Faster way to find eagle eggs (suicide trick)

MRxWRESTLEMANIA

I read many of you guys had a lot of problems finding those bloody eagle eggs, I feel with you guys.

So, instead of reloading your game all the time, here is a video (not mine) showing a way that is faster to get to gather spot, it only took me about 100minutes to find all 4 eggs. (Save when you find a egg, game over deletes unsaved items. So if you find any other rare materials like gold ore, you should walk the way down to save aswell.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9wu6iRoPTI]YouTube - Nier Material Farming ( Suicide Trick )[/ame]

Its about the same speed as reloading saves it seems like. Either way you have to go through the loading screen. While it would shave a few second off each run, it wouldnt make a very notable difference in the longrun.

It definitely wouldnt have made my Eagle Egg hunting shorter than 10 hours either :p lol

I did this exact same method and I never had to save after finding an egg. I just saved once after entering Aerie, did the jumping thing (eventually got the default spawn over by the bridge side where the egg is) and even when I got one and Game Overed I kept the egg. The same principle can be applied to the "material corridor" in Junk Heap.

It's a lot faster if you do this on first play of the game, where you'll have less HP. I'm playing RepliCant and I did this the first visit of Aerie.

been trying the suicide method for a bit... however, when you die and respawn from continue, it DOES NOT always save the material you just gathered.

it's not consistent either. for example, I've lost a Broken Pottery when I died one time, but when I found another Broken Pottery, I managed to keep it after dying.

so the suicide method may be quick, but if you should always run back & save if you find a rare material that you still need.

• 1 month later...

so once again the spoiler crap on this website may have screwed me. since i can not see spoilers on this lap top i did not know u could miss eagle eggs. till i needed them. went to another site found it out the hard way. if i finish the game with ending c again will i be able to do another play though to get eagle eggs and get ending d?

I did this exact same method and I never had to save after finding an egg. I just saved once after entering Aerie, did the jumping thing (eventually got the default spawn over by the bridge side where the egg is) and even when I got one and Game Overed I kept the egg. The same principle can be applied to the "material corridor" in Junk Heap.

It's a lot faster if you do this on first play of the game, where you'll have less HP. I'm playing RepliCant and I did this the first visit of Aerie.

yup.. did it the same way... before starting the mission in Aerie in 2nd part.. got 2 within 1 hr or less.. then had to do for some stuff to do.. i hope it would be the same when i get back to the game..

it was like.. every 10 spawns you get an eagle egg!

thanks for the method mate :)

• 4 weeks later...

Is there some kind of trick with these eggs? Am I going to loose them once I get to part 2 of the game? Cause I had a 100% drop rate on them so far, I harvested theyre spawn point 5 times and I got 5 eagle eggs, and I also found 2 meteorites in the process on that harvest point near the mailbox and Im guessing these meteorites have got to be uncomon at least.

Im just wondering am I beeing ridiculously lucky here? Is it because Im on part 1? Is it because Im playing on hard?

Is there some kind of trick with these eggs? Am I going to loose them once I get to part 2 of the game? Cause I had a 100% drop rate on them so far, I harvested theyre spawn point 5 times and I got 5 eagle eggs, and I also found 2 meteorites in the process on that harvest point near the mailbox and Im guessing these meteorites have got to be uncomon at least.

Im just wondering am I beeing ridiculously lucky here? Is it because Im on part 1? Is it because Im playing on hard?

Well, the rare drop rate is supposed to get better tha harder the difficulty, but you still have a ton of luck on your side.

i hate this item i got 2 be for and i need 2 now =[

it is do boring to do this every time

and the other item to i hate farming on on of the item -_-

i'll try ur way

BTW

any one can find Large Gear ?? i really can't find it !!

and there are more item hard to get it like Broken Wristwatch it is so so so hard to get just one -_-

are there any advice guz ??

i hate this item i got 2 be for and i need 2 now =[

it is do boring to do this every time

and the other item to i hate farming on on of the item -_-

i'll try ur way

BTW

any one can find Large Gear ?? i really can't find it !!

and there are more item hard to get it like Broken Wristwatch it is so so so hard to get just one -_-

are there any advice guz ??

Turn difficulty to hard and do junk heap runs on b2, the small robots with the yellow lights drop large gear.

Broken wristwatch I got in the southern plains off the big armored guys with clubs and shields, you can also find them in the fortune teller's vision where you get attacked by 100 shades.

Edited by XNebula

• 9 months later...

Sorry to necro but I have some very useful information to share that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else. I figured out a way to dramatically speed up the suicide trick and it's not a glitch either. It's a matter of taking advantage of invisible checkpoints.

Here's what you need to do (remember to set the game on hard for a rare item bonus):

1. Head over to where the egg spawns and double jump from the bridge down to it. Time your jumps so you don't land on your butt.

2. Gather the item (if there's anything there) then run over to where you see a barrel on the tip of a ledge and jump over it, into the abyss.

3. You should spawn back up top. Keep jumping off until you are down to the lowest possible amount of health before dying. Don't suicide yet!

4. Double jump back down to where the egg spawns and run over to the barrel and jump over it to your death.

5. After seeing the game over screen, you should respawn with such low health that one jump off the edge will kill you.

6. If you don't see the gathering spot sparkling, jump off the edge to kill yourself. It should only take one jump if you followed the steps.

7. If there is an item down below, double jump to it and gather whatever it is, then run to the barrel and jump over it to your death. By dying near that barrel, whatever you picked up will stay in your inventory.

8. Once you need a break or have gathered all the items you need (eg. eagle eggs, broken pottery, gold ore, etc.) heal yourself and then run back to the save point and save your game.

You don't need to save the game after each rare item you get, unless you're paranoid. Just remember to run to the barrel I keep mentioning and then jump over it to save your items via an invisible check point. Also, it takes about 15-20 seconds to gather and reset each item. About 10-15 seconds if there's nothing at the gathering location.

I got all 4 eggs in less then an hour using this method I came up with.

Edited by Moonlight
Improved instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to necro but I have some very useful information to share that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else. I figured out a way to dramatically speed up the suicide trick and it's not a glitch either. It's a matter of taking advantage of invisible checkpoints.

(...)

I got all 4 eggs in less then an hour using this method I came up with.

This worked perfectly for me - I got 4 eagle eggs and 2 meteorites, plus a few gold ores and some other random stuff, in about 45 minutes. This was after about 30 minutes of loading saves and not getting a single egg. Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

I spent about 5 hours checking the spawn point and then exiting to the N. Plains to kill the shamans. I didn't get a single egg or any rare drops from the shamans - I did get about 15 broken pottery's and numerous other rare items though. Using the suicide method in the Aerie, I got all the eggs in less than 3 hours. Once in the N. Plains (on a cloudy day) I used the boat trick, and got all my shaman rares in about 1 hour. Working on one zone at a time seems to be the way to go.

• 1 year later...
Also jumping off doesn't allow you to keep items, I just lost meteorite. I'll try waiting a bit before jumping but I'd recommend saving after regardless

The first post in the thread states that you will not keep any items you've gathered if you die without saving. That's the experience I've had as well.

So you should indeed go back and save after each material found that is worth keeping.

If you're not already doing so, also make sure to switch over to hard difficulty when farming this way, it will save alot of time in the long run as you die faster.

• 10 months later...