStar83x

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking wonderful. I said in another thread that this was going to happen, and I was starting to think I was wrong because the release date was less than a month away. I was really really looking forward to playing this on June 21st, my entire gaming habits where being shuffled around in anticipation.

I mean I have plenty to play in the mean time...but I'm done listening to release dates anymore. Literally EVERY fucking game gets delayed now.

****, I owe you an apology Viper as it was me that said there was no way they would delay this but it looks like they have :(. All I can think of is that it has either, failed certification so they have to go back to the drawing board for a bit or they have hit a last minute technical snag that can't be easily fixed before launch :(. Another possibility is that Sony have stuck their noses in somewhere and messed things up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8kJT-42Sdc[/ame]

Edited by Terminator
Update.

It's all pretty much official at this point that it's delayed with no exact date of when it will be released now, but it's looking to be July or August. With such an ambitious game, this doesn't surprise me.

Official where???

Steam? June 21st

Official Playstation Store? June 21st

Official Nomanssky.com? June 21st

Edited by malcontent

Official where???

Steam? June 21st

Official Playstation Store? June 21st

Official Nomanssky.com? June 21st

They've sent GameStop an email to cover up the date with the "coming soon" stickers.

rtwhvk4w8p1t1ddy1udm.jpg

q01l01ccvpmtpmqjz775.jpg

Just give it some time. The company will make an official statement on the matter soon enough I'm sure.

Edited by PainOfDemise

From what I've been reading and watching on the net, that source is looking suspicious. I say this because the manager of a GameStop store in the US has confirmed on the official NMS Reddit page, that he hasn't received any orders to change the release date for NMS :think:.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Terminator
Update.

They've sent GameStop an email to cover up the date with the "coming soon" stickers.

rtwhvk4w8p1t1ddy1udm.jpg

q01l01ccvpmtpmqjz775.jpg

Just give it some time. The company will make an official statement on the matter soon enough I'm sure.

And there are Gamestop Managers on Reddit saying that there are NO emails, no memos, nothing on their internal websites - nothing.

From what I've been reading and watching on the net, that source is looking suspicious. I say this because the manager of a GameStop store in the US has confirmed on the official NMS Reddit page, that he hasn't received any orders to change the release date for NMS and other GameStop store employees from around the country have said the same thing :think:.

You beat me to it :)

Yeah, but all these official gaming sites too are saying their "sources" have all said the same thing that it's being delayed.

But like I said, it'll all be cleared up in a few days I'm sure.

One source - Kotaku.

That's it.

Edited by PainOfDemise

I'm thinking that because of the hype around this game, there are some trolls out there trying to spread rumors to make us upset.

Whether this is true or not, I am willing to wait a few more months IF the game delivers a smooth launch with few, if any, bugs. I'd rather they get their game fully prepared for us than ship a buggy or incomplete game.

EDIT: Amazon is still listing the game as a June 21st release: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/No-Mans-Sky-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ZQB28XK/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1464324679&sr=1-1&keywords=No+Man%27s+Sky]Amazon.com: No Man's Sky - PlayStation 4: Video Games[/ame]

Edited by Timmah200
Added amazon link.

Amazon - June 21st

Nomansky.com - June 21st

Sony - June 21st

Steam - June 21st

Not taking potshots at anyone - but - I really do feel like humanity is getting stupider and stupider the more instantaneous global communication we have. The slightest unsubstantiated, unsupported rumour and the entire planet loses its collective mind. Never once does anyone think to check the validity of the claims!!

Next up - gravity has bee reversed; prepare for the sky to fall...

Amazon - June 21st

Nomansky.com - June 21st

Sony - June 21st

Steam - June 21st

Not taking potshots at anyone - but - I really do feel like humanity is getting stupider and stupider the more instantaneous global communication we have. The slightest unsubstantiated, unsupported rumour and the entire planet loses its collective mind. Never once does anyone think to check the validity of the claims!!

Or maybe it's the fact that this shit happens ALL the time? We get a salted rumor about a delay then BAM a few days later the delay actually happens.

Just because websites didn't update their information right away (it took Amazon nearly a week to update Uncharted 4s new release dates all three times that it got delayed) doesn't suddenly mean it isn't true. It doesn't mean that it IS true either but it's nowhere near unheard of.

People being upset is warranted. Especially when no one from HelloGames has come outright and said "hey, don't listen to that mess".

Edited by TheViper4Life

Amazon - June 21st

Nomansky.com - June 21st

Sony - June 21st

Steam - June 21st

Stop being so rude about it. Rumors like these pop up all the time. That being said, games are rarely released without delays. Rumor or not, it's a pretty good bet to make that it'll be delayed...

Stop being so rude about it. Rumors like these pop up all the time. That being said, games are rarely released without delays. Rumor or not, it's a pretty good bet to make that it'll be delayed...

I apologise. I meant no offense.

I get worked up by Internet "facts" that are never checked before being globally broadcast as Gospel.

Delayed, on schedule, postponed, cancelled - I really don't pay attention to these kinds of news, rumours, whatevers. Too many games have had their launch date postponed. A release date for me means that if it's set for June 21st, it's sometime during summer. Sure thing, I'm hot for the game and wouldn't mind playing it right now, but I'm a patient customer. It's ready when it's ready. I don't mind 'em taking longer to fix possible bugs. Too many products get a full release as a beta. So I don't want 'em to rush the release just to meet June 21st.

Then again, as malcontent mentioned (awesome user name by the way!), if a butterfly farts in China, the whole universe knows about that fact only a few seconds later. And spreading rumours is just as easy. But please don't tell me you didn't know that Bill Gates is the largest Apple shareholder...! That's totally important to know!!

Oh, and humanity getting dumb and dumber? Awesome movie => Idiocracy! First time I saw the movie it was hilarious, but now I'm seeing more and more parallels...

Even if the Universe makes me wait, we're but small nothings in the endless-seemingly void of blackness. What's a few more days on a cosmic scale...

Even if the Universe makes me wait, we're but small nothings in the endless-seemingly void of blackness. What's a few more days on a cosmic scale...

Interesting how you phrased it that way, considering the genre of game we are discussing...heh...

....but, yeah. Waiting a few days here is a good idea. Checking again after the weekend is smart.