Man of Means or Forging Master?

staabz

Which trophy do you think requires the most grinding? I'm on part 2 at the Forest of Myth and I've only got $168,000. I haven't even purchased all of the weapons from the blacksmiths. I can easily drop over $100k on those right now.

I've never sold anything and I pick up everything. I think that might give me a head start on Forging Master. Did you guys not have a lot of money by the end of your first play through either?

Also, I haven't gotten Worsmith yet either. When did that pop for you guys?

I would work on finishing Man of Means first. By the end of my first, old, playthrough I have something over $900,000 and had only leveled up the Beastlord sword (I think). Apparently Forging Master is also more of a grind due to the rare items required.

I would just focus on one or maybe two weapons for upgrades and then do the rest after finishing Man of Means.

Wordsmith unlocked for me at some point during the second half of the game (There is a point in the game where Nier will change his appearance with the giant eye patch and will be able to wield additional weapon types). If you're playing on Easy or Normal I would recommend turning up the difficulty to work towards this. I feel that the difficulty affects the quality and variety in Words that you can find, as I suddenly started getting more once I tried the game on hard.

If you're looking for an easy time, get Phoenix Spear and upgrade it to max asap. That weapon just tears everything up in no time.

Leave the rest of the upgrades for last imo, you'll spend alot of hours grinding for materials.

I'd recommend to go for Man of Means after you're done with Legendary Gardener (getting White Moonflower).

When you have your White Moonflower you can farm the money from growing flowers in a couple of hours.