Hunting Shaman Shades for Forlorn Necklace/Broken Earring

hyousai

These items are some of the last ones I need, so I'm looking for a good place to hunt Shamans.

The guide suggests the Northern Plains, but it's a pain going in and out until they appear, and even when they do appear, it's a pain to run around and get the Shamans and I've only gotten the necklace to drop once (in 47+ hours of gameplay).

I thought I found a good place inside the Lost Shrine, where you can get 8-10 Shamans (albeit ones with the red antimagic shield) in 2-3 minutes by jumping down to the lower spiral staircase and heading back to the top. However, I've done this run 10 times and still no Necklace/Earring. They've just dropped a bunch of Recovery Potions, Pretty Chokers, Flashy Hats, and Spirit Capsules.

So do the shielded Shamans drop Forlorn Necklaces, or only the unshielded variety? I'm getting a bit sick of spiral staircases.

If I remember correctly those Shamans inside the Lost Shrine are not the same as those of the plains and they do not drop these items.

In the Lost Shrine you can find 2 (I think) at the top, one at the roof to the left of the entrance where you fought Gretel and another to the higher roof to the right.

I got mine at the plains anyway, just keep grinding.

Thanks all. Got 'em.

Went back to the Northern Plains and bumped the difficulty up to Hard for good measure. 2 dropped in the first two runs, and the 3rd a few runs later. Hell, even picked up the last 5 Dented Metal Bats I needed. All that's left now is 2 Stopped Clocks down in the lab and I'm done!

I guess it's true that as soon as you complain about how hard it is to get a type of material, it starts appearing.

Edited by hyousai

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if its the code of the game or what. But when i first started hunting them i got 2 in a row was thinking hey this is gonna be easy! Hours and hours later still stuck on 2 :p

Update ==

Got them all now, just be sure to wait till you h ave all the Shadowlord keys. That way 6 appear on the Plains instead of 4. (2 on the village side, and 4 on the aerie/forest of myth side)

Edited by sypher

• 1 year later...