I Need Some Convincing

Johnny Bananas

It's been awhile since I've been a hockey fan. Probably lost the interest when I moved away from Colorado (die-hard Avalance fan).

I'm in the process of deciding which sports game to buy. I enjoy sports games alot being an athlete and all.

However, I haven't bought an NHL game since the PS1 days. I need some people to convince to buy this over FIFA 10 and MLB 09 The Show. Right now FIFA is in first because that I've already played in the past (08) and enjoyed it but had to sell it and decided not to get it. MLB 09 The Show I bought in March but sold it because I wasn't into the baseball season. However the baseball season is over and the new one starts in a couple of months.......

What can NHL offer? I'm looking for something that will keep me occupied for awhile. I don't want the matches to be long. I'm not going for trophies, just want a decent sports title. NHL 2K10 had suck-ass reviews so I'm passing on that.

Thanks in advance and I'll let y'all know as soon as I make a purchase.

I'm open to other sports titles as well :).

Edited by Johnny Bananas

NHL 10 is definitley a solid game. It's built upon NHL 09 which got countless sportsgame of the year awards. Each game will probably take around 20 minutes if you play with 5 minute periods (standard). The game has three different gameplaymodes. A more arcade one where passes are spot on, the default one where you have to aim a little better with your passes and hardcore mode which is, hardcore. I recommend the default one if you buy this game.

There should be a demo of it on the store, so you should download that and try it out.

Thanks for the input Pesico! I'm downloading both NHL 10 and FIFA 10 as we speak. I downloaded them earlier this year but deleted them to make room in my hard drive so the demos will probably be the deciding factor unless someone else really convinces me.

Trust me, you've convinced me alot already (doesn't take much, I know :p). If I get NHL, I challenge ya to a match when I hone my skills (that is if you have the game).