XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > N (PS3) > Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Old 01-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default English Dub?

So, as the title suggests, is there going to be an english dub for this game? Cause I've heard nothing about it and the western release is closing in. Personally I can't imagine playing this game with english voiceovers, but at the same time for some reason I'm hoping it will have it (and this is from a guy that always likes stuff best in their original language). The only ps3 jrpgs I've played so far that has got voice in japanese only would be Record of Agarest War and I think Record of Agarest War Zero too, but I imagine it is because they are long games with low budgets and are aimed towards a niche fanbase that would not mind it in it's original language (personally I think it would have been awful in english).

Ni no Kuni seems more ambitious. So, will there be a dub for this thing? Personally I would prefer it as long as you can choose, because in the case of it being horrible, you could always fall back on the japanese.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

look at it this way. if they were not doing an english dub then the game would be out already . the fact that we still dont have a release date shows that they are doing a full localization

Lemegeton300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

There's plenty of good English dubs out there. I think this game is very likely to have an English dub too. Though not every game lets you choose languages and some can be English dub voices only with Japanese games in the English version.

But of course like i've mentioned before, I listen to both English voices in these games as well as the Japanese voices since I usually enjoy both.

What concerns me though is that if it's going to have an English dub like the Studio Ghibli movies where it mostly uses like famous movie stars doing the voiceovers, or would it be more like ones we can recognize from other Japanese-created games and Anime series.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

I really hope they give us the option of listening to the original Japanese audio with English Subs as I'm not a fan of dubs.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

The game will most definitely come with English voiceovers. What's questionable is whether it will come with dual audio. Studio Ghibli, being the class act they are, might push for that feature to be included, hopefully.

Also, it is so freaking weird that having just opened the LA studio in America, Level 5 would pass on the publishing rights and responsibility to Namco Bandai. I would have thought this would be their first big project involving localization.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygrg View Post
The game will most definitely come with English voiceovers. What's questionable is whether it will come with dual audio. Studio Ghibli, being the class act they are, might push for that feature to be included, hopefully.

Also, it is so freaking weird that having just opened the LA studio in America, Level 5 would pass on the publishing rights and responsibility to Namco Bandai. I would have thought this would be their first big project involving localization.
This is sort of like when NISA 1st started in America. They were open but let Atlus have the 1st Disgaea and Mastiff had La Pucelle. But once that was done, then NISA was able to do their own thing by bringing their own games such as Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom as well as Gust games.