Platinum Difficulty Rating

funkyweed

Please rate the trophy difficulty...  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.19

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I gave it a 3. Almost every trophy was easy to get. This game does have a few glitches with trophies not popping up right when they should, also it is a very long and time consuming game. 500 games played at 1 minute periods is alot. Games take atleast 5 minutes each so about 2500 minutes for that trophy alone. Online is also terrible for boosting and trying to get in the same game with a friend. Took about 55 hours to plat this game so if you dont want to spend that much time check out some other games first.

• 1 month later...

brutal grinding based trophies. it's honestly torture playing the '1 minute period games.' depending on how much you score, that 1 minute period can add up to 2 minutes, thanks to the annoying as all balls faceoff delay animation, and general slow game reaction to skipping the replays.

overall i gave this bastard a 4. easy trophies, but it'll drain you of all life

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I gave it a 3. Now, after I've done the online trophies, it's just a matter of time to get platinum. I have only 30 games or so played, but I don't find playing this boring 'cause I love hockey and I really like this game. I just began my Franchise. Normal difficulty, 2 min. periods. I just play it every now and then, and sooner or later I'll get the plat.

I'd give it a 2.5 if I could, so I rounded it to a 3 due to how boring this game is. I like hockey, but liked NHL09 better.

Being able to do the trophies with a 2nd controller made this a 2. The online isn't that bad, just tough to find your boosting partner. The only trophy that glitched on me was the Flames trophy - I swore I earned it 3 times, but it never popped. Looked in my trophy list and it looks like the 3rd time was the charm, it just didn't "bing". Also annoying that some trophies pop at the start of your next game, instead of at the end of the game you earned them.

Had all but the grinding trophies at the 80 game mark. Did 1min "goalie sims" for the last 420 games, usually while working from home, doing chores, or studying.

Ultimately I wish 2K would come up with more interesting trophies instead of the pointless 500 game grind; my suggestions: score a tying goal in the last minute with your goalie pulled, or play as goalie and get a shutout.

• 3 weeks later...

5/10

The online trophies are annoying. Even if you boost. You always need to try a few times until you get set up with your boosting partner. You can't invite your bosstingpartner for doing the ranked matches. That adds up 2 points.

Then there's a really annoying 50 hour long BRONZE trophy (for playing 500) games. For me that's another 3 points, because the game isn't that good and grinding 500 games really sucked.

• 8 months later...

Vey easy, but very boring. Most of the time I spent on the game I was just letting it run and watching TV on my laptop. I was bored of the actual game very early on. The online trophies were such a pain. My first team play game crashed and I ended up with a C rating and my partner an F the second game I got my A and he went up to D, but third one crashed and he lost rank again, took a few games to get him to A. Didn't find this fun but very easy and at least I could work towards a platinum while doing something else. 3/10. Also I heard people saying the ride the zamboni trophy was really hard, but I got it on my 3rd attempt and was only 0.5% off on my first. And I wasn't good at this i was literally all over the place. Couldn't believe when afterwards I read people had spent hours on this.

• 9 months later...

voted 2.

reason being because the online and all its lagtastic lovelyness.

for 3 days in a row zombie and i tryed to play 1 damn full game from noon to about 230pm my time. we'd get about 2 minutes into the second period and the game would kick us out. we tryed it around midnight 1 time and we finished 2 full games with next to no problems from the servers.

none of the trophies are that hard to earn.

all you have to do is set the game options up in your favor what you want to earn. i mean hell i set up a 20 full minute period game with pen all the way up and ended up with over 400 pen minutes & 400 hits by the time it was over.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...