XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Korjyan

Default Ninja Gaiden (Sigma) 3 Wishlist

So what would you like to see in the next installment of this franchise? It doesn't matter if it's just improvements for existing features or whole new ideas. The things I hope for the most besides some other ideas are:

1. Hire a skilled camera programmer
The camera controls really sucked in both Ninja Gaiden Sigma games (they also did on the Xbox and Xbox360) and were often the cause of otherwise avoidable deaths on MNM or the team missions. Most people don't like fixed cameras though although I never had any problems with the camera in God Of War 3. I don't mean to say "fixed camera please in NGS3" but they seriously should hire someone who knows his work in the camera department, e.g. make objects behind your character translucent to some degree so you don't have your sight blocked by some environmental objects or enemies instakill you with projectiles because you don't see them at all (winged van gelfs with wings all over the screen spring to my mind).

2. Optimize loading times
Seriously, I don't get it... NGS2 has so many loading screens although I already installed what was installable. If you start a chapter and want to switch costumes it needs to load again afterwards. During some parts of the game in which you need a few tries because you die sometimes (especially boss fights), it takes a lot of time to load again although it just needs to put this one arena back on the screen - so use some cache please.

3. Adjust team missions for single player playthroughs and optimize the network settings to reduce lag
The AI in team mission sucks. I'd like to see an option to play the missions alone (deactivate AI) and have the missions adjust accordingly. Also the network settings need some more work to reduce lag for people of the same region.

4. Bring back the gore
It doesn't need to be over the top brutal or anything but it's a ninja game and blood should be part of it. It's a title for mature audiences anyway so please put some more blood back into the next game, especially if you have things like dismemberment and obliteration techniques playing a huge part in the gameplay mechanics.

5. Make additional characters and chapters optional but not part of the main story
I really hate the chapters when you have to play Rachel in the first part or Rachel/Ayane/Momiji in the second game. Not just because I don't like the characters and hate their levels on MNM but aslso because they interrupt the flow of the game in my opinion. After getting the Tonfas and the Scythe in chapter 7 I want to continue with Ryu and not play with another character. They can be included into the game (although personally I wouldn't mind if they were not but some people might be pissed off then) as long as they don't interrupt Ryu's chapters and maybe are a bit more balanced on the hardest difficulty.

6. Include a combat arena
Pretty straight forward like in God Of War. Select an arena, select the enemies you want to face, the amount of enemies, if they attack or not, respawn after you've killed them...
This can be a lot of fun instead of playing the same team missions over and over again, maybe could be further used for players to create own team mission stages and upload them and it can be pretty useful to practice your skills against certain enemies, especially bosses.
Korjyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
crOpp
Banned

Main things i want is no Dogs,no Golden bird freaks, i want a hard, long platinum, but not needing to run through the game 7 times, 4 with be enough, only every difficulty in story mode, and compensate that with more Team missions, of course no lag, again few missions that everyone gets stuck on for a long time, camera didnt really bother me, but may need a fix, last thing probably no bugs etc, that could help you in team missions, just pure skill, and i would like to do the team missions maybe together with 3 persons
crOpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
Kon

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

NUMBER 1, DEFINITELY NUMBER 1!!!! Also number 3 because that lag is ridiculous. Have you beaten all the team missions? If not I'll add you or you can add me up.
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
DPatriot

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korjyan View Post
So what would you like to see in the next installment of this franchise? It doesn't matter if it's just improvements for existing features or whole new ideas. The things I hope for the most besides some other ideas are:

1. Hire a skilled camera programmer
The camera controls really sucked in both Ninja Gaiden Sigma games (they also did on the Xbox and Xbox360) and were often the cause of otherwise avoidable deaths on MNM or the team missions. Most people don't like fixed cameras though although I never had any problems with the camera in God Of War 3. I don't mean to say "fixed camera please in NGS3" but they seriously should hire someone who knows his work in the camera department, e.g. make objects behind your character translucent to some degree so you don't have your sight blocked by some environmental objects or enemies instakill you with projectiles because you don't see them at all (winged van gelfs with wings all over the screen spring to my mind).

2. Optimize loading times
Seriously, I don't get it... NGS2 has so many loading screens although I already installed what was installable. If you start a chapter and want to switch costumes it needs to load again afterwards. During some parts of the game in which you need a few tries because you die sometimes (especially boss fights), it takes a lot of time to load again although it just needs to put this one arena back on the screen - so use some cache please.

