who were your Ninja Gaiden mentors?

jthamind

this is mostly referring to people playing NGS2, since you could play with somebody else and learn on the spot. plus with the whole NC thing and people uploading videos to youtube for all to see.

anyways, what players helped you become the master ninja you are (or are hoping to be)? who took you all the way from Ninja Dog to Ultimate Ninja?

for me, i have a few. NightSeraph is a big one. he helped me with a lot of the missions when i was new to NGS2 (i had only beaten NG2 once before playing NGS2, so i wasn't a master yet). he taught me a lot of combos, tips and tricks, and just strategies on beating certain missions. he's not one of the world's best or anything (i helped him beat UN1 while he twirled once i mastered it), but he was a very good player.

sosdante. he helped me beat UN1 with 2 Ryu for the first time, and i learned some good things about how to move as Ryu, as well as little things like doing 360T with BotA when Alexei does his lightning ground slam. not only that, but he (and people like MyRyuHayabusa and AOTP) were just an inspiration, because they were gods when we were all still mortals. lol.

a guy named Demon-Lycan, he also had an alternate account he played under. he was a solid player overall, nothing special (he hadn't even beaten UN1/2 iirc), but he helped me with a lot of other missions and strategies and whatnot. a good guy.

also, tenjinmon. he's one of the best i've ever played with, and even though i didn't start playing with him until i was already a master ninja, i still learned a few interesting things from him along the way. one of the best for sure.

who are yours?

Edited by jthamind

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first Mentor was M3GaManxX. He taught me most of what I know in general when it comes to everything outside of the bosses. He would upload NCs and I'd learn from them. He would also give me tips about certain enemies (such as those dogs). My first MNM story playthrough is all thanks to him.

Then there were a few people who helped me with harder co-op missions. I slowly picked things up. thrillin helped me beat my first MN3 and slipknot192 helped me with MN5 UN4/5 and UN3. And I really wish I could have played with tenjinmon more. He helped me beat my first UN2 (as Rachel).

Finally, we get to my last mentor, jthamind. He found me in a random MN3 as a Rachel noob. xD He taught me how to be great at this game. jthamind did such a good job that I have actually surpassed a great deal of my previous mentors.

My thanks and deepest appreciation to all those I've mentioned. :respect:

Ah. Don't really remember.

Just a few: When I still sucked: MazManZero( he had a lot of patience with me, seriously, a very good partner that helped train)

Roncl3: First time I beat UN01/02, was with him. I missed a lot and he had like... god's patience spinning with me. I bet he had a turbo controller.

Jthamind: Argh, I learn all I know on UN01 by playing with him.

:think:

Hmm, the closest thing I have of learning anything from someone was joining a random room with a guy named choiho when I hadn't beat UN01-02 yet before I came to this forum looking for a partner.

He gave me the only tip I needed to finally walk the Genshins perfectly. "Dont be too far, and dont be too close"

Sort of like a 'doh' moment. xD

Edited by CogniVision

I didnt have any mentors... i watched and learn from mistakes.

Ppl who i respect (as in my ninja gaiden plat brothers) we all got it around the same time. Tahl, RedEye, Ruzzi & LazyB.

Sosdante and Tenjinmon i respect as well even though they didn't help me get my 1st plat. They later help me get my other 9 plats for this game.

I really didnt have any mentors? I learned all by joining random rooms where people would do stuff I normally wouldnt. You can say they were doing it "easier" than the strategy's I came up with. I never really had a solid mentor to show me things, I seen some of their styles and implemented that plus my own style into the mix. I never probably had a mentor due to everyone most likely were done playing by time I decided I wanted the plat. You guys still have your zeal's so keep it up. Some of those good names I never ran into but maybe like once, but it was on like a basic mission so I didn't learn anything.

For me (sadly one of the few on this site that doesnt have the plat :( i wont give up),

A great deal of respect goes to a few ppl:

1-At the top of the list: Jthamind and Ryuujin

They had the patience to deal with me when i had horrible internet and was still learning. They kept trying to help me with whatever means possible and still to this day r awesome buddies to play with. I appreciate all that these guys have done for me. They gave me all the tips i could use. Special thanks for jthamind for making personal videos illustrating certain weapons and strategies. I wouldn't b where i am 2day without his tips, videos constants PMs back and forth. I also appreciate the guide he made for me for un1 w/ 2 ryus and the fact that he believed in me and had patience for me dying dodging both liz and alexei. He would keep trying and trying and as we played i started to slowly improve more and more. I know i already said this but i really appreciate u dealing with me dying over and over again and slowly building myself up. I wouldnt say im a master just yet but i do know that i have a good deal of skill thanks to him.

Ryuujin man ur also a guy that has some patience. He kept trying to help me beat missions even with lag and altho the connection nowadays is better then it used to b i still cant thank these 2 guys enough. He kept motivating me and kept telling me do this and that gave me tips on bosses stuff i didnt know. He also helped shape me up as i seem to improve every time i play with pro players and i really enjoy playing with him. Thanks man ^_^

Leokiko- Til this day he is still willing to help me with un1. Sometimes we get a good connection and other times not really but i learned a good amount from playing and PMs back and forth as well.

Ieyfura- The first person i played un1 with and i really felt bad dying on her but she told me u r good and u can do this. She told me u r in the learning stage and she and everyone was once there and dont feel bad bout dying cuz we've been there. Think of dying as 1 step to improve. She dealt with me dying on volf which atm seems funny cuz i have mastered him, but shes a great help and i look forward to playing more with her :D ^_^

CogniVision- This guy is also a monster. He helped me beat mn1 on our first try. Til this day he still plays un1 w/ 2 ryus with me. He has respect for me and vice versa. He knows i have the skill to beat the mission but sadly my luck is bad. Every time we play for some reason id get some surprise visits from the other 2 while fighting volf. I mean i can only time a dodge perfectly if each one attacks a frame after the nxt.

