"Be A Pro" Freezing Continues........

Iceyice

Come on, EA. I know i'm not the only person that is having this problem. The latest incident happened during the OPENING FACE OFF! What a damn joke. Recently, i got the '4 goals in one period' trophy. I wound up with 6 on the night - i play with the line changes, so i'm not on the ice for the whole game - if that game would have froze........I didn't want to risk the game freezing, so as soon as the game ended, instead of marveling at my stats, i exited the game to make sure i saved it. Same thing for an earlier game that i got 9 assists.

Wake up and fix the problem, EA. This is embarassing.

I agree! I've had plenty of games freeze on me (froze while switching from the grade screen to the next screen to begin the next period, froze in game), in fact I just shut down my system because the game I was playing froze on me. It's really annoying.

I also get a little jump in the game quite often while playing Be A Pro. I've never had this happen in any NHL games since NHL09 and it's really weird since it's offline and not online. Hell! It's rare that I lag or have the game skip on me while playing online, it does it WAY more often for me while playing offline.

Hummm :confused:

Yea, I agree... It's pretty terrible this year. I didn't see this kind of freezing happen much - if at all - last year. :rolleyes: The suckiest part is that it usually happen to me at the worst times. For example, I had gotten all 4 different kind of goals for 'Magnificient Mario', was keeping the score 10-9 and there was two minutes left in the game, I was gonna get the empty net goal and the freaking game froze, YAY ME! And it also happened during my EASHL playoff game, thus meaning I got screwed out of the trophy for participating too.

Seriously, fix your shit EA.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that the freezing issues in this year's game is a complete joke.

I've been trying to play against the same team every time it froze.

Example. I'm playing my BAP with The Plymouth Whalers and I'm against The Sarnia Sting. Everytime I finish the 1st period, the game locks up. I can't check the stats. I have to quit to my XMB and reload it again. Sometimes my game would freeze while its loading. Getting pissed off with this crap!

I dont remember NHL 11 freezing as much as NHL 12 is. Pathetic!!

I've got my ps3 set to a wired connection, so I unplugged the cable. I managed to play 3 BAP games in a row without it crashing (which must be a personal record).

Maybe try this and see if it has any improvement for you :)

I managed 5 games in a row, but the 6th one froze after the first period! This is without signing in to EA! So it's not the servers, it's something else.

I think I have played more than 4 or 5 BAP games back to back without the game freezing on me. But the majority of the time I usually get a frozen screen at the opening faceoff of the 1st BAP game I play as soon as I turn my PS3 on. However, that has only happened 2 or 3 times so I haven't been too concerned with my game freezing, but it still is a very big issue that EA needs to address.

A bit of a solution for the freezing at the BAP load screen is this: Only 'load' your HUT team, exit out, then load your BAP file. The same can be done with 'Play now.' With the play now, just take the opening faceoff, then quit the game.

A clear indicator for if your game or file WONT freeze is if you see that little 'special effect' which is a white outline around the player on the screen. If you see what looks like an electric shock around the player, your BAP will load.

I know this is crazy, and we shouldn't have to look for ways out, but this is all i can think of.

I guess we 'playmakers' find ways to make plays, so this is another example. Hope it helps!

Some times when I boot up the game, the menu screen is laggy, and if I load up my BAP the load bar goes to 100% and then the game freezes. It's happened a few times now, and it scares the crap out of me, because I don't want my save file getting corrupted because I have to shutoff my PS3 on the load screen.

Yeah, have kinda the same problem. Each time I try to load up a save-file, the bar stops at 100% but it won't load upp the file. And also, everytime I start a "Play Now" game it freezes at the end of first or the beggining of second period. That is very frustrating, since it means I nearly cant play anything. :(

A bit of a solution for the freezing at the BAP load screen is this: Only 'load' your HUT team, exit out, then load your BAP file. The same can be done with 'Play now.' With the play now, just take the opening faceoff, then quit the game.

A clear indicator for if your game or file WONT freeze is if you see that little 'special effect' which is a white outline around the player on the screen. If you see what looks like an electric shock around the player, your BAP will load.

I know this is crazy, and we shouldn't have to look for ways out, but this is all i can think of.

I guess we 'playmakers' find ways to make plays, so this is another example. Hope it helps!

I tried your method, to start a "Play now" game. Now the BAP file loaded, and has done so everytime since. It worked perfectly fine, so a big Thanks for solving the problem, atleast for me! :D

Edited by iCrusader

Wow nice find.

I found the same fix for a similar problem.

I was playing drop in games online and the last couple of days the first time I searched for a game the screen froze. So I tried loading HUT first to see if that froze and it was ok. Then going to drop in games worked after with no freezing.

It must load something that both HUT and BAP uses. Starting HUT loads it correctly, but not with BAP. So by loading HUT you 'force through' whatever causes it to freeze, then you can play BAP and it hopefully won't crash :)

When completing Be a Pro offline, I recommend simming the games, playing the final period (to speed up the process) and to avoid freezing simply sign out of your PSN. I have not froze once since trying this. If I leave the PSN signed in, I will freeze the second I do a line change under the "classic" line change setting. It just doesn't want this beast on the ice.