White Moonflower Glitch?

QuantumMercury

Just so people know first off when trying to get the white moonflower it is not a good idea to have 2 saves and reload the save before you planted if you didn't get the white moonflower. Your odds (at least mine did when I changed methods) increase when you plant and save, move the clock forward 2 days, harvest the seeds and then replant and resave (over the same save). Meaning, you should harvest your seeds even if you don't get the white moonflower and then repeat the process.

I used:

Pink | Peach | Pink | Peach |Pink

Peach | Pink | Peach | Pink |Peach

YOU CAN HARVEST THE SEED AND STILL GET THE LEGENDARY GARDENER TROPHY! I was moving my clock foward 2 days every time after changing methods from Plant>NewSave>ReloadOldSave a save to replant to Harvest>Replant>Resave. No watering or fertilizer. Total time took me was 30ish minutes, 3 retries with the new method after 7 fails with the old method. If you try straight off the bat with my method you can probably get the flower in less than 10 minutes.

Edited by QuantumMercury

you are a god at planting these Sajiko.

I saw your post and seen loads of people having problems getting white moon flower so i followed your guide my first try and on my first planet of Peach and Pink flower i got 4 White Moonflowers :D

thanks mate now i can get some money together.

I was doing it this way and it took me over 20 tries with no result. Then I checked the sister site and they had slightly different method. It looks like this:

[Pi][Pe][Pi][Pe][Pi]

[Pe][Pi][Pe][Pi][Pe]

[Pi][Pe][Pi][Pe][Pi]

And after collecting seeds, planting:

[Pe][Pi][Pe][Pi][Pe]

[Pi][Pe][Pi][Pe][Pi]

[Pe][Pi][Pe][Pi][Pe]

An then again the first pattern an so on. Save your data over the same file all the time after you plant seeds.

It only took me three tries using this method to get 3(!) spots with white moonflower seeds.

• 1 month later...
Just so people know first off when trying to get the white moonflower it is not a good idea to have 2 saves and reload the save before you planted if you didn't get the white moonflower. Your odds (at least mine did when I changed methods) increase when you plant and save, move the clock forward 2 days, harvest the seeds and then replant and resave (over the same save). Meaning, you should harvest your seeds even if you don't get the white moonflower and then repeat the process.

I used:

Peach | Pink | Peach | Pink |Peach

YOU CAN HARVEST THE SEED AND STILL GET THE LEGENDARY GARDENER TROPHY! I was moving my clock foward 2 days every time after changing methods from Plant>NewSave>ReloadOldSave a save to replant to Harvest>Replant>Resave. No watering or fertilizer. Total time took me was 30ish minutes, 3 retries with the new method after 7 fails with the old method. If you try straight off the bat with my method you can probably get the flower in less than 10 minutes.

I updated the guide and gave you credit. Thanks for the tips.

I think its all just random, i've been at this method for four hours now and I haven't got one white moonflower seed.

LOL five minutes after I complain I GET THE SEED!! YAY. I guess what they say about this forum is true, squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Six hours on this, 4 doing the method in this thread and 2 doing the method in the guide. 99% of it on easy and the last 3 harvests on hard. Got it using the method in the guide.

Edited by XNebula

• 2 weeks later...

well i am using the 2 metods from the guide and this one i have been for 2 days doing the same planting and harvesting but no luck my date in my sp3 is in 2011 i know is sound stup#$ but does reloading save files work or i have to keep doing the same till i have some luck in the game and maybe get to 2012 in my ps3 or just reload till i get it reloading the save file thanks for any info that u gave

well it me again i just have another question someone tollme the white moonflower only can be harvest at the beggining of the game is that true because i am in the part 2 of the game and i donth wanna start all over againg only because i miss to doit in the part 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

One thing I'm concerned with with this guide. Bordering on 40 tries on this annoyance of a Trophy I decided to re-read the guide. The Cultivation guide thingy doesn't show up in my inventory at all.

Is it meant to be hidden?

Am I unfortunately experienced an annoying glitch?

Or do I just have to remain as patient as I've been until this stupid flower just pops into existence?

Edit: Don't worry, I finally got the friggin' cursed flower after around 60 tries.....

Edited by Xiphos08mp

• 1 year later...

Got it on my 7th attempt after switching to this method. Thank you for posting it. In addition, I thought it was simply wonderful that the Guide was supposedly updated, yet it isn't. That bit of bullshit confused the shit outta me for sometime trying to make sense of this wretched trophy. Guide really should be updated proper with this method. I prolly sunk a good 50 tries into the guides way with no luck at all.:mad: