How overpowered is grip of murder costume?

paolo11

• 5 weeks later...

I found it extremely overpowered. I did my first MN mastering playthrough without it (went straight for it after hard), and that was hard as shit. The trophy didn't unlock and I had to redo MN mastering, but this time of course I used the costume. And boy. It's like a walk in a park compared, honestly... lol.

The costume and the blue helmet combined are so fucking overpowered. It totally breaks the game imo.

I found it extremely overpowered. I did my first MN mastering playthrough without it (went straight for it after hard), and that was hard as shit. The trophy didn't unlock and I had to redo MN mastering, but this time of course I used the costume. And boy. It's like a walk in a park compared, honestly... lol.

The costume and the blue helmet combined are so fucking overpowered. It totally breaks the game imo.

Really? I'm using it on MN chapter 1 and I can't for the life of me get that master rank, I don't kill enemies fast enough for the time bonuses, and the UT lvl 2 still takes at least the last hit before the finisher to kill them.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I feel like this costume isn't doing much for me. I just like wearing it though cause his NG3 costume is my favorite.

Really? I'm using it on MN chapter 1 and I can't for the life of me get that master rank, I don't kill enemies fast enough for the time bonuses, and the UT lvl 2 still takes at least the last hit before the finisher to kill them.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I feel like this costume isn't doing much for me. I just like wearing it though cause his NG3 costume is my favorite.

Chapter 1 is the hardest chapter to MN rank. Obviously I was exaggerating a bit with "walk in a park", it just felt like that after having it done without the costume xD

With the blue helmet and the costume, the ninjas die by one lvl1 UT. If you spam level 1 UT's and get every time bonus (very possible, level 1 UT's are so fast), you'll get MN rank without much hassle. I had about 100k over the MN rank requirement if I remember correctly, there really is a lot of room for error with the costume xD

Use the technique of sucking in orbs through walls for UT, starting every fight with an UT extremely speeds things up as you don't have to wait for an opening. Try to never waste orbs by accidentally releasing block or by sucking in more than 2 orbs.

Chapter 1 is the hardest chapter to MN rank. Obviously I was exaggerating a bit with "walk in a park", it just felt like that after having it done without the costume xD

With the blue helmet and the costume, the ninjas die by one lvl1 UT. If you spam level 1 UT's and get every time bonus (very possible, level 1 UT's are so fast), you'll get MN rank without much hassle. I had about 100k over the MN rank requirement if I remember correctly, there really is a lot of room for error with the costume xD

Use the technique of sucking in orbs through walls for UT, starting every fight with an UT extremely speeds things up as you don't have to wait for an opening. Try to never waste orbs by accidentally releasing block or by sucking in more than 2 orbs.

Ok see there's my problem, I didn't even realize I had the azure dragon helmet as well so I did that chapter with just the costume and finally got mn rank. I thought you needed to unlock it again so never bothered to check my inventory... That chapter could have gone so much easier for me if I had haha, I am on chapter 7 now of my Master rank run, and I definitely see the difference.

With Grip of murder, azure helmet, and sun armlet, I am just annihilating enemies so quickly it's not even funny. Dragon's claw and Tiger's fang 360 Triangle move is also working wonders for me, getting master ninja ranks though are still challenging nonetheless.

Yeah but so much easier than without the costume :whistle:

I wish every day that NGS1 gets a trophy patch...

I'm right there with ya on that, I don't really think Hayashi cares though, too bad. Sigma 1 was a great game, wouldn't mind a fully trophy list with platinum and some dlc missions.

Rumor has it though that they may announce Ninja Gaiden 4 for the Ps4, so help me god if Troy Baker is not the american voice for Ryu still I will kill someone, the past american voices were painful and dull, especially in combat with just their grunting and barely sounding like a ninja. Troy really brought Ryu to life which is why NG3 Ryu is my favorite version of him.

• 3 weeks later...