Rate the trophy difficulty  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.67

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 3 months later...

Personally, rated 4/10 if you're familiar with Japanese visual novels.

10/10 if you don't know Japanese, or if you're not using a guide!!!

Update Edit:

I have (P)'d both versions of the game & the "Read Complete" (G) to achieve for the platinum is the only tricky trophy without a guide. Somehow, I hit a big fork in the road with the "Read Complete" (G), due to the Spy route that I had trouble on, too.

Shin kamaitachi no yoru is an equal-difficulty to 428 fuusa de shibuya, imo. So, beware as it is not visual novel-friendly; it somewhat is, but nothing like: L@VE Once, umineko, Time Leap, etc.

Note for Westerns:

On Chapter 28:犯人だと思われる人物 ... You will need to input, or decipher all of the names from the letter A-I from on the flow chart. This might be a challenge, if you're not familiar with Hiragana characters in the Japanese language.

a) さかまき

b) きょうか

c) かんばやし

d) ろーず

e) さとみ

f) くろい

g) ゆきの

h) うかい

i*) かまいたち

i*) ぼっこ

i*) ぽぽりん

Edited by MainComptonese

• 1 month later...

I will give this a 5 out of 10, but i assume this will get easier as people add to the guide. I see what MainComp means about people that are non-fluent will struggle because entering in Japanese characters was not fun.

The guide is very well written and can easily be done in 20 hours. Not your typical easy visual novel, but can be done :)

• 2 weeks later...

I consider this to be one of the intermediate VNs. Can be done in 15-20 hours, and its totally worth the read. Pretty much agree with MainComp's 4/10.

Read Complete (G) requires completing the flowchart. The spy route has a few percentages tucked away depending on your situation with the grenade, pot, and how many bullets you have left in your gun. Can't stress enough that watching the flowchart when you make those certain changes will help flushing this route out greatly. As some of the difficulty in this visual novel is because the chart is dynamic, so it can be easy to get lost in thinking you have completed something when you really have not. So keeping track of the key decisions will help.

Clean-up won't be too bad even though there are several branches you won't uncover during your initial runs. I didn't particularly like how the platinum bookmark has a random generator, it took me well over 15 loads for one chapter, oh well.

My assessment for import friendliness to non-Japanese fans, there will likely be some struggle, guide or not. The issues mentioned by the above posters are for those not familiar that in Japanese we can have different fonts for Hiragana characters. As you will have to input them manually. I'll put it this way, if you can type Hiragana on your keyboard right now, you won't have a problem.

• 1 year later...

Just got my plat. It took me 13:51hrs and I mainly used these two wikis after my primary run through:

???????? 11????????????? ??Wiki - Lostgamer

???????? 11?????? (?????) ?? wiki ???

The worst part was getting 100% read trophy but to be honest it wasn't particularly hard platinium - I rated it 3/10, but folks that don't read japanese should bump it to 8-10/10.

• 5 months later...
folks that don't read japanese should bump it to 8-10/10.

honestly, a player who doesn't read Japanese but "play" this game only for trophies, I call this losing time. People don't have other things to do? Clicking on sentences they absolutely don't understand, what's the point? The interest of a Sound Novel is the story. If you don't speak the language...

For me it's a 5, almost a 6. I understand Japanese, I've already done several Sound and Visual Novels recently (I like retrogaming) on my PS1: MACHI, OTOGIRISO, KAMAITACHI NO YORU, KYOUFU SHINBUN, etc. But it's the first time I try to finish one at 100%. It was a little hard, honestly. I've been discouraged several times, even with the guide under my nose... I played the game by myself at first (playing with the guide since the beginning is nonsense in a Sound Novel). After a while and finding most of the endings of the main route, and after a few tries in other routes, I started to use the guide. But as I said, it was very tricky (the Spy Route and a few other things too).

PS : the game is good but not THAT good from my point of view... I still prefer the first KAMAITACHI on my PS1, for instance.

Edited by olivierolivier