Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point DLC - Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Coop

Overview:

Estimated difficulty: 2/10

Estimated time to platinum: 2-5 Hours

Offline trophies: 5 (2 (B), 2 (S), 1 (G))

Online trophies: N/A

Minimum number of playthroughs required: 1

Number of missable trophies: None

Glitched trophies: N/A

Do cheats affect trophies?: N/A

Does difficulty affect trophies: N/A

Step 1: Complete the story missions

There are only a few missions to complete this time, and they all take place within North Point. They are all relatively easy to complete and show up on your map, like before, as a green shield. While completing these, feel free to complete any of the new side missions along the way. These side missions comprise of: Trapped Civilians (represented on the map by a blue speech bubble with a man inside), Yaoguai (represented by a purple swirl) or Jiang Shi (represented by a blue swirl).

Completing the main missions will award you with the two hidden trophies.

Step 2: Cleanup

Now that you've finished the story missions it's time to finish up all the other events, shrines, and stat awards that you may have missed along the way. Complete all of the side missions for Ghosts and Stuff, all the stat awards for Cursed Gold and find all Hell Money shrines for Hell Money.

After you've finished these, you should have all 5 DLC trophies!

Edited by Terminator
Removed some dead images.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1378/052.jpg Pet Cemetery (B)(H)

Send Dogeyes, Ratface and Ponytail back to Hell.

[spoiler=storymission1]Story related. After the mission where you first encounter the Peachwood Sword, you will unlock two missions - one to kill Dogeyes and one to kill Ratface. Once you complete these, another mission will unlock, which involves killing Ponytail. After you finish this mission, you will unlock this trophy.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1378/053.jpg I Can Haz Banishment (G)(H)

Banish Smiley Cat.

[spoiler=storymission2]Story related. Unlocks after the cutscene in the final mission where you fight Smiley Cat.

Boss Fight:

Stage 1: You will have to fight Jiang Shi and close their portal - this is done the exact same way as previous missions and side missions. Once you close the portal, a Peachwood sword will spawn. To make the fight easier, don't use it on the Jiang Shi and save it for Smiley Cat and an upcoming Yaoguai instead.

Stage 2: Smiley Cat will enter the body of a monk. Fight him for a while (either with the Peachwood sword or with your fists,) until he summons a Yaoguai.

Stage 3: Now you have to fight a Yaoguai in exactly the same way as you would have done in previous missions. Remember that if you still have the Peachwood sword, you can immediately start attacking the Yaoguai.

Stages 1, 2 and 3 will then repeat.

Stage 4: You now get to fight the final form of Smiley Cat. Similar to a Yaoguai, you can only attack him with either a full face meter or a Peachwood sword. Use the surrounding Jiang Shi to build up your face meter. Once you have a full face meter, attack Smiley Cat. Don't fight the Jiang Shi as they will keep respawning. Once you defeat Smiley Cat, watch the cutscene, then the trophy will unlock.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1378/054.jpg Ghosts and Stuff (S)

Complete all secondary content.

For this trophy, you have to complete all side missions. There are 3 Trapped Civilian missions (represented on the map by a blue speech bubble with a man inside), 4 Jiang Shi missions (represented by a blue swirl), and 3 Yaoguai missions (represented by a purple swirl). Once you complete all 10 of the side missions, you will unlock the trophy.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1378/055.jpg Cursed Gold (B)

Achieve 5 Gold Awards.

The 5 stat awards and their requirements for gold are:

Vampire Hunter: Kill 200 Jiang Shi - Jiang Shi are present all throughout the story and also after you finish the main missions. It is unlikely you will get the Gold for this challenge during the story missions, so you will probably have to look for groups of Jiang Shi hanging around. (They will show up on your minimap if you are near them.)

It is important to note that you must kill the Jiang Shi with your hands or else your stat number will not increase. Vehicle kills also do not count towards this stat award. (Update: Kills with a full face meter now do count towards your total.)

Demon Hunter: Kill 20 Yaoguai - Yaoguai are the larger demons that require you to either have a full face meter or be using a Peachwood sword in order to damage them. Again, you will not finish this challenge before the main story is complete, and will have to look for more around North Point. For more information about finding Yaoguai, see Demonic Exorcism.

