I really wanna pick this up but...

I just got a vita recently and bought Sigma plus 1, and I really wanna get this one as well, but that impossible platinum... Not having it on a Ninja Gaiden game would haunt me forever, is there any word on a patch of them adding co-op or even making the ultimate missions just a tad easier? Or was this game pretty much doomed from the start and remain dead forever?

The developers have shown zero interest in this game so the odds of any meaningful patches are pretty much non-existent :(.
Real bummer... Platinum trophy aside, Sigma 2 on Ps3 was a blast in co-op, I would have loved to be able to do it on the go. The fact Team Ninja would port this game and remove co-op completely without even stating why they did is beyond me. There is tag missions involving 2 characters still, they released a patch to increase framerate and just overall performance of the game, could have tossed in online play with that patch...

I honestly see no excuse here as to why co-op is not present, it's sad that the only thing holding me back from picking this up is the unobtainable platinum, and the fact mission mode cannot be played alone or online with a friend, but with an AI that rarely attacks or even defends themselves. I cannot stand games that basically make you babysit an AI that can't even take care of itself.

Maybe forget about getting the impossible and strive for what you CAN get, and be proud of THAT?
That is true, but it also seems a bit counterproductive to buy a $30 game and I can't even play what I wanna buy the game for. Probably wait for a price drop cause after getting all achievements twice on Ninja Gaiden 2, clearing the campaign 3 times on Ps3 with much more to go since I need master ninja and the chapter challenge trophies on sigma 2, I'm a bit tired of the story mode by now... Haha, so yea, $30 for me at this moment to mainly play story, not exactly worth it.

Haha, so yea, $30 for me at this moment to mainly play story, not exactly worth it.

well it's still uncensored which makes the girls animations look even cooler, also there's this time trial mode where you can play some of ryu's stages as the girls too (why they still won't let you play all the missions as any character i dont know though)

also you don't get a game over if you don't revive the cpu partner, so you can still enjoy the missions mode solo up to mentor

does it really matter that you can't get the plat if no one in the world has it? everyone knows it's an impossible platinum, but mastering master ninja mode is still an incredible achievement as it's alot harder on vita than it was on ps3

I honestly see no excuse here as to why co-op is not present

because the vita is not powerful enough, simple as that. developers can overclock the gpu but have to disable wifi for that, the game runs like absolute crap even with the overclocked graphics chip, the framerate would probably run in the single digits if they allowed wifi

well it's still uncensored which makes the girls animations look even cooler, also there's this time trial mode where you can play some of ryu's stages as the girls too (why they still won't let you play all the missions as any character i dont know though)

also you don't get a game over if you don't revive the cpu partner, so you can still enjoy the missions mode solo up to mentor

does it really matter that you can't get the plat if no one in the world has it? everyone knows it's an impossible platinum, but mastering master ninja mode is still an incredible achievement as it's alot harder on vita than it was on ps3

because the vita is not powerful enough, simple as that. developers can overclock the gpu but have to disable wifi for that, the game runs like absolute crap even with the overclocked graphics chip, the framerate would probably run in the single digits if they allowed wifi

As I've said before, it's not just the impossible platinum steering me away from picking this up, as many times as I have played through the Ninja Gaiden 2 story just on xbox alone, it's made me grow tired of it.

Ninja Gaiden 2 was one of my very few xbox 360 games I owned back in the day, and I played it hours on end, the reason I bought Sigma 2 was for the co-op gameplay, and that's the same reason I would have bought Sigma 2 plus as well. With no co-op I see no benefits for me to be had, time trials, score attacks, different characters. Nothing really attractive to my eye, not much of a difference there from story hence you still play the story missions... Don't get me wrong, I am a serious fan of the Gaiden series, ever since Xbox original, but there is only so much time you can put into something until it becomes boring.

And the vita not being powerful enough? Soul Sacrifice, Unit 13, even Call of duty on the vita runs pretty well. Plus with that patch that was released to boost up the framerate issues, they've shown that they CAN do it, the problem is that they just don't care so they won't, trust me it is very doable. Unfortunately it's just in uncaring hands.

Edited by Dementhis

Don't play this game Dementhis if you care about your trophy list. This 82% will be pissing you off every time you look there, trust me. If you played this before you loosing almost nothing. One good side of this game is, you can play it in your shit hole and there is it place.

