American Release Date - April 27th

F8L Fool

In a press release on February 3rd on the official NIER website (NIER | SQUARE ENIX), Square Enix announced that the game would be launching in the U.S. on April 27th.

Here's a snippet from that press release (that I had to transcribe because it's in Adobe format lol):

"The latest offering from the RPG masters at Square Enix, NIER is a unique "Action-RPG" that blends traditional RPG gameplay mechanics with intense, bloody combat and powerful magic to create an action-packed single-player experience where players explore and discover a future lost to a shadowy Past.

Players will jump into the title role of the unyielding Nier as he began his desparate quest to discover a cure for his daughter, Yonah, who is stricken with the deadly Black Scrawl disease. Armed with powerful magic as well as mighty swords, Nier will battle alongside formiddable allies against waves of dark enemies and giant bosses to discover the truth about the disease, his daughter...and himself."

I'm really excited to see a new IP from one of my favorite developers. Hopefully it's better than their other releases that frankly have been horrific IMO.

• 3 weeks later...