Question about difficulty . . .

StarlightDoll

So every trophy hunter has heard of, or experienced, the difficulty of trying to plat NGS2, so I have always told myself I will avoid it as I doubt I would ever get plat even though I love hardcore difficulties since I don't like plats that take ages, but now I have to ask myself what if . . .

So I'm wondering exactly what it is that makes the game so hard? Is it a specific trophy? I looked up videos of ultimate ninja missions and master ninja missions and it didn't look hard. It just looked like your typical fast paced action game, but I know it isn't or so many people wouldn't fear it's difficulty, and more than 40 people would have plats.

So can someone explain please? I'd like to know so I can decide if I should go for this. It's been eating at me for so long because I've always been a hardcore gamer that loves sadistic difficulties, though I've mostly avoided sadistic difficulties on PS3 except playing in the extreme platforming community in LBP2.

I have a weird history with NG games - my brother is a hardcore fan of the series, so I've seen a lot of it played; NGS 2 is the only game in the series that I've personally tried, and I absolutely hated it: I only played it on the first difficulty (on my brother's recommendation - he didn't think I'd like it) and thought there were a lot of control and design issues that I simply did not want to have to deal with on harder difficulties and so I didn't bother with it any further than I did...

The difficulty of the platinum lies in the hardest difficulty of the game and the higher ranked co-op missions which are beyond difficult (I would say cheap, but that's because I don't have any fondness for the game) - the game really is insanely hard at the hardest levels...

What I will say to you, specifically, is that I seem to recall you having all sorts of trouble with Bayonetta quite a while ago; so I'll say something in two parts, the first part of which I'm sure several NG fanboys will take issue with, while at the second part the fanboys will certainly be nodding their collective heads in agreement:

1) Bayonetta has way tighter controls and is way less cheap than NGS 2

2) if you can't beat Bayonetta on non-stop infinite climax, you don't have a prayer of getting the platinum for NGS 2.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

So every trophy hunter has heard of, or experienced, the difficulty of trying to plat NGS2, so I have always told myself I will avoid it as I doubt I would ever get plat even though I love hardcore difficulties since I don't like plats that take ages, but now I have to ask myself what if . . .

So I'm wondering exactly what it is that makes the game so hard? Is it a specific trophy? I looked up videos of ultimate ninja missions and master ninja missions and it didn't look hard. It just looked like your typical fast paced action game, but I know it isn't or so many people wouldn't fear it's difficulty, and more than 40 people would have plats.

So can someone explain please? I'd like to know so I can decide if I should go for this. It's been eating at me for so long because I've always been a hardcore gamer that loves sadistic difficulties, though I've mostly avoided sadistic difficulties on PS3 except playing in the extreme platforming community in LBP2.

What makes the NGS2 plat so hard is the Team Missions because you have to be really good at it and your partner as well especially on master ninja and ultimate. Cooperation is key to beating the missions. I also seem to find playing this game on the hardest mode challenging but can be done for me it was tough but I didn't give up. I also like challenging games and Ninja Gaiden is what actually started me playing games on harder difficulties. If you want to go for it go ahead.

I have a weird history with NG games - my brother is a hardcore fan of the series, so I've seen a lot of it played; NGS 2 is the only game in the series that I've personally tried, and I absolutely hated it: I only played it on the first difficulty (on my brother's recommendation - he didn't think I'd like it) and thought there were a lot of control and design issues that I simply did not want to have to deal with on harder difficulties and so I didn't bother with it any further than I did...

The difficulty of the platinum lies in the hardest difficulty of the game and the higher ranked co-op missions which are beyond difficult (I would say cheap, but that's because I don't have any fondness for the game) - the game really is insanely hard at the hardest levels...

What I will say to you, specifically, is that I seem to recall you having all sorts of trouble with Bayonetta quite a while ago; so I'll say something in two parts, the first part of which I'm sure several NG fanboys will take issue with, while at the second part the fanboys will certainly be nodding their collective heads in agreement:

1) Bayonetta has way tighter controls and is way less cheap than NGS 2

2) if you can't beat Bayonetta on non-stop infinite climax, you don't have a prayer of getting the platinum for NGS 2.

I never started climax difficulty in Bayonetta because I had to quit trophy hunting due to medical costs so I had to send Bayonetta back (could no longer afford gamefly) while I was working on the Alfheim Portals. I remember you. I was stuck on an Alfheim Portal, which I eventually passed. After Alfheim Portals I was going to do Climax for plat. As if that wasn't bad enough I got YLOD last year and lost my Bayonetta save and other plats I was working on. After 2 years I'm just now returning to trophy hunting. As for controls I feel the same. I hate games with aweful or buggy controls.

What makes the NGS2 plat so hard is the Team Missions because you have to be really good at it and your partner as well especially on master ninja and ultimate. Cooperation is key to beating the missions. I also seem to find playing this game on the hardest mode challenging but can be done for me it was tough but I didn't give up. I also like challenging games and Ninja Gaiden is what actually started me playing games on harder difficulties. If you want to go for it go ahead.

I might have to think about it more now, as Mitsuru mentioned buggy controls which I hate. Unless a game is 100% pure skill I tend to dislike it. Any element of cheapness I dislike. I might try the game anyways just for the heck of it, but I doubt it will be any time in the next month.

I don't think even if someone can explain to you how difficult the game is... you'd never come to realize and understand how the game really is until you try and played it. You have to experience it first hand. I myself can't even tell you how hard or easy the game is because for others, it's insanely difficult and for the others, it's extremely easy. You have to play it, once you get the feel. Then you'd know.

There's nothing cheap about NGS2, and all those ppl who say those things are still probably lacking in skills. It can either make you (like the game) or break you (dislike the game). It's all PURE skills.

Watching a video is completely different perpective as when you play the game. As watching a Boxing match or MMA fight is completely different than being in the ring. It's TOTALLY different.

There are cheap ways to beat the hardest team missions. Just hook up with a good player and twirl with rachel. With rachel every1 should be able to plat this game. Story mode on MNM isnt very hard if u abuse UT. Bosses might be a problem at first. But you will complete it with a little effort.

Youre worst enemy in this game is lag.

I would rate this game as a 6/10 if u abuse rachel and UT. 10/10 if you want to go hardcore.

If you like the game. Get good at it. You will enjoy it more. If u just want a quick plat, ask me, ryuujin88, dpatriot or another master of this game for help.

I don't think even if someone can explain to you how difficult the game is... you'd never come to realize and understand how the game really is until you try and played it. You have to experience it first hand. I myself can't even tell you how hard or easy the game is because for others, it's insanely difficult and for the others, it's extremely easy. You have to play it, once you get the feel. Then you'd know.

There's nothing cheap about NGS2, and all those ppl who say those things are still probably lacking in skills. It can either make you (like the game) or break you (dislike the game). It's all PURE skills.

Watching a video is completely different perpective as when you play the game. As watching a Boxing match or MMA fight is completely different than being in the ring. It's TOTALLY different.

I agree, you really need to try the game out for yourself. I played the first NGS before playing this game, and I thought this game was easier than the first one (I still do). It really just takes a lot of patience, because you will die a lot. But the story mode is doable if you keep at it. The Team Missions are the most frustrating part, because you need to have a good partner AND have a good connection on the higher difficulties. Plus more patience since you will die a lot on these too. The plat is doable though, because I just got it :dance:

Edited by thabg23

• 1 month later...