Demonic Exorcism: Kill 15 Yaoguai with a Peachwood sword - While you still have side missions available, if you complete a Jiang Shi side mission it will reward you with a Peachwood sword, which you can then use on Yaoguai side missions. (Note: You do not need a full face meter to damage Yaoguai with a Peachwood sword.) If you have already finished the side missions, you can find Yaoguai around North Point. Look out on your minimap for a single enemy icon. There you will find a Peachwood sword hovering above the ground, which will spawn a Yaoguai if you pick it up. Some areas where you can find these Peachwood swords are shown in this map:

http://i.imgur.com/2wDie.png

Hard To Get: Avoid 100 Jiang Shi bites - It is recommended that you wait until you finish Vampire Hunter before actively aiming for this, as you will evade many bites while normally fighting them. If you still need to avoid more bites find a Jiang Shi, grab it (using :circle:) then just stand there. Soon it will glow red and you can counter the bite (by pressing :triangle:). Grab it again and repeat until you have completed the challenge. One thing to be wary of is if you fill up your face meter when you counter you will kick the Jiang Shi, killing it.

Underworld Offerings: Find 10 Hell money shrines - See trophy description for Hell Money.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/1378/056.jpg Hell Money (S)

Find all the money shrines.

There are 10 Hell money shrines to be found around North Point. Their locations are shown in this map:

http://i.imgur.com/8BzZe.png

Edited by Terminator
Removed a dead image, fixed the spoiler tags and updated the trophy tiles.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a specific way to kill the Jiang Shi? The stat count only rises by one or two for every five or six I kill. I don't know if it has to be a certain way for killing them, or is it just me?

Make sure you're killing them with your hands/weapons, vehicle kills don't count as far as I know.

Is there a specific way to kill the Jiang Shi? The stat count only rises by one or two for every five or six I kill. I don't know if it has to be a certain way for killing them, or is it just me?

I was having this problem. I should have reached 200 kills long before now, and for every 2 or 3 or 5 kills I got, the count on the stats page only went up by 1 or 2. So I tested it, and it would seem that any Jiang Shi killed when your face meter is full and active (when you're glowing blue) don't count. They only count when you kill them when your face is empty or not activated.

Do you have to have the actual disk of sleeping dogs to play this DLC?

Yes, Well that or the game from PSN store AFAIK, I access it via the disc.

I was having this problem. I should have reached 200 kills long before now, and for every 2 or 3 or 5 kills I got, the count on the stats page only went up by 1 or 2. So I tested it, and it would seem that any Jiang Shi killed when your face meter is full and active (when you're glowing blue) don't count. They only count when you kill them when your face is empty or not activated.

Just to confirm & clarify:

Vampire Hunter: Kill 200 Jiang Shi

These kills will only be counted when you kill the selected mobs by hand. I also tested and counted my kills and can confirm that if your face meter is full and you are empowered (glowing blue) the kills will not count towards the gold stat. Simply stop attacking & wait for the effect to wear off, It doesn't last long, Once it has finished continue finishing the mob. This also gives you a chance to replenish any lost health. Kills by vehicle will not be counted either.

Finally, Thank you for the excellent guide, Finished this evening and thoroughly enjoyed the DLC :)

Edited by JMeeks

These kills will only be counted when you kill the selected mobs by hand. I also tested and counted my kills and can confirm that if your face meter is full and you are empowered (glowing blue) the kills will not count towards the gold stat. Simply stop attacking & wait for the effect to wear off, It doesn't last long, Once it has finished continue finishing the mob. This also gives you a chance to replenish any lost health. Kills by vehicle will not be counted either.

Finally, Thank you for the excellent guide, Finished this evening and thoroughly enjoyed the DLC :)

Cheers for the confirmation bro, I'll update the guide for clarification. :)

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed the DLC. I thought it was fun too, and a great value-for-money addition to an already great game.

Yes, Well that or the game from PSN store AFAIK, I access it via the disc.

Oh no! Crap!!!:mad: I want my 100% back :-(.

Oh no! Crap!!!:mad: I want my 100% back :-(.

If you haven't got the disc and want to play the DLC, is it possible for you to borrow it from a friend/rent it? Or even buy the game from a store that has a suitable returns policy (so you can buy the game, play the DLC (which is very fun but doesn't take too long) then return it and get a full refund)?

Thank you for an excellent and comprehensive guide. :)

Thank you for your feedback. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks a lot for the maps:applause:

There are a lot of Peachwood swords...even more than in that map...so the trophies are quite easy...;)

Yeah, that map is by no means all the Peachwood sword locations, but it was more than adequate for me to get the required Yaoguai kills and should be for anyone else too. :)