Rachel Spin/Twirl For Noobs *FAQ* - Team Missions Only

How To Spin/Twirl With Rachel For Team Missions Only

Introduction: Ok! I'm really disappointed that no one and i mean NO ONE bothered to make this thread.

So this is for newcomers who want to get their team mission trophy the easiest way possible. For starters, i will explain which missions Rachel's Twirl is the most effective and how to use it.

*Note* Please don't come asking me for advice about this... Become more intuitive on your own.

FAQ'S

Q. What is Rachel's Twirl/Spin?

A. It's an exploit which gives rachel an infinite amount of invincible frames.

Q. How do I perform Rachel's Twirl/Spin?

A. See below...

Q. When do I stop Rachel's Twirl/Spin?

A. Of course you would bother me with a dumb question. Duh, when its safe to stop dummy!

Q. Why do I have to keep twirling/spinning?

A. Another dumb question. You should study up a bit.

What You Need To Know:

1. Knowledge - You don't need to know everything about twirling. Just the most basic and easy twirl to use. If you're curious and want to master the other twirls, then go and knock yourself out for all I care. It will definitely make you a master of Rachel.

2. Instant Twirl/Spin - You need know instant twirl. It's very useful for ultimate ninja missions and will save your life 100% of the time. Mastering instant twirl is easy and can tone down the difficulty tremendously if your partner is a master with Ryu Hayabusa.

3. Awareness - Ok i know once you start spinning you'll get dizzy as hell. Hahahaha! It's a price to pay for exploiting this remarkably hard game. But you'll get use to it with time. You need to focus and pay attention to whats going on while twirling. If your partner dies, its your job to break away and rescue him/her. If your partner is being jumped by multiple fiends, then its your job to help him/her out. If you can't follow this then don't bother doing this... You're not helping yourself or your partner.

4. Settings In Option Menu - You need to adjust your settings to make rachel twirl/spin work 90% of the time. Go to option menu, then find your first and third person camera. Set both cameras all the way to FAST, save your settings.

How To Do Twirling/Spinning

Normal And Recommended Twirl/Spin (Newcomers/Beginner Rachel Players)

Basic twirl that everyone should use. *Note* starting this twirl is pretty lame, that's why its best to know how to instant twirl. Easiest... Simply hold both analogs (:l3::r3:) to the right (NOT TO THE LEFT), then press the block button :l1: very fast and continuously. Like rapid firing your weapon. In this case you're rapidly dodging. You should be twirling very fast. Nothing can break through to hurt you. You're officially invincible. It's a pain if you do this over a minute but you will definitely develop the muscles to handle this in the long run.

Freestyle Twirl/Spin (Intermediate/Experienced Rachel Players)

Also known as the zig-zag twirl, because you move in a zig-zag formation. This twirl isn't for beginners, but can be used by beginners. You will be abusing the camera a bit to get this to work. To perform this, you need to randomly twirl. Rachel has a side reverse wind which allows her to twirl randomly. Don't perform this out of a reverse wind... It's better to start this out of an instant twirl. (See below about instant twirling) Once you twirl, you need to still be holding the block button :l1:. Briefly stop twirling, then reverse wind to either the left or right. If you still did a twirl dodge then you're on the right track. Quickly twirl dodge the opposite way you did before, but this time press :r1: (camera) at the same time you reverse wind. Remember you are moving in a zig-zag formation. So everytime you reverse wind twirl, you have to press :r1: at the same time. Repeat this and you have the freestyle twirl in your hands. You can twirl anywhere on the map instead of staying in one specific area. *Note* this does takes alot of practice.

Gun Twirl/Spin (Master Rachel Players Only)

This is a non-recommended method. Only masters of the game with rachel should try this. The Gun Twirl/Spin has two variations which are quite easy to do. It doesn't mean beginners can't perform this. You can knock yourself out with it, but you must understand that this twirl/spin is how to handle particular bosses with rachel.

Variation #1 - Gun Style Side To Side...

