XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 05-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
jedi1josh

Default Familiar stats seem to not mean much

I had played all the way up to getting to Yule before referring to the threads on here. I noticed lots of people saying that people who keep their original Mite familiar are making a mistake and should have switched to a much stronger one, I also noticed the author of the guide suggested getting Dinoceros saying he is very strong. So I went and captured him, gave him the best weapons and armor available to me right now, added him to my party, and leveled him up and metomorphed him to stage 2. His attack level is at 259 where my Mite is only at 150ish, so I made him my first choice familiar to use in battle. I was disappointed to see that his physical attacks was only doing about 20-30 points of damage to enemies, so I switched back to my Mite who attacks for about 70-80 points of damage. Why does my Mite have such stronger attacks when his stats suggest he should be significantly weaker than Dinoceros? As a matter of fact the only stats my Mite have higher than Dinoceros is his Magic attack and Magic defense and Accuracy. I was only doing physical attacks so the Magic attack stats being stronger shouldn't matter, and I am assuming that having higher accuracy just means I see the word "Miss" less often. Does anyone know what's going on?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
maur1c1o

Maybe you metaphored him too early my dinoceros now involved to the 3rd form and lvl 25 is a beast i take boss's out without any problems and take about 1 to 5 hp damage from bosses on normal attacks my mite does about 20 - 35 hp on 3rd for lvl 70+ whilst my dinoceros does anywhere between 70- 260 hp on the enemies depending on their type and defense also this is just attack not any moves with mp
Old 05-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
maur1c1o

also their attacks get stronger when in the third evolution
Old 05-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
jedi1josh

Actually I think I partially figured it out. I was having them fight near Yule where all the baddies are cold based, my Mite had a fire sword upping the damage. When I took them to another location my Mite and Dinoceros where on a even par (each dealing around 50-70 per hit) as far as offense goes, but Dinoceros was a lot tougher in defense, however my Mite attacks much quicker so the DPS is still in his favor.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
dansome87

Yeah keep in mind certain types do more damage to other types. If an attack is less effective it will show in blue numbers, whereas "super effective" are labeled in orange. Neutral regular damage is white.
dansome87 is offline   Reply With Quote