I still have my NG2 Xbox copy too and I consider this game as the best hack and slash made ever. It's peak of quality from Team Ninja in my opinion. In those times they was named as the most talented developers team in the world. But now!? Vita version sacrifices everything just to keep feeling of space and fights dynamic. I was so disappointed when I saw view of Modern Tokyo first time on Vita, once looked so amazing and now so blur, grey and ugly. Keep your hands off this crap there's so many better games you can play.

Edited by Labartu
please use the edit button instead of double posting

I still have my NG2 Xbox copy too and I consider this game as the best hack and slash made ever. It's peak of quality from Team Ninja in my opinion. In those times they was named as the most talented developers team in the world. But now!? Vita version sacrifices everything just to keep feeling of space and fights dynamic. I was so disappointed when I saw view of Modern Tokyo first time on Vita, once looked so amazing and now so blur, grey and ugly. Keep your hands off this crap there's so many better games you can play.
I wouldn't really go as far to say that the game is crap, the only real bad thing about it is the forced AI partner in mission mode. Otherwise it's pretty much the same Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 we know and love, aside from the horrible framerate issues at launch of course but that's been patched. Edited by Dementhis

I wouldn't really go as far to say that the game is crap, the only real bad thing about it is the forced AI partner in mission mode. Otherwise it's pretty much the same Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 we know and love, aside from the horrible framerate issues at launch of course but that's been patched.

The game still has framerate issues, they're just not as bad as they were. There's no getting around it: it's a BAD port. But it's a good enough game that I'm able to overlook it most of the time.

That game looks ugly and should not. There should be co-op or it should be re-designed. All we know what Vita is capable of. I'm big fan NG and Vita and I approach matter emotionally .And it's just pissing me of when I see my favourite title used to fill the gaps on PSN store like many other craps. That is wrong.

Guys look at Dragon's Crown or Killzone, how easily Vita handle advanced gameplay, stunning AV and co-op at once. Co-op in Killzone it's even more funny and looks better than main campaign.

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.

Don't play this game Dementhis if you care about your trophy list. This 82% will be pissing you off every time you look there, trust me.

you know you can hide the trophy lists on vita right? this was introduced not long ago with a firmware update

no one will ever see the incomplete list outside of you, not even sniffing sites like psnprofiles can detect these hidden trophies

so if you want to only have 100% visable you can always do that

• 3 weeks later...
I wouldn't really go as far to say that the game is crap, the only real bad thing about it is the forced AI partner in mission mode. Otherwise it's pretty much the same Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 we know and love, aside from the horrible framerate issues at launch of course but that's been patched.

Maybe we are going about the AI partner all wrong...

a theory i have

-Try to stay as close as possible to each other(as to 'inherit' the other characters i-frames)

-Switch during recovery frames,UTs, OTs, and i-frames

a theory i have

-Try to stay as close as possible to each other(as to 'inherit' the other characters i-frames)

That honestly seems like just way too much trouble and spamming for what it's worth. Especially with Ultimate 1, one mistake and bam you fail and back to the start. That is if you even get a chance to attack... Most moves that damaged bosses big time have been nerfed, Team Ninja just didn't want anyone to finish this game.

• 2 weeks later...

a theory i have

UTs and OTs don't work on bosses.

Plus you'd get raped during the recovery frames, no matter the i-frames. Maybe only 1 out of 10 times, but you would.

There's just no workaround, patch or it's impossible. You really think in 1 year, nobody would have figured out a way to go for it? UN1 on NGS2 only took 1 month to beat. NGS2+ didn't get a single achiever in a year, even on normal missions, let alone turbo.

UTs and OTs don't work on bosses.

Plus you'd get raped during the recovery frames, no matter the i-frames. Maybe only 1 out of 10 times, but you would.

There's just no workaround, patch or it's impossible. You really think in 1 year, nobody would have figured out a way to go for it? UN1 on NGS2 only took 1 month to beat. NGS2+ didn't get a single achiever in a year, even on normal missions, let alone turbo.

:think: 360T UTs work on the latter mission bosses. UN01 and 02 might be a be a different story.

but you're probably right about it being impossible.