Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 ZEN Pinball Table is out!

MofoSLO

it is awesome!!! Way better than the sf2 table. But its not an easy table. Unlike the other tables, to activate the kickbacks you need 2 successive shots of which 1 is a risky orbit. For the ballsave you need 5 shots..... It also TILTS very easily. The trophies are no gimmies either. At least 2 of them arent.

The ballsave: shoot the talisman hole 5 times (its next to the bumpers. Youll get the message come back later, 1 part of the talisman foud)

The kickbacks: shoot the shuriken target (its in the back right in the middle) followed by an orbit shot.

- 1 trophy is very easy. Just shoot it in the bumpers and hope you get a 6 hit combo.

- The 30 skull trophy is cummulative, so just keep playing and youll get this eventually. I got a few from randomly playing and i know you get one from rampcombos.

- The multiball trophy is a bit harder and i havent quite figured it out. One of the ramps spells SLASH. I think that allows you to lock a ball. SO i guess youll need to do this 2/3 times to get multiball going.

- For the silver, there are 4 storychapters visible on the table. Maybe a hidden 5th, who knows. To start the storymode you need to either shoot a clean hard shot in the small orbit just above the right drains. This will trow the ball all the way behind the left flipper onto a hidden ramp. This is a hard shot tho. A second, easier way is to shoot the left Jump-ramp. As you make the shot quickly press both flippers repeatedly to make the ball jump from platform to platform. Do this 3 times and you can start a chapter. To start a chapter just hit the right ramp.

Chapter 1 requires you to hit the lit ramps/orbits within a few seconds. You need to be fast and accurate, but are allowed to miss a few. Havent managed to start chapter 2 yet.

Only downside is, the trophies aren't working. My list is still at 100% from before and the trophies only show up when comparing trophies with a friend. I hoped getting the trophies after meating the reqs, but alas. The ingame trophy popped up, the xmb trophy did not. Please let me know wether or not Im the only one experiencing this.

Cheers!

Edited by steviej

Yes, the trophies don't work. In fact the table has dissapeared from the PSN Store, surelly until developers fix the problem.

It has been reported on the official Zen Studios Forum:

Ninja trophies are bugged - Zen Studios Forums

Seems like we have to wait a few days for this patch.

Edit: Ninja Gaiden trophy patch will come up this week, as said on the link above, probably Wednesday 14th. It seems the table had been released on the PSN Store by mistake during a few hours last Thursday.

Edit 01-14-2010: The patch is now online and it solves trophies issue.

Edited by marcosgepe

The trophies are working now. Apparently scee released the game a week ahead of schedule.

For those trying for the trophies. To get the Karma Multiball going, you will need to spell out SLASH by hitting the top left ramp 5 times. Then guide the ball past the guy on the top platform in whatever way you want and he will destroy it. After you do all this 3 times, you'll have yourself the trophy. Every letter you managed to spell stays for the remainder of the game. So dont worry if you loose a ball.

Workin on the silver atm, but its hard. The ballsave is too risky to get. And i just cant seem to pass the second chapter. You are supposed to hit 20 ninjatargets in the back in time.

• 4 years later...

The table is out now on PS4 too. Good luck raging at those Rachel en Genshin missions ;) .

I decided to try the table out today, just for fun. On my first game I got to Rachel though so I gave it a shot on my second game. And what do you know, I beat Genshin on my second try! Had to start the Rachel and Genshin missions several times. Hitting that hole three times to defeat Genshin wasn't easy. But I did it while on my third ball. Happy to have gotten that trophy out of the way. I find it to be one of the most difficult ones. Glad I lucked out and managed to finish it. If somebody wants some tips, ask and I will try to help. I did this trophy four times (Zen Pinball 1 and Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, Vita and PS4) so I gathered some knowledge about it.

Edited by SugarIsTheDevil

The table is out now on PS4 too. Good luck raging at those Rachel en Genshin missions ;) .

I decided to try the table out today, just for fun. On my first game I got to Rachel though so I gave it a shot on my second game. And what do you know, I beat Genshin on my second try! Had to start the Rachel and Genshin missions several times. Hitting that hole three times to defeat Genshin wasn't easy. But I did it while on my third ball. Happy to have gotten that trophy out of the way. I find it to be one of the most difficult ones. Glad I lucked out and managed to finish it. If somebody wants some tips, ask and I will try to help. I did this trophy four times (Zen Pinball 1 and Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, Vita and PS4) so I gathered some knowledge about it.

Nice work!

I got to Rachel the 1st few tries but had a hard time beating the mission. Kept on hitting the sink holes and failing the mission.

I gave up for a few and started collecting crystal skulls. Got to 29 skulls collected but ended up starting a mission so I went ahead with that and was able to beat Rachel's mission, Failed Genshin's mission twice and ended up doing a triple combo. Netting me the 30th skull :D after a few more tries at Genshin in the same game I was able to beat him! The last 2 shots for beating him I got in 2 of the upper flipper shots back to back in the hidden hole! :dance:

Ive only done it for zp2 on ps3 and 4 but need to do it a 3rd time for zp1 sometime soon....

It seems there are only three people who got this trophy on the PS4 as of now. You got the trophy pretty quickly yourself as you''re the first one to achieve it. As for the Rachel mission; if you keep hitting the sinkholes and losing balls that way, try only shooting for the ramps when the sinkholes are closed. They open and close periodically. And I had trouble hitting Genshin with the upper flipper, it seems to me it was easier on Zen Pinball 1 to consistently hit the hole by spamming the upper flipper. Now I missed most of the time and even had to hit him using the lower flipper once, which is a pretty hard shot. Luckily spamming the flipper worked twice, thus hitting Genshin three times and netting me the trophy.

As for starting up the missions; I wonder how you guys begin a mission. I find using the shadowless footsteps mini orbit to get to the hidden sinkhole the best method to begin a mission. It only takes one shot if done right. Getting three consecutive jumps on the jump ramp is too much of a hassle for me.

Edited by SugarIsTheDevil

Kinda surprised I was 1st to get the trophy myself. The table came out 1pm for me. I got off work at 5pm dl the table. Played it for 3-4hrs and finally got the trophies. Figured someone had it done by that time.

Thanks for the tip about the sink holes. Took me a while before I realized they were opening an closing on their own.

As for starting the missions I felt shooting the jump ramp was easier in zp1 and harder on zp2 for PS3 and 4 so I used the shadowless footsteps mini orbit this time but still struggled with the ball actually making it into the mini orbit. Almost seemed broken at times... or was just easier on PS3