XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
abe.the.cop

Default Spells I can't use?

There are a number of spells that I have acquired but seem unable to use such as quake, Vanish, and werecat. I'm thinking these spells will be unlocked when I upgrade a certain wand or obtain a better one. Can anyone confirm this? Or are there just a bunch of spells that have no use?
abe.the.cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
Absolution05

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

There's just a bunch you can't use as far as I could tell. They did say early in the game that no wizard can use all spells, but then why even have them unlock in my opinion.

What I did find out too late that bothered me was I was expecting an upgraded Spring Lock spell for the purple chests so I marked their locations and kept progressing. When I unlocked the all spells trophy with no sign of a spell upgrade I went back and used spring lock with my upgraded wand and it worked. There's some good gear in those chests I could have used.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
greenzsaber

Send a message via Skype™ to greenzsaber

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

It was just to fill the Wizard's companion apparently. Also, it did say "Your wand isn't powerful enough" when I tried to open those chests so as soon as I unlocked the wand I went around opening all the purple chests I could remember.

I'm trying out blogging
greenzsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
Absolution05

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

Really? I probably just didn't remember that. I only tried opening that first one in Ding Dong Dell and whatever I read made me think I would get a better spell.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
abe.the.cop

Ok, thanks guys. That's super lame tho because some of those spells seemed really useful like the doppelgänger one (figured there would be a puzzle involving this one) and I was really looking forward to messing dudes up with quake. Oh well.
abe.the.cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
MsBehavin

Drippy's Mum tells you after giving you a bunch of spells that most of them can only be used by fairies, but that a couple should be useful.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
Laburnski

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5

Still on topic, imo some of those spell are quite interesting like Werefish. Was hoping to explore Ni no kuni's world beneath the water's surface before realizing i cant use it : /

Laburnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
frankthetoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laburnski View Post
Still on topic, imo some of those spell are quite interesting like Werefish. Was hoping to explore Ni no kuni's world beneath the water's surface before realizing i cant use it : /
Love the avatar and sig.

frankthetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
Oxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe.the.cop View Post
Ok, thanks guys. That's super lame tho because some of those spells seemed really useful like the doppelgänger one (figured there would be a puzzle involving this one) and I was really looking forward to messing dudes up with quake. Oh well.

Wasn't going to happen. The devs got bored writing content for the game a little less than half way through it, and decided not to include puzzles for the spells.