3. Adjust team missions for single player playthroughs and optimize the network settings to reduce lag
The AI in team mission sucks. I'd like to see an option to play the missions alone (deactivate AI) and have the missions adjust accordingly. Also the network settings need some more work to reduce lag for people of the same region.

4. Bring back the gore
It doesn't need to be over the top brutal or anything but it's a ninja game and blood should be part of it. It's a title for mature audiences anyway so please put some more blood back into the next game, especially if you have things like dismemberment and obliteration techniques playing a huge part in the gameplay mechanics.

5. Make additional characters and chapters optional but not part of the main story
I really hate the chapters when you have to play Rachel in the first part or Rachel/Ayane/Momiji in the second game. Not just because I don't like the characters and hate their levels on MNM but aslso because they interrupt the flow of the game in my opinion. After getting the Tonfas and the Scythe in chapter 7 I want to continue with Ryu and not play with another character. They can be included into the game (although personally I wouldn't mind if they were not but some people might be pissed off then) as long as they don't interrupt Ryu's chapters and maybe are a bit more balanced on the hardest difficulty.

6. Include a combat arena
Pretty straight forward like in God Of War. Select an arena, select the enemies you want to face, the amount of enemies, if they attack or not, respawn after you've killed them...
This can be a lot of fun instead of playing the same team missions over and over again, maybe could be further used for players to create own team mission stages and upload them and it can be pretty useful to practice your skills against certain enemies, especially bosses.
Fixing the camera would be best.

It really was a shame the blood and gore from 360 version wasn´t on ps3 version so i would love it for Ng3.

Team missions are great and if they gonna keep it then they should really do something about the lag.

Playing with Rachel, Momiji and Ayane was pain so i agree leave them out.

Combat arena would be intersting

This what i think
Old 04-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
jthamind

just do everything that NG2/NGS2 didn't.

be more like the first 3D Ninja Gaiden and i'll be happy. they tried to do too much with the sequel and it didn't come together as well as the first.
jthamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #6
jthamind

as far as the things the thread starter mentioned.....

it'd be nice to have the perfect camera, but i don't know if it's possible with a game like Ninja Gaiden. i think they do the best they can. the only problem with the second game was the poor level design, which put you in narrow corridors, hallways, and tight spaces. that cramps the camera. it's not really the fault of the camera, though, just the level design. the levels in the first game were more wide open, giving you more freedom to control the camera. so usually if an enemy hit you from behind, it was your fault and not the camera'ss.

as far as loading times, those were only an issue with NGS2. NG2 had fast loading most of the time.

i agree with you on the team missions part. DEFINITELY agree with the lag talk, and it'd be nice if the missions were made so you could also play them alone (like Mission Mode in NG2). and then if you want, you can play with a friend.

i disagree with making characters and chapters optional. i just don't think they would do it. i'd prefer they left other characters out altogether. i've hated that stupid bitch Rachel since the first game (and i HATED playing with her in Sigma), and i still hate her in NGS2. Ayane and Momiji are cool and fit into the Ninja Gaiden "world" fine, but they're just too limited as far as move sets and just aren't as fun to play with as Ryu, especially on Master Ninja. i'd be happy if it was just Ryu.

combat arena is a really cool idea. never thought of that. there's almost infinite replay value in it.
jthamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #7

I hope they really do something about the lag, bringing back the gore and most important fixing the CAMERA!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
Liquidd1

Great list. It would be much better if you could do those team missions alone. There wouldn't be lag, you wouldn't be so dependant on your partner (e.g. you can only practise and play them when your partner is online) and if you play offline, you could focus on something else than reviving your retarded AI partner. I tried MN3 with AI partner and he rushed to Alexei and got grabbed immediately, my job was to revive him constantly. If only I could tell the AI partner to gtfo the way and let me do the fighting but no.

A better story isn't essential, but it would be good. The story makes no sense. One time you're in north pole and the next moment you're in London because you got a trace of Liz there. Even I could create a better story.

More interesting level design. The first level is excellent but after that, some of the levels are just plain dull. I'd also like to see something else than just pipe running. Why did they remove the Tests of Valor? Where are the puzzles? I don't understand why they removed those.

And something I really hate: minions in boss fights. Most of the time they're just cheap and after they're dead, the boss itself is very easy.

Last edited by Liquidd1; 04-13-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Liquidd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
Tuheljski-gamer

Quote:
So what would you like to see in the next installment of this franchise
Less clothes on female characters
Tuheljski-gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
Kon

Haha, histerical!