Again eventho i dont have the platinum yet i will strive to get it and im hoping sooner then later.

Recents: ALLDAY89- For willing to help me with un1 and is doing whatever he can 2 help. Hes a great player and he taught me a few things i didnt know. Thanks guys ur the best :D

Edited by Kagerasimaru

That mission has plagued us for too long now, we will conquer it. :cool:

Bad luck or NO bad luck. I will grab all of those fiends, whether it be that fat furry bastard. That bat-winged freak. That blood-covered necrophilia maniacal bitch, or that dogfaced firebird! They will be torn to shreds by me!!!!

...you can have the scraps after i'm done.

Edited by CogniVision

That mission has plagued us for too long now, we will conquer it. :cool:

Bad luck or NO bad luck. I will grab all of those fiends, whether it be that fat furry bastard. That bat-winged freak. That blood-covered necrophilia maniacal bitch, or that dogfaced firebird! They will be torn to shreds by me!!!!

...you can have the scraps after i'm done.

LMFAO, damn dude. It does screw up every time for us. Even if we switch spots it still acts up.

Kagerasimaru - A great friend of mine. He has given me unlimited tips on what combos to do, timing, patience, persistence, certain strategies, and has also encouraged me when I wanted to give up MNM and NG in general. I gotta give props where it's due the most (especially for helping me beat all of the women's chapters). Thanks man.

mmmig - I first started reading his walkthrough on playstation.com and then I caught him in MN3 and he's been giving me tips ever since, like how to do dodge Zed's ground pounce.

Rockyj94 - A cool dude who taught me how to dodge Zed's fireballs with wind run, FS, Arrow (as well as other tips).

DaethFromAfar - This guy is a beast and makes NG look like cake. We have played many matches and I learn just from watching this guy.

Kagerasimaru - A great friend of mine. He has given me unlimited tips on what combos to do, timing, patience, persistence, certain strategies, and has also encouraged me when I wanted to give up MNM and NG in general. I gotta give props where it's due the most (especially for helping me beat all of the women's chapters). Thanks man.

mmmig - I first started reading his walkthrough on playstation.com and then I caught him in MN3 and he's been giving me tips ever since, like how to do dodge Zed's ground pounce.

Rockyj94 - A cool dude who taught me how to dodge Zed's fireballs with wind run, FS, Arrow (as well as other tips).

DaethFromAfar - This guy is a beast and makes NG look like cake. We have played many matches and I learn just from watching this guy.

No problem man happy to have assisted u. I no how it feels I myself almost gave up at Ayanes chapter but told myself i got this far y should I give up now and this kicked things in2 gear and destroyed everything.

Edited by Kagerasimaru

Hey I know some of those guys lol. Rockyj94 I played with him serveral times, I was the one who actualy taught him how to dodge zed's fireballs lol ha!. It's good to see he's not being uptight and holding the knowledge but spreading it.:). DaethFromAfar plays NG 24/7 lol...Me and him got off on the wrong foot but no doubt he was a good player, especially in MN3 but if he seen me now...He would definitely see things from a different perspective.

No problem man happy to have assisted u. I no how it feels I myself almost gave up at Ayanes chapter but told myself i got this far y should I give up now and this kicked things in2 gear and destroyed everything.

Yea I almost gave up on Rachel's chapter to be honest with you. The hardest part of Ayane's chapter (to me) was getting to the first save point. After that, I breezed right through her chapter. I kept abusing her FS, beheading everyone in MY PATH! Muwahaha!

And AllDay, yea Rocky doesn't hold back but sometimes NG pisses him off so I have to calm him down a bit haha. And about DaethFromAfar, I mean, he sometimes can be a little bossy but I passed a bunch of missions with this guy.

Edited by PsychoStellar21

Yea I almost gave up on Rachel's chapter to be honest with you. The hardest part of Ayane's chapter (to me) was getting to the first save point. After that, I breezed right through her chapter. I kept abusing her FS, beheading everyone in MY PATH! Muwahaha!

And AllDay, yea Rocky doesn't hold back but sometimes NG pisses him off so I have to calm him down a bit haha. And about DaethFromAfar, I mean, he sometimes can be a little bossy but I passed a bunch of missions with this guy.

Yea Rocky is a young guy about 15-16 so occassionally that will happen, most of the time he's cool. I talked to him today as you seen lol he told me he's been irritated with NG so he stopped playing that is until I showed him to switch his connection to wired...And it was flawless lol ha!

DaethfromAfar I dont hate or anything, we just didn't get along due to what cogni said. The guy thought I was talking trash about him but I wasn't. We were playing MN3 and he dies...I message him "Why you quit?" He goes "Oh i've beaten that mission over 100x man, it's no big deal. We'll play next time". I go "Yea". LOL he thought I meant "Yea right" and he exploded and sent anger comments and spammed my inbox lol all I could do was mess back with him and say stupid things just to flare him up I LOL'd because he was in the wrong and trying to justify it. Even when I explained what I meant.

Yea, he's not a very humble person...though many respect him.

I respect him just enough that i'd wipe my ass with his face. That's it though. How dare he try to give me tips and they are all wrong, not to mention his description of the combo he THOUGHT I was doing was wrong <.<

He can take his ego and go rape himself with it.

Maybe i'm being too harsh :p

Edited by CogniVision

I respect him just enough that i'd wipe my ass with his face. That's it though. How dare he try to give me tips and they are all wrong, not to mention his description of the combo he THOUGHT I was doing was wrong <.<

He can take his ego and go rape himself with it.

Maybe i'm being too harsh :p

Nah, some people at times need a wake up call...their ego although is pretty humorous as they believe they cant be touched.