Ni No Kuni in the US is no more

I never said it wasn't coming to the west :whistle: Just that it still has the "Ni No Kuni" in the title :p I actually AM excited for it too!

Oh I quoted you as in to say "Yeah, Ni No Kuni still exists in the title of the western release TC, nice try!" type of deal. So my bad for the misunderstanding.

And glad to see we have a few Ghibli gans here :D.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I wish I grew up with those films instead of Disney ones.

Same here.

my son has no idea who simba, dumbo, or bambi is, but he knows and loves howl, lupin, and chihiro. the only way to correct the sins of the past is to enlighten future generations.

Excellent point.

I just wish they'd release My Neighbour Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and Grave of The Fireflies on Blu-ray as they're my 3 favourite Ghibli films.

I just wish they'd release My Neighbour Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and Grave of The Fireflies on Blu-ray as they're my 3 favourite Ghibli films.

i know right, add Porco Rosso to that list... Michael Keaton is awesome in that one. i would pay $500 for a miyazaki blu ray collection, and the disney dubs are some of the best in the industry

and i cant watch grave of the fireflies again. its too much. truly speaks to the power of the medium

i know right, add Porco Rosso to that list... Michael Keaton is awesome in that one. i would pay $500 for a miyazaki blu ray collection, and the disney dubs are some of the best in the industry

and i can't watch grave of the fireflies again. its too much. truly speaks to the power of the medium

Porco Rosso is another personal favourite and I agree with you about Grave Of The Fireflies, I was in tears almost from the first frame, was a complete wreck by the end and for nearly a week afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...
By the way this will be distributed by Namco Bandai in the US. I was going to expect Disney Interactive Studios to do this (since they have rights to anything made by Studio Ghibli), but that could work. :)

Saying Disney has all of the Ghibli titles is false. Like for instance, Disney does not have Grave of the Fireflies. Central Park Media had that movie in America until they shut down, and ADV Films then had it which is now part of AEsir Holdings and Section 23 Films.

I can understand that Disney wouldn't have the Lupin the 3rd: Castle of Cagliostro movie since that was a Miyazaki film before Studio Ghibli was formed.

But yes Disney has got every Ghibli release besides Grave of the Fireflies.

lets not forget that this game already game out on DS almost a year prior to the ps3 release, and considering the install base of DS in japan, i would imagine that many already have this game and didnt feel the need to purchase it again. it sold 500,000 copies in its first 3 months on DS, which is quite a high number considering its japan.

a little perspective for the sales numbers...

lets not forget that this game already game out on DS almost a year prior to the ps3 release, and considering the install base of DS in japan, i would imagine that many already have this game and didnt feel the need to purchase it again. it sold 500,000 copies in its first 3 months on DS, which is quite a high number considering its japan.

a little perspective for the sales numbers...

The DS version isn't 100% the same game as the one for PS3. PS3 version is similar, but does have enough changes to it to make it different than the DS version.