C/D? The best players are determined by skill not by level or equips

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get this thread. What is it for, not NGS2... because of course NGS2 isn't based on equips. There are no equips... <.<

Just skill and luck.

As for teh MMO talk your playing the wrong MMOs then, WoW had a nice combat system. Based on equips still like an MMO but also on lots of skill and knowing your class and others class to predict their moves and counter them.

Just think of an epic battle on Naruto where it looks like they are just going at it, but really each ninja is setting up the other one for the final blow. That's best example I can give. :p

Ragnarok Online as well.

I think you posted this thread in the wrong forum xD

Well, lets put it like this, you necessarily do not need "skill" to beat the team missions but to "dominate" the harder missions you do. For UN1 two can be rachel and make UN1 look like a joke, as well as the majority missions "Rachel FTW" is really a popular motive as I see some gamers think that some of the harder missions can not be done without selecting her. I have seen some guys with the plat who were just plain awful, surprisingly some were ranked in the 50's in UN1.

So again, to beat the mission do you need skill, not necessarily. What about to dominate it? Yes Definitely!

Yea, but she comparin it to somethin strange.

Determined by skill, not by level or equipment... there is no level, or equipment in NG so this thread is kinda, wah? xD

LOL yea in a way. I dont play all those types of games. Just to strange for me lol. Out of all the type of games I play, those are the ones I rarely pick up. I can even remember the last time I played a rpg. Maybe folklore? was the last one :think:

haha yeah me too... :)

did you check out that versus movie yet?

No, This is officially my week of "summer" and I'm about to get to all the things I do in summer.

1. Movies

2. Anime's

3. Random stuff.

LOL I am looking forward to that movie though, I need a good laugh. Right before that though I think I will be finishing Tenjho Tenge as I never got around to finish it. It can be annoying not finishing a series as it is with games >.<

Yea, but she comparin it to somethin strange.

Determined by skill, not by level or equipment... there is no level, or equipment in NG so this thread is kinda, wah? xD

Ok I'll elaborate the topic:

Best players in NGS2 - they practice everyday and kill hundreds of greater fiends to master the game.

Best players in MMORPG's IMHO - they grind exp everyday and buy lots of cash items to become better than any average player.

So who is the better man? The Master Ninjas of NGS2 or the paytards of MMORPG's? I already posted this topic on Marvel vs Capcom 3 forums and the best answer was:

"Justin Wong was the better man, he wins tournaments without buying cash items." :)

:D emilia needs to upload her videos of epic proportions

beast mode with ayane i tell ya...

Nah, I wasn't good in this game at all. I was just trying my best. Thanks for complimenting anyway. :)

No, This is officially my week of "summer" and I'm about to get to all the things I do in summer.

1. Movies

2. Anime's

3. Random stuff.

LOL I am looking forward to that movie though, I need a good laugh. Right before that though I think I will be finishing Tenjho Tenge as I never got around to finish it. It can be annoying not finishing a series as it is with games >.<

let me know when you watch it :D

Ok I'll elaborate the topic:

Best players in NGS2 - they practice everyday and kill hundreds of greater fiends to master the game.

Best players in MMORPG's IMHO - they grind exp everyday and buy lots of cash items to become better than any average player.

I still answered that question. You cant compare a single game NGS2, to MMORPG's in general either.

NGS2 is one game

MMORPG are many VERY VERY different games.

Like I said if that's how your MMO experience goes then you're playing the wrong MMOs. Usually the types with systems like you are saying are not well done ones, and are most likely free-to-play MMOs where they make money off of people paying for cash items. So the MMO is actually based upon being able to win if you have those cash items. They want the people paying them money to feel special of course.

Subscription based MMOs are usually not like that. Since there is no need for cash items.

Anyway talking about real MMO that require skill and time/farming/grinding. I know of two that I have personally been with the best of at least the server I was on. Ragnarok Online, and World of Warcraft. They require equips of course, but if you dont have skill. Those equips mean next to nothing. And when it's people with the same level of equips, its just a pure battle of skill. The combat is so good that one good player who really knows there class can take out multiple people if they play their cards right.

That's back when I played, WoW has changed a lot nowadays and though it still has a good combat system. It's become more equipped based since they made it more noob friendly since WotLK was released.