Bring out your gun or aim mode by holding :l2: (left trigger), at the same time hold the block button :l1:, after that you should release :l2: (left trigger) while still holding the block button :l1:. Now you should see a visual of yourself in aim mode while holding your guard. If you don't see that then you're doing something wrong here. Next is the tricky part and that's why masters should do this. First you need to pay attention the pace of how you dodge/reverse wind. Once you understand timing then you can move on to pressing both the analogs to the left, then to the right. You should be in a side to side formation twirl. If you're not seeing this then you already failed. Sorry! But if you do then practice the pace and notice how you're twirling side to side. Both analogs must move at the same direction each reverse wind motion to create this variation. (:l3: :r3:)

like the name, you're spinning side to side... confusing i know, but if you see it first hand then its nothing at all to master here.

Variation #2 - Gun Style One Spot Twister...

Same as above, but this time you're not twirling side to side. You'll be standing in one spot, twirling like a ballerina. Bring out your gun or aim mode by holding :l2: (left trigger), at the same time hold the block button :l1:, after that you should release :l2: (left trigger) while still holding the block button :l1:. Now you should see a visual of yourself in aim mode while holding your guard. If you don't see that then you're doing something wrong here. Ok here's where it gets abit different. You have move your camera in a circle really fast by using the :r3: (stick analog). You should be seeing that aim icon go around and around. Now once you got that, then you can press reverse wind/dodge continuously. (Non-stop) You should be spinning in one spot now like a ballerina. This isn't hard at all, the problem is its not an effective spin unless you're luring bosses.

Instant Twirl/Spin

Easy! Just jump into the basic twirl/spin. Jump (rachel must do a forward flip)... While jumping you must be doing the basic twirl motion before landing. As soon as you land, quickly keep tapping :l1: block button rapidly. If you do this right, you will create the twirl instantly without that stupid reverse wind getting into your way.

Credit to FusionZX for this video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6CZHrVN8f4]YouTube - ‪Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: Rachel Twirl Tutorial‬‏[/ame]

Credit to EmiliaTheSage...

If you are too lazy to do twirls for 10 mins or more, YOU MAY follow this guide. If not, YOU MAY NOT follow this guide:

1. get a piece of 2 rubberbands and 2 paperweights (don't forget to set the camera speed to fastest)

2. using Rachel in any mode, hold up on the L stick and right on the R stick

3. tie a rubberband on the L stick while holding up, and tie it to a paperweight at the back of your controller (I used a computer mouse for this)

4. tie another rubberband on the R stick while holding right, and tie it to another paperweight at right side of your controller (I used a ballpen for this)

5. with the rubberbands holding the L stick and R stick in their proper positions, just press L1 repeatedly as long as you can and watch Rachel twirl (you can hold the controller and the paperweights or just lay down the controller on the floor or any flat surface if you like)

Note: When fighting a boss, don't forget to press R3 to unlock the camera angle and don't piss off your partner. Good luck! ^_^

@Ryuujin: Thanks for the credit. I hope this guide helps reduce calluses to other players :)

Edited by DEVILRYUUJIN

Team Missions For Twirl

Master Ninja 01 - This mission has a dumb bone goliath boss at the end. It’s so dumb that it will follow whoever near it (hint). The boss for this mission has the longest health/defense compared to other bosses to make up for how dumb it is.

Where To Twirl/Spin At?

You want to spin near bone goliath’s feet. The tactic for newcomers is to have a Rachel player spin near the goliath while a Ryu partner use the howling cannon to blast it.

Video:

Master Ninja 03 - In order... Alexei, Volf, Zedonius, Elizebet, and Fiend Genshin.

Where To Twirl/Spin At?

You can only spin when your in danger… Pay attention while your partner or you is fighting them?

#1 When Alexei is in Berserk Mode (I am Alexei), he is relentlessly dashing at you. You should start the twirl if you feel like you can avoid all his dashes.

#2 Only when Volf is on a rampage and running wild. Sometimes he can spam this for a while so if you feel like you won’t be able to dodge them, hurry and start your twirl.

#3 Twirl only when Zedonius is in the air at all times. If you are a newcomer and don’t know anything about dodging Zed attacks precisely, then twirl.

