Timed Boss Battles

MooseLiquid

So I just beat P-33 twice in a row in under 2 minutes and did not receive the trophy. The requirements say 4+ minutes. Has anyone else had any glitches with these trophies? I'm on my second playthrough so I only have one more chance to do this and I'm not thrilled that the trophy didn't unlock this time.

Edit: 3 times now... no trophy

Edited by MooseLiquid

No. Did you skip the intro scene / dialogue? Unfortunately those count towards the battle time (which I think really sucks as I like to watch the dialogue).

Do you have an extra save slot (game only allows 3 IIRC)? Just make an extra save before the battle and you'll have infinite tries at it (hopefully you won't need them).

Edited by Stork77

No. Did you skip the intro scene / dialogue? Unfortunately those count towards the battle time (which I think really sucks as I like to watch the dialogue).

Do you have an extra save slot (game only allows 3 IIRC)? Just make an extra save before the battle and you'll have infinite tries at it (hopefully you won't need them).

I did skip the cutscenes and plowed through the dialogue. I really don't know what the issue is here. I started counting from when I jumped down the hole and stopped after the final cutscene. Even if I added in the dialogue of the brother afterwards, I finished all of it in less than 90 seconds.

I've tried three times now and I don't know whether it is worth is to do this fight over and over. I have never had any glitched trophy problems so I don't know if this is something that can be remedied with multiple attempts, or just to play all the way through again.

Alright.. problem solved. So no matter how many reloads I did, the trophy would not unlock. I turned off my PS3, came back an hour later, beat the boss in a minute and it unlocked.

I guess the game thought the white moonflower and upgrade trophies weren't enough of a pain in the ass.

• 2 years later...