The Scouting System

SoPoF

It's getting annoying, could somebody, please, explain in detail how this whole Groups thing works? Everytime I try it, all I'm able to do is send everyone away.

So I had to gather the people I want to take on a journey "manually" and individually every single time until now and I'm sick of it. There must be a quicker and less tedious way.

It's been a long time since i've played so I can't tell you specifically how but I know 100% that you can set it up so you're groups are premade and everyone can be selected instantly without having to select everyone manually and individually.

There is a way so keep looking >.<, sorry I cant be more help.

taken from the guide on gamefaqs, very useful information

Royal Guard Custom Groups

To save your own custom Royal Guard setups, you need the upgraded platform built that has access to "Groups".

Gather up the group you want to save into your current guard that's following you

Use the platform.

Choose the Groups options.

Select one of the generic slots like Group1.

Tap Change Name and then rename so you'll know which one you did. Or leave the same if you desire.

Tap Register Royal Guard. This will save the citizens you had gathered just before you used the platform into this new custom Group.

If you ever change your guard (by adding or removing people), you can re-save this new group setup by just Registering again to that same group name. Note that when you leave the platform at this point, your guard is disbanded. You need to recall the new group as follows...

Recalling a saved custom group

To recall a particular custom group made above as your current royal guard following you now or in the future, go back to the platform.

Tap Groups

Select your custom group name (whatever you named Group1, Group2, etc. if you changed it )

Tap Rebadge (if prompted, then click Yes at the prompt)

Return to the first menu (press O)

Tap Royal Guard

Tap Move Out!

Now your current guard will be whatever you saved into that custom group. Anyone disabled or in the hospital will not be summoned though they will still remain in the group as long as you don't "Register again. Citizens you just married off will come back if they had left your group though.

Rebadging

Rebadging basically means setting a "Badge" which looks like a Ribbon Medal onto a citizen. Badged Citizens are the ones who are summoned when you assembled your Royal Guard and Move Out! You can dynamically badge your citizens at will by accessing the Citizens List.

At the throne or platform, tap Citizen List.

Press L

Scroll up and down to select a citizen, and press X to toggle the Badge on them.

The next time you tap Royal Guard to summon your guard, only Badged citizens will come and those you have un-badged will go their own separate way.