Harry94_

What would you rate this game?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate this game?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8671/gamereviewthreadheader.png

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8799/averagereviewscore75.png

Average Game Rating = 7.5

How To Review

1. Please dont post a review without having played the game first!

2. Please don't post a review unless you have played alot of hours or have completed the game.

3. Please DON'T write any spoilers. If in doubt contact me.

4. Only write about the multiplayer aspect in the 'Multiplayer Experience' heading.

5. Please put a description in each section & then rate it out of 10.

6. Do not review on the trophy aspect of the game.

7. Anybody can review, you dont have to write a huge review. Just your thoughts on the game.

8. Review what YOU think & don’t be influenced by others.

Template

Story:

Gameplay:

Controls:

Graphics:

Sound (Gameplay):

Sound (Music):

Wow Factor:

Replay Value:

Multiplayer Experience:

Rent or Buy this Game?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: Use the Poll!

Please Use the above as a template for your review. But if you want you can add your own titles. Remember to use the poll!

NOTE: This is not a discussion thread, please only post your reviews. Any other posts will be deleted.

Please don't create these type of threads yourself, If you need further assistance contact:

:psn: Harry94

:psn: OLIVERMC97

Edited by Harry94_

• 2 weeks later...

Story: There's no story in NFL Blitz since this is a sports game. Rating = N/A

Gameplay: The gameplay is enjoyable because its very fast paced. However, there are 2 gameplay flaws worth noting:

#1: The game likes to put the road team in their home jerseys unless both teams have the same color (Example: 49ers vs Falcons, Patriots vs Bills). That is a big design flaw with the game and I'm very disappointed that the developers didn't bother to add a simple fix to the problem.

#2: The turnovers in this game happen randomly at the worst possible time and it seems like the game favors the team that is losing in the football game which can be annoying when you are holding onto the lead. Rating = 6/10.

Controls: The game allows you to select two types of passing controls: Directional and Icon passing.

Directional Passing controls are horrible because you can only throw a pass to the highlighted receiver which could potentially lead to turnovers. I'm surprised that this is the default setting.

Icon passing is much better because it gives you the ability to throw to any receiver you want and its the format that has been used in other football games such as Madden. Rating = 6/10

Graphics: The graphics are ok but its nothing special. Rating = 6/10

Sound (Gameplay): The gameplay sound is very realistic especially when the player is getting tackled or if the player gets stiff armed to the ground. Rating = 9/10

Sound (Music): The music in this game fits very well in the game and it fits the tension very well when playing in the football game. Rating = 8/10

Wow Factor: NFL Blitz does have its share of shock value when it comes to fumbles happening randomly, recovering the onside kick and many others. Rating = 7/10.

Replay Value: This game has a lot of replay value because there's so many items to unlock in the game. Unlockables can range from ultimate players, art gallery photos and even cheat codes.

Plus, you can play this game online against other players or you can make a Blitz Team with a partner to play against other Blitz Teams. You can even create your own football team in Elite League as well which has similarities to MUT from Madden. Rating = 10/10.

Multiplayer Experience: The multiplayer experience is ok but the game has a lot of rage quitters. While the person still gets the win when the opponent rage quits, its very disappointing to have to put up with rage quitters that waste their time pausing the game and ultimately leaving in the end.

On the bright side, this game is very accessible to beginners because the game automatches you with a person but you can see their record & decide whether you want to play against that opponent. Rating = 7/10

Rent or Buy this Game?: Since NFL Blitz is on the PS Store, its impossible to rent this game unless a disc version is ever released. I would recommend anyone that enjoys playing football games to buy NFL Blitz at a reasonable price ($8-$10 USD).

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: While NFL Blitz 2012 does have flaws with the gameplay & control mechanics, the fun factor & huge replay value makes up for its deficiencies. if you like playing NFL football games, NFL Blitz may be worth a try. Final Rating = 7/10

• 8 months later...

Disclaimer: I must warn that I am not a sports fan. But, I used to love the old NBA Jam games and arcade-type football games (Mutant League Football), so I thought I decided to give this a try (being free on PS+ didn't hurt). With that in mind, here's my review:

Story: No story, so no score here

Gameplay: The players seem very slow, even when using turbo, and there seems to be no way to switch players once the play has started. I pressed Circle several times during plays, but nothing happened. This means you have to reply on your team, who can rarely catch up to anyone.

The "cheap shots" take away from the fun when the computer can do them all of the time, but there is nothing to tell us how to do them ourselves. Also, the game seems to favor themselves if they are losing. I had a pretty good lead over the opponents, until an interception (made by an opposing player who seemed to fly to the destination), a fumble, and another interception put them in the lead. Then, not one interception or fumble in my favor. And, this was on easy! I know the phrase "the computer cheated" is an old school cop-out, but in this game, I actually believe it is possible. 3/10

Controls: The controls are rather simple, but the game doesn't really explain what they do very well. You have to read text pages, which do very little to explain, and there are pop up messages that are too easily dismissed in the heat of battle. I still have no idea how to tackle someone! 3/10

Graphics: This game isn't very "pretty". In fact, it makes me think of the old Madden games from PS2. Every player looks exactly the same. 3/10

Sound (Gameplay): The announcers have a few funny lines, but most are just "meh". They are pretty quick on the calls, though, which is nice. 6/10

Sound (Music): The music seems repetitive, though it does fit with the arcade nature of the game. I couldn't tell if music playing during one part was different than another part, though. They need some variety. 4/10

Wow Factor: For me, most of the "wow" moments came in the form of, "Wow, that totally sucked. My team just stood there while the guy ran right past them!" There isn't really much that pops, except for the fact that cheating is allowed

Replay Value: I was expecting more from this game, especially when it normally costs $14.99, but none of my friends have this, so I am stuck with randoms or single player. But with no Season mode or anything, your only single player choices are quick matches or the gauntlet, which only servers to unlock characters for the quick play. So, unless you have friends who are willing to play this, or don't mind playing with randoms, you are going to be very lonely. If you are like me, you probably won't be playing this that much. 2/10

Multiplayer Experience: After trying for over an hour, I only got one online match, but it had so much lag that it was unplayable. 0/10

Rent or Buy this Game? Since you can't rent the game, being on PSN, I would say get it if you have PS+, since it's free. If you don't have PS+, save yourself the money. Even having gotten this game for free, I regret just downloading it.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: I gave this game a total of 4 / 10. If there was a Season mode, a more fleshed out explanation of the controls and gameplay, and better AI teammates, and if the online worked properly, I probably would enjoy this game more. But, as it stands now, even as a free game, it is a waste of space on my hard drive.