Online Pass

Vapor_N4

Online Pass confirmed.

I buy 99% of my games "new" even though sometimes I may wait for a price drop. I just don't like when online passes prevent me from playing on multiple screen names or how I can no longer take a game to a friends house so they can check it out.

GameFly: Ninja Gaiden 3 to require online pass | Joystiq

GameFly: Ninja Gaiden 3 to require online pass

by David Hinkle on Mar 6th 2012 2:35PM

To become a ninja, one must learn -- the deadly arts of war, for example. Or how to wear those weird socks. Stuff like that.

You can't be any geek off the street, and so Tecmo-Koei has decided to lock the online multiplayer of Ninja Gaiden 3 behind an online pass. So says a listing on Gamefly warning potential renters of Ninja Gaiden 3, anyway.

Update: It's confirmed! Ninja Gaiden 3 will have an online pass, a Tecmo Koei representative has confirmed with Joystiq.

Note: This game requires a Tecmo Koei Online Pass code to access online content. The Online Pass code is included with purchase, but not with rental of this title.
Edited by Vapor_N4

sony demands all multiplayer games have a online pass to it for now on. just like how the trophies got started. i was mad when they didnt add trophies to afro samurai, but since it was release before the date of enactment they was like fuck it...

I think going forward Sony requires them on games developed by studios they own (Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Insomniac, etc), but I believe other publishers are free to do as they please. Binary Domain just came out and that doesn't have an online pass.

Edited by Vapor_N4

My only problem with Online Passes is like Vapor said when they prevent you from playing on different screen names.

User locked online passes is fucking thievery. If it's system locked I have no problem with it.

Another thing is, this game better be run on fucking servers if you want people to pay for the online. Seriously... if it's just using my connection to host games you should be paying me to play online since my connection is the one hosting your online bitches.

I was going to try out Ninja Gaiden 3 but after hearing about this I pretty much put this game in my boycott list.

Even without it I wouldn't be getting it anyway because of the direction they were going with this game apparently.

Tecmo Koei, you disappoint. :facepalm:

This is true NGS2 is s..t for online. NINJA GAIDEN LAG 2 lol. Hope 3 have dedicated server. 4 vs 4 and no servers? :eek:

If it's no dedicated server it will all be up to the host's connection. So if you end up in a room with a shitty host, be prepared for lag session. Hopefully if they not doing dedicated it will at least still be a lobby system like on NGS2 that let you see connection signal or ping before you join.

Except with a more ACCURATE connection detector since NGS2's one was basically just for show. You could join a red connection and be smooth as hell, yet join a blue optimal connection and lag like shit.

In NGS2 you just had to join whatever room and cross your fingers.

If it's no dedicated server it will all be up to the host's connection. So if you end up in a room with a shitty host, be prepared for lag session. Hopefully if they not doing dedicated it will at least still be a lobby system like on NGS2 that let you see connection signal or ping before you join.

Except with a more ACCURATE connection detector since NGS2's one was basically just for show. You could join a red connection and be smooth as hell, yet join a blue optimal connection and lag like shit.

In NGS2 you just had to join whatever room and cross your fingers.

Ahahah true:D. Hope have not lag in this game the lag kill the combo -_-

I was going to try out Ninja Gaiden 3 but after hearing about this I pretty much put this game in my boycott list.

Even without it I wouldn't be getting it anyway because of the direction they were going with this game apparently.

Tecmo Koei, you disappoint. :facepalm:

If your boycotting because of the online pass soon you'll be boycotting every game that come's out.