Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
thedarkness91

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Final boss help

I need some major help with the final boss!

I'm on the final stage of the boss and can't quite get past her. I don't think I have enough for my characters as I have limited MP items.
I have 4 cappucinos, 6 strong coffees and a Wizard King's secret but no other MP items. I used up a lot getting just up the bloody tower to reach Cassiopeia.

Also, attacks such as Arrow of Light do hardly anything at all.

I don't think I can leave the Ivory Tower either as it has prevented me from travelling back and stocking up on a ridiculous amount of MP items.
My character levels are: Oliver: 48, Marcassin 53 and Swaine 48.

Can anyone recommend any tips that they used or ideas that might help me. I'm playing on the easier setting too.

Last edited by thedarkness91; 02-19-2013 at 01:05 AM.
thedarkness91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #2
sunnygrg

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

I think your problem is the fact that you're a bit underlevelled. Try the C shaped stretch outside of the Save Point, and look for some Tocotokold. At your level, you will go up almost 5 level when you defeat one. If you get too bored, you can cast Vacate to get out of the Tower and farm other creatures. And, yes, I think you have too few regenerative items at your disposal.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
thedarkness91

Thanks for the tips! I will try them out some time today and see how it goes. Where about's is the spell Vacate? Is it in the menu somewhere?

I did enter the tower with at least 13 capuccinos and thought I would just go straight to the boss...not have to fight waves and waves of enemies just to reach her.
Oh wells...I think it's pretty lame not being able to cast Travel and go back to cities etc...
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #4
DKsDragon

Awards Showcase Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

If you are on the third form of white witch, you can easily win by standing in the middle at the back. None of her attacks can hit you if you stand there, other than the circles, and you can dodge those fairly easily, and even if you don't they don't do much damage. Simply stand at the back and blast her with magic over and over, using mp regen items as necessary. Don't bother reviving team mates.

Proud trophy guide writer of:
Jak and Daxter | Jak 3 | Shoot Many Robots | Warp | I am Alive | World Gone Sour
Of Orcs and Men | Nikoli's Sudoku V | God Mode | OMG HD Zombies!
Links removed because BB coding is silly long. And signatures don't like that.
DKsDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:32 AM   #5
thedarkness91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygrg View Post
I think your problem is the fact that you're a bit underlevelled. Try the C shaped stretch outside of the Save Point, and look for some Tocotokold. At your level, you will go up almost 5 level when you defeat one. If you get too bored, you can cast Vacate to get out of the Tower and farm other creatures. And, yes, I think you have too few regenerative items at your disposal.
How do you defeat one of those? I met one but it vanished somehow in the battle (fled like an Abra in Pokemon?)?

Also, I don't have Vacate anywhere....at least I can't find it within my spells.
I might be stuck in the Tower for good.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #6
DKsDragon

Awards Showcase Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkness91 View Post
How do you defeat one of those? I met one but it vanished somehow in the battle (fled like an Abra in Pokemon?)?

Also, I don't have Vacate anywhere....at least I can't find it within my spells.
I might be stuck in the Tower for good.
Just kill it fast, there isn't any trick.

Vacate and Veil (makes you invisible to monsters) are both found from doing side missions in which you talk to Horace, a spirit boy. You can read up on it in the guide, under the trophy for getting all of Oliver's spells.

Proud trophy guide writer of:
Jak and Daxter | Jak 3 | Shoot Many Robots | Warp | I am Alive | World Gone Sour
Of Orcs and Men | Nikoli's Sudoku V | God Mode | OMG HD Zombies!
Links removed because BB coding is silly long. And signatures don't like that.
DKsDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #7
thedarkness91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKsDragon View Post
Just kill it fast, there isn't any trick.

Vacate and Veil (makes you invisible to monsters) are both found from doing side missions in which you talk to Horace, a spirit boy. You can read up on it in the guide, under the trophy for getting all of Oliver's spells.
Ahh I'll try that if I get the chance!

Unfortunately, I just looked it up and I haven't completed that mission by Horace and therefore don't have the spell so I guess I can't leave the tower! Looks like I might have to start all over.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
orthmann

Awards Showcase Guide Supplement Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission   Community Gaming Event Silver   1,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Not entirely sure about this but I think you can talk with Kuro (the Dragon, don't know the name in english) and you can fly outside with him.

Anyway, the best place to grind is the final dungeon, specially the Totokos like others here already said. You don't really need veil to fight them, just surprise him normally from behind (aka don't let him see you).
Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
trixta

leave the dungeon and stock up on mp coffee. I killed her at around the same level as you. just spam the shit outta mornstar and on the 3rd form use the aoe shadar gave you.

psn: jason_trixta
wii u :trixtaa
twitter :jason_trixta
trixta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
thedarkness91

I'll try leaving the Ivory Tower by talking to the dragon at the very beginning of the section. I don't think I'm that underlevelled just missing MP items. If I had 10 more of each MP item then I'd be fine because I took the final stage of the queen's health down to half. I also focused on the floating eyeball creatures when I probably shouldn't have! (thought they would damage the queen if I took them out one by one).

I might level up maybe 1-2 more levels and stock up if I can actually gtfo of this tower. God help me if the dragon won't let you leave....then it's 36hrs down the drain.