#4 is Elizebet attacks. Nearly all of her attacks are annoying for Rachel. So it’s better to spin as much as you can until you have an opening to Ultimate Technique (UT) her. Just be careful not to drop your guard and abuse those I-Frames (Invincible Frames) as much as possible.

#5 is when Fiend Genshin is after you. When your partner dies and you revive him, you must hurry and spin to stay safe from his attacks. This gives your partner an opportunity to attack him.

Video:

Master Ninja 05 - Tag Team Match: Genshin & Elizebet VS. ??????

Where To Twirl/Spin At?

Rachel players should always be the host in this mission... The reason is that both fiends will be lock on you from the beginning... So soon as the mission begins, start twirl by wall. To your left... Elizebet will come to attack you. Your only job is to keep twirling while your partner finishes off Genshin. Sometime Elizebet will lock on to your partner so when you see her attacking him for more than 5 seconds, you should (UT) her.

Video:

Ultimate Ninja 05 -

This mission contains 5 fiend Ryu.

Where To Twirl/Spin At?

You can twirl anywhere... but its recommended that you spin near the center of level because some of the environment can disrupt your twirling.

Ultimate Ninja 04 -

This mission contains 2 fiend Ryu

Where To Twirl/Spin At?

Anywhere... the tactic here is to use 2 rachels. One to twirl and the other to (UT) them from a far enough distance. you can use this tactic in ultimate ninja 05 as well.

Video:

Ultimate Ninja 03 -

There are different methods on how to be successful using rachel to beat this mission. the method I use is to make things much easier. Thanks to rachel's twirl everything will run smooth. However, Rachel MUST NOT DIE during the two liberty statues spawn. If rachel dies once it can ruin the flow of things. Not saying you can't beat it, but it will become more chaotic. So restart if rachel dies...

Where To Twirl/Spin At?

You have the option to spin at the start of the mission or help your partner take out the two buddha statues first. You should begin spinning at the center of the level...

*Note* The partner (not rachel) must die 95% during the statue of liberties so they can lock on to rachel.

Video:

Ultimate Ninja 02 -

Where To Twirl/Spin At?

After Obaba dies, start your twirl near the center of the level. (hint) you should be twirling before she dies. Anyways, 2 Genshins will be lock on you and will be forcing you against the walls. Avoid at all cost!!! If you twirl near wall then prepare for it to break and genshin will surely kill you if you're not a master at this game. This is where instant twirl and advance twirl comes in handy (Very Effective) Make sure to rescue your partner if he/she dies.

Video:

Ultimate Ninja 01 -

a link to jthamind thread: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2/48794-ten-commandments-rachel-un1.html

Where To Twirl/Spin At?

Spin By The Yellow Huge Ball!!!

Video:

heres video to see where to twirl at...

credit to MasterRyukenden...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbAxfZ8Clyk]YouTube - ‪Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Ultimate Ninja 01 - Rachel Twirl‬‏[/ame]

Thread Incomplete

Edited by DEVILRYUUJIN

I dont condone this. I dont condone anything involving helping noobs be even more noobish!

I have to deal with enough Rachel noobs spinning and gunning up my room without this. Now I'm gonna have to deal with noobs being pro at being noobs, because of a guide!

You will rrruuue the day Ryuujin. You will ruuuuue! :rant:

xD

no i don't, im trying to complete un3 runs, and i have too many newcomers wanting to help me out... they can't because of issues (twirl), so they got me this way. bastards would rather hear advice from a master like me then for them to go look up themselves... whats got into the world these days :(

I dont condone this. I dont condone anything involving helping noobs be even more noobish!

I have to deal with enough Rachel noobs spinning and gunning up my room without this. Now I'm gonna have to deal with noobs being pro at being noobs, because of a guide!

You will rrruuue the day Ryuujin. You will ruuuuue! :rant:

xD

Haha. Guess its a good thing Rachel won´t be in Ng3 :)

no i don't, im trying to complete un3 runs, and i have too many newcomers wanting to help me out... they can't because of issues (twirl), so they got me this way. bastards would rather hear advice from a master like me then for them to go look up themselves... whats got into the world these days :(

LOL Why don't you just get a pro to help you? The mission is even easy with two ryus.