Rate the trophy difficulty  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 9.12

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the hardest platinum there is on Vita and ps3.

Beat all missions on Master ninja and getting Master ninja rank on story mode without chapter select.

yeah you're right... its much harder than ngs2 and def. ng3. its one of the hardest plats on this site which i love cuz its worthy

all the people voting it 10 without commenting,have you even played it?or are you basing it of the ps3 version?

you can cheat with the costumes and enhancements this time which makes master ninja mode or ranking a joke

grip of murder costume (attack+ & defense+) + azura dragon helm (attack++ & defense-) + sun armlet (attack+) = god mode,you literally 1-hitting everything,it's totally broken

and you even can use the outfits and enhancements in the ninja trials

this is still one hell of a time consuming platinum,but harder than ngs2?not so much

don't let the trophy list scare you

all the people voting it 10 without commenting,have you even played it?or are you basing it of the ps3 version?

you can cheat with the costumes and enhancements this time which makes master ninja mode or ranking a joke

grip of murder costume (attack+ & defense+) + azura dragon helm (attack++ & defense-) + sun armlet (attack+) = god mode,you literally 1-hitting everything,it's totally broken

this is still one hell of a time consuming platinum,but harder than ngs2?not so much

Wasn't aware of that. Very very interesting.

how can i get murder costume, azura dragon helm and sun armlet??

how can i get murder costume, azura dragon helm and sun armlet??

it will unlock all progressively as you play through normal,hard and very hard

play through hero or normal to get the outfit for more health and the gauntlet for stronger blue essence,use these to make your hard playthrough easier,you will unlock the azura dragon helm during hard iirrc,use this on very hard to make it easier again

you can also unlock glasses for rachel in ninja trials,as well as enhancements for ryu to power up your flying swallow or ranged weapons (equiping this will own smaugan with like 10 explosive arrows in 30 seconds,lol!)

the hardest part of the higher difficulties is actually reaching the first checkpoint because you have nothing in the beginning; no flying swallow,no izuna drop,no ninpo,no talisman,no muramasa shop etc,after that it gets alot easier

• 1 month later...

I've voted 10. So far I've spent roughly 25 hours in this game, completed story on normal and did some trials, but not all. I got the impression that bosses hit for more damage than in PS3 version. I rate it 10 based on Ninja Trials, getting Platinum coins on some of them is insanely hard.

Since you can't use PS3 version saves here and I've only completed it on Normal so far I've no idea how easy Master Ninja mode is, but some parts of it should be very hard, such as radio tower shooting with Vita controls (even with stick aiming acelerometer is still active) and purple ninjas.

Generally story mode gets really hard on a few occasions only, usually you can farm essense and buy whatever you may need. The only annoyance in story is final, where you have to go down the huge tower to the nearest shop to restock (the boss before the final one, like on PS3, is very vulnerable to Inferno ninpo and his second form is weak to explosive arrows - although keeping that in mind you might wanna save your devil elixirs and explosive arrows for him. You technically can beat him without those, but it's a long and annoying fight that way).

I rate it 10 based on Ninja Trials, getting Platinum coins on some of them is insanely hard.

i have platinum coins in all the 6,7 and 8 stars-rated trials and the only 2 i found insanely hard (luck based) were

ryu vs alma (non-stop pillar spamming)

rachel vs niccea + ishtaros (1 shot kills)

these look hard at first but are pretty easy if you just walljump-attack with the darkdragon blade

ryu vs doku + alma + marbus

ryu vs doku + marbus

ryu vs niccea + alma

as for eternal legend,i first thought that would be hard because i expected the shop prizes would scale with the story mode but they didn't,so you can just break this mode with the enhancement that doubles (?) your yellow essence

while ngs2 and ng3 deserve a 10,sigma plus does not,you can cheat and they give you healing items,that alone makes the trials easier overall

i will have the plat in a few more days (ps3 keeps me bussy :p) and i would rate it 8,my playtime is at 86 hours now

I voted 9.

