XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > N (PS3) > NHL 12

Old 09-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Magnificent Mario

Hi,

I am trying to get this one.

Magnificent Mario

Score goals 5 different ways in a NHL Be A Pro game with a created Pro on Pro difficulty or higher

However the penalty NEVER takes any penalties.

I have played 4 straight games with 20 min periods and the cpu has yet to take a penalty. I mean I can get a penalty shot a few times, but I am never ever on the pk or pp.

Does anyone have any tips to get the cpu to take penalties? I have CPU penalty sliders on high along with penalties on high too.

Thanks
Jepockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Word of Mouth - Silver   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   5,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Might have better luck once you are on the top line.

I came close last game. Had all expect the empty netter. I have a hard time putting the puck in my own net so I am only up in final seconds of the 3rd period so I can get the other team to pull their goalie.

I think best way would as you, have penalty sliders all the way up. At some point in the game hopefully get both two penalty ones. To get a penalty shot is easy, Just hang out around center ice and ask for the puck. If the CPU passes it correctly, then you are on a breakaway and the CPU 75% of the time trips you. If you get even strength goal, now all you need is the empty netter. Best way is to put the puck in your goal to be up 1 late.

It is a luck based trophy for sure.

PSNProfiles | Exophase

Click here to check out My Trophy Guides

Admit it. You like to collect trophies, so why not go ahead and sign up. Click Me! To Register
TheDoc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrofThuganomics1 View Post
Might have better luck once you are on the top line.

I came close last game. Had all expect the empty netter. I have a hard time putting the puck in my own net so I am only up in final seconds of the 3rd period so I can get the other team to pull their goalie.

I think best way would as you, have penalty sliders all the way up. At some point in the game hopefully get both two penalty ones. To get a penalty shot is easy, Just hang out around center ice and ask for the puck. If the CPU passes it correctly, then you are on a breakaway and the CPU 75% of the time trips you. If you get even strength goal, now all you need is the empty netter. Best way is to put the puck in your goal to be up 1 late.

It is a luck based trophy for sure.

"It is a luck based trophy for sure"

anybody else think this trophy list sucks sidney crosby's left vagina lip?

KimmyGibbler69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I have a theory about the NHL series trophy lists. I'm talking every year, so 3 years in a row. They are either forcing us to play all of their modes - why the fuck would I want to be a GM? My site name is 'Icey ice,' not 'Paperworkypaper,' or ' Neggy the negotiator!' - or they wanna punish loyal purchasers of their game by coming up with the lamest trophies, maybe ever. I look at % of trophies of the games I own, and NHL '10 & '11 arent even 40%. In '10, I played 3 Be-a-pro seasons! EA is lucky that there's no competition. I so not wanted to buy '12, but relented, because what is my alternative? sucky Madden? Baseball in the Winter? Deus Ex, or Uncharted 3, yeah, but I need my ice fix. That said, fuck you, EA.....except for baseball! MVP Baseball was the bomb....
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bright Idea!   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I had an interesting situation the other day when I was playing a game.

I actually was dragged down on a shorthanded breakaway and scored on the penalty shot for it. I was wondering if I would get credit for both a PS and a SH goal just from that one goal. I then had an ES and PP goal as well but couldnt for the life of me get them to pull the goalie for me to finish it off. I was pretty pissed about it but I was curious if the 1 goal would be counted as two in EAs "book".
Lamplitersniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

I would guess that would just count as a penalty shot, and not a shortie
I hate luck based trophies.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepockn View Post
Hi,

I am trying to get this one.

Magnificent Mario

Score goals 5 different ways in a NHL Be A Pro game with a created Pro on Pro difficulty or higher

However the penalty NEVER takes any penalties.

I have played 4 straight games with 20 min periods and the cpu has yet to take a penalty. I mean I can get a penalty shot a few times, but I am never ever on the pk or pp.

Does anyone have any tips to get the cpu to take penalties? I have CPU penalty sliders on high along with penalties on high too.

Thanks
I have the exact same problem. I don't get to play one single second on Special Teams (PP or PK)... Maybe because I'm a second liner with 69 overall for the Pittsburh Penguins.

How do you set the game for 20 minute periods and change the penalty sliders? Does it have to be when you set your "Be a Pro" season up, or can you change it on NHL 12 general options?
nunopascoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

By the way... I'm guessing this will be one of the hardest trophies to get for NHL 12!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunopascoal View Post
How do you set the game for 20 minute periods and change the penalty sliders? Does it have to be when you set your "Be a Pro" season up, or can you change it on NHL 12 general options?
It's set to 20 minutes period by default - I don't think you're able to change it.

The sliders can be changed when setting up the Be A Pro or from the Be APro menu. I don't think you can change it whilst in game, butI'll check next time I play it.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

When you said 20 minute periods I thought you meant "real life" 20 minutes.. That way it would be easier to try the "4 goals in a period" or "7 assists" or "8 points in a game" because you have more time to do it.

By default the game is set to "5 minute periods" I believe...