And nothing in NGS2 compares to the amount of time and practice it takes to run a group of 40 people in perfect harmony to kill a raid boss that can one hit anything that moves, has different attacks that put many members at the same time of the party in danger. And takes over an hour to even reach in the first place. Takes about 10-30min to kill for some of them, and all that work can go for naught over even ONE of the FORTY people making a mistake.

You cannot compare a single game to MMOs. They are completely seperate entities. xD

Edited by CogniVision

The "best players" probably are winning MLG tournaments and betting money online and winning, completing and recording classic speedruns or Twin Galaxy's high scores (even if King of Kong made the place to seem slightly corrupt), or chasing CERTAIN leaderboard tops..if that's the answer you're looking for.

Everyone else would just be enjoying their hobby.

It's probably harder to get the platinum in NGS2 than rank up and gain all your equipment and become a PVP god in an MMO, though the latter would probably take more of your time.

Any way you look at it, I don't think you can really cross-compare genres like that, because both action and MMO games have their own versions of hardcore, with the latter related to most time invested, and the former probably most skill with least time invested.

It all depends on which aspect of the MMO you're involved in.

As of right now, all the basic activities in World of Warcraft for example. Are easy as all hell. But, Arena (high end PvP) is one of the toughest things you'll do. Especially if you're serious about it.

Obtaining a rating of 2000 in Arena makes NGS2 look like cake. I'm dead serious. It takes more skill than it times time consumption. Yes, it takes a while, but the skill required is insane.

As of right now, all the basic activities in World of Warcraft for example. Are easy as all hell. But, Arena (high end PvP) is one of the toughest things you'll do. Especially if you're serious about it.

Obtaining a rating of 2000 in Arena makes NGS2 look like cake. I'm dead serious. It takes more skill than it times time consumption. Yes, it takes a while, but the skill required is insane.

Hey :) I like your avatar, it's so cute. If there's a Haruhi in this boards then we're a trio. :)

Haruhi + Lucky Star + K-on! = epic cuteness

Hah. yea exactly, I dont know how WoW is with raids nowadays I heard they are real easy now, but back in Classic and BC a successful raid through enemies and raid bosses would make the whole Campaign mode of NGS2 look like NOTHING.

And yes, Arena mode, difficult but fun as hell. Even if all you had was the first set of arena gear in BG you could kill people with 2k rating armor. Though they would have advantage and it would be tough as fuck. I hated fighting people who would hire a 2k rating person to carry them through 2vs2. Was so painful. xD

Hah. yea exactly, I dont know how WoW is with raids nowadays I heard they are real easy now, but back in Classic and BC a successful raid through enemies and raid bosses would make the whole Campaign mode of NGS2 look like NOTHING.

And yes, Arena mode, difficult but fun as hell. Even if all you had was the first set of arena gear in BG you could kill people with 2k rating armor. Though they would have advantage and it would be tough as fuck. I hated fighting people who would hire a 2k rating person to carry them through 2vs2. Was so painful. xD

Here's the breakdown:

WoW Normal Mode Raids = Acolyte on NGS2

WoW Heroic Mode Raids = Master Ninja on NGS2

WoW Arena Lower Brackets = Mentor on NGS2

WoW Arena High End Brackets = NGS2 can not compete. xD

Anyway, enough of WoW, this is an NG forum >:0

Then again...I guess this thread is about comparing NG to other games....isn't it? O.o So...um..carry on xD

Here's the breakdown:

WoW Normal Mode Raids = Acolyte on NGS2

WoW Heroic Mode Raids = Master Ninja on NGS2

WoW Arena Lower Brackets = Mentor on NGS2

WoW Arena High End Brackets = NGS2 can not compete. xD

Anyway, enough of WoW, this is an NG forum >:0

Then again...I guess this thread is about comparing NG to other games....isn't it? O.o So...um..carry on xD

You're talkin raids right, not little 5man parties through a quick instace?

Not even Master Ninja on NGS2 compares at all to a single 10-40manned raid instance from when I played.

So basically Raids are horse shit now. And the whole focus is PvP?

Actually, the focus is PvE mainly.

But yeah. Raids are 10-25 man these days. Only difference is, where in the old 40 man days, it was all tank and spank fights for the most part. Today, there are some complex mechanics. But, follow the simple "Don't stand in fire" rule, and it's easy. (being a healer anyway)

But yeah, raids these days don't compete with what Ninja Gaiden has to offer. The heroic versions on the other hand.......(yes, there are heroic versions of each raid too)