Rate the trophy difficulty  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_gold_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.21

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

Just got 100%, it's very easy so I give this game a 2. The only tricky one is to paraloop Gillwing's tail, it took me a couple of tries, but I did it. Hint: Don't attempt the trophy on your first time fighting it. Defeat it the 'normal way' first, then you can do a shortcut to refight the boss at the level select screen.

Just got 100%, it's very easy so I give this game a 2. The only tricky one is to paraloop Gillwing's tail, it took me a couple of tries, but I did it. Hint: Don't attempt the trophy on your first time fighting it. Defeat it the 'normal way' first, then you can do a shortcut to refight the boss at the level select screen.

I was going to do this but I actually ended up earning the trophy by accident when I faced Gillwing :p

I voted 3. I'm a n00b to the original, but I aced Journey of Dreams on Wii. The premise is the same as the race levels, so getting an A on each (to this point) hasn't been difficult.

Paralooping the Gillwing's tail gave me the most trouble, but I finished that this morning in less than 10 minutes.

I give this a 3, there's only a slight level of challenge required to get A's on all levels. Paralooping Gillwing's tail can be a little frustrating as well, but with the ability to replay boss fights it doesn't take long to get the hang of it. Great memories of this title, I can't believe it's been 16 years!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave this a 4/10, but only because I made life harder for myself by coming back to this game in between playing others. I remember playing this on the Saturn (I still have 2 copies of Christmas Nights on disc) and that's the main reason I downloaded this. Awesome game, completely unique and if you've ever played this before - download it, you won't regret it.

• 2 months later...

I gave it a 1.

The thing is, before the control patch came out, this was easily a 3-4 or so. I got every trophy but the all A ranks one back before that patch. Coming back to it now, and playing it the way it should have been is an amazing difference, and makes the game waaaay easier to play. Paralooping that boss was such a pain with the old controls.

So basically, a very easy game, and definitly worth playing through at least once. Such an overlooked classic. I'm really glad I got to get this game without having to buy a Saturn just for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I give this a 3. Only one or two levels are somewhat difficult to achieve an A rank on. The game is very forgiving in that regard as I was nowhere near doing perfect runs on the levels to A rank them. I even had a few where I ran out of time during a nightmare and still got an A rank in the end. As long as you keep looping around the level as fast as many times as you can after unlcking the cage the points during some nightmares can really bolster your score to get an overall A rank. I actually think the hardest part of the entire game was the first boss. All the other bosses were so easy and then they start the game off with Gildewing? I still feel like I need to get lucky to win that fight after beating him 3 times. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but looping the tail was really frusterating.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted a 7 because of the first stage as Claris. That boss is a PITA. I couldn't paraloop the tail to save my life in the heat of the moment after the stage.

I stuck with attacking his chin so I was lucky to get a 1.3 multiplier that way, which meant I had to rack up enough points during the stage.

Other than the first stage as Claris, the only other hard one was the Stick Canyon for Elliott, but only because of the 4th mare. It is SO easy to miss the clock by a couple seconds if you get hit with a falling boulder, losing most of your points for that 4th mare. The boss wasn't too difficult. I just started blindly looping and it was enough to do him in with enough time to spare that I got a 1.8 multiplier that way. I would vote this stage a 5.

All other stages probably a 3.

• 4 years later...

4/10. Once you get used to it, it feels more like a 3/10 game because the A-ranks are pretty generous, but some of the bosses are no joke because of the clunkiness and the time limit. Losing against a boss or just taking too long is quite a painful setback, so I think this factors into the difficulty. I'm sure a lot of the people playing this have played the original before, so be warned that this is not as easy as people are saying, but isn't too bad either, especially since it's so short; I'd say it's average in difficulty. Absolute blast to play though, never played anything quite like it, although I guess one could say it's a more arcady Sonic, but in the air.

• 3 years later...

4 out of 10 

NiGHTs is one of those SEGA games I never got into as a kid. Turned out to be a gem. 

Paralooping and getting a ‘Dreamy’ rating proved to be the tough trophies. Getting A rank on all stages wasn’t as hard as I initially thought. I had to replay each stage two to three times to get the pattern. 

A lot of fun with a 90’s infused soundtrack, SEGA always had good music.