Soundtrack

Xander45

I've just started playing this and wanted to comment on how good the soundtrack is, the lyrics might be gibberish (apologies if it's a language I'm unfamiliar with) but the meoldies are superb.

Really enjoy hanging around the northern plains just to hear the song. Gameplay isn't all that and the MC has a very weird way of jumping but I really enjoy the looks and sounds of this game so far.

Currently doing a load of random sidequests for people before kicking on with the main story.

It truly is an amazing soundtrack, one of my all-time favorites.

Gameplay isn't all that great, but it gets the job done, the story and music make up for it.

It's quite a relaxing game to play, the artwork fits everything very nicely. I still haven't finished it yet since I've been so busy :o

I got this and No More Heroes as my first games through Lovefilm so I don't think I'll bother with the grinding as I can send it back for another game, I'll just enjoy the ride and download the soutndtrack :)

Make sure you go through NG+ as you only have to play the 2nd half again, and the cut scenes are from a different perspective the 2nd time around.

A truly under rated game by all means.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've just started playing this and wanted to comment on how good the soundtrack is, the lyrics might be gibberish (apologies if it's a language I'm unfamiliar with) but the meoldies are superb.

Really enjoy hanging around the northern plains just to hear the song. Gameplay isn't all that and the MC has a very weird way of jumping but I really enjoy the looks and sounds of this game so far.

Currently doing a load of random sidequests for people before kicking on with the main story.

The singer is Emi Evans. Wonderful voice, and a wonderful person. Her and I have been good friends for a few years now, and you can find her on Facebook and tell her yourself how grateful you are of the soundtrack.

Emi Evans | Facebook

If you like the soundtrack, be sure and check out the many various Nier soundtracks Square Enix has released now: Music of Nier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I think the soundtrack has become one of the highest regards of the entire game, and no matter what people may think of the game itself, it's unanimously agreed the soundtrack is perfect.

And if you are curious about the language used in the game for the music, here's an interview that explains the "language" used: Original Sound Version » Deep into NieR: Interview With Vocalist and Lyricist Emi Evans.

"
Evans:
When we sat down to have the initial meeting about NieR, I was asked to write all the lyrics in made-up futuristic languages as well as sing.

I had no experience with this as such, but have always enjoyed singing in different languages -in church choir and at school we sang in Latin, German, French, Italian and I grew up listening to cassettes of Japanese kids songs which I couldn’t understand but loved mimicking- I found it so much fun to use different parts of my throat and mouth and make sounds which were unfamiliar to my own ears. So the idea of being able to invent and sing not just one but several different languages was just so appealing to me that I jumped at the chance. It was a little challenging at times but more than that, it was just fascinating!"

By the way, you may be interested in Emi Evan's musical group, freesscape. Wonderful music also...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_jRV3VzoNg]freesscape - Next Confusion - YouTube[/ame]

EDIT: By the way, her and I keep up to date with each other often, and right now I have been trying to convince her to make a cover/tribute to the song used in Drakengard, "Growing Wings". When she finishes, I believe she may upload it into her freesscape page on YouTube. When she lets me know she's finished, I'll be sure and share :).

Edited by Zyzxx

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...