I just got the Platinum trophy of this game after 120h :D And for me the hardest ones are two trials:

- Rachel vs Niccea + Ishtaros

- Ryu vs Ghost Doku (With UF) - Take long time to get the UF to fight him, then die in 30s :p

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7263/7141498409_fd31b00ecc_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess I'll go with a 9 now that I've platinumed it. It's still by far one of the harder platinums I earned. I'm actually thankful for the NG3 costume. I'm sure it helped in some of the trials.

And the 9 is only really due Rachel vs Niccea & Ishtaros else I'd rate it an 8. Such a cheap battle. All the others aren't that hard. Cause if you just complete your playthroughs and gradually up your skill due to it the trials won't give you all that much trouble.

And is it me or is Marbus a lot easier in this one than in NG3? And kind of wanted to loop Alma :p but not like she gave me that much trouble.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wrapping up my plat now. Just one trial left and a few more scarabs on my MN playthrough and I got it. It's a 10. I've been playing this game since it originally released and have bought every reiteration since. This is definitely one of my fav games of all time, but the trials and MN rank everything makes it an easy 10 in my book

i give it a solid 9. there are some frustrating mission..i have about 180hrs+ and mission the master ninja difficulty with rank its not that hard if you have azure, grip of murder, sun and spam UT time wasnt much of an issue if you can bak it up

• 3 weeks later...

a 10 for me

very hard

my hardest platinum, harder than VANQUISH or WIPEOUT HD

I am a beginner at NINJA GAIDEN in 3D, that's why it took me a lot of time to achieve this platinum trophy

the two hardest parts on the way of the platinum, for me : the first chapter of the game in master ninja difficulty with a master ninja rank (I was about to give up...), and the mission with Rachel against Ishtaros and Nicchae - the part of luck is...aaaaaaaaaaaargh...

anyway, thanks to jigsaw and DEVILRYUUJIN for all their advices!

I'm about to start NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2, but I won't try the platinum trophy I guess (I heard that we had to play online for some ninja missions? What a mess...)

Edited by olivierolivier

a 10 for me

very hard

my hardest platinum, harder than VANQUISH or WIPEOUT HD

I am a beginner at NINJA GAIDEN in 3D, that's why it took me a lot of time to achieve this platinum trophy

the two hardest parts on the way of the platinum, for me : the first chapter of the game in master ninja difficulty with a master ninja rank (I was about to give up...), and the mission with Rachel against Ishtaros and Nicchae - the part of luck is...aaaaaaaaaaaargh...

anyway, thanks to jigsaw and DEVILRYUUJIN for all their advices!

I'm about to start NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2, but I won't try the platinum trophy I guess (I heard that we had to play online for some ninja missions? What a mess...)

Find a good partner and u will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the correct place for discussion, but how much do the costumes and enhancements make the game/trials easier?

I'm making good although slow progress in getting the platinum equivalent in the PS3 version (MN story all MN rank, all trials beaten at MN difficulty) and GotU5/Unearthed4 are just purely luck-based to someone who hasn't put in a significant amount of time in them. Or rather, the nuances of the battle will only make themselves apparent after some time. Before that it's just luck based with the wallspam.

The PS3 version equivalent is probably an easy 9.5-10. Haven't voted in the poll, of course.

I don't know if this is the correct place for discussion, but how much do the costumes and enhancements make the game/trials easier?

I'm making good although slow progress in getting the platinum equivalent in the PS3 version (MN story all MN rank, all trials beaten at MN difficulty) and GotU5/Unearthed4 are just purely luck-based to someone who hasn't put in a significant amount of time in them. Or rather, the nuances of the battle will only make themselves apparent after some time. Before that it's just luck based with the wallspam.

The PS3 version equivalent is probably an easy 9.5-10. Haven't voted in the poll, of course.

Costumes and enhancements makes the game so much easier... Exception the 1st chapter on master ninja mode. They don't help at all.