What's the difference?

You need both parts, the 16GB part installs itself as game data, while the smaller one installs the "game" and the game icon in the XMB. you can find more about that in this thread: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/tech-centre/224017-why-cant-i-download-ni-no-kuni.html

Probably very few games are being distributed that way, apart from Ni no Kuni I encountered something like this only once with the downloadable version of Uncharted 3.

Thanks for the info... it's kinda odd they would do it that way if you ask me

Yeah I thought so too... and this game is huuuuge... not sure if I want to keep it saved in my HDD. It may have been cheap as a sale but HDD space on the PS3 is prime digital real estate... I may have to delete the game and get myself a physical copy instead... Pretty sure newer PS Plus games would benefit from the purge.

Does anyone here know if the game save on the digital version will be compatible with the disc version?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
You need both parts, the 16GB part installs itself as game data, while the smaller one installs the "game" and the game icon in the XMB. you can find more about that in this thread: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/tech-centre/224017-why-cant-i-download-ni-no-kuni.html

Probably very few games are being distributed that way, apart from Ni no Kuni I encountered something like this only once with the downloadable version of Uncharted 3.

Thanks for posting this.. I was wondering too. I was hoping the 6 GB file was a demo or something.

HUGE game file especially for my poor 80 GB PS3. :o