Am I dumb, or is this a bug?

I'm doing the quest on the first or second day, where you make some citizens into farmers, and I think I stayed out too long. It has passed through night time, my toolbag is full, and even after disbanding my workers, I can't seem to go into my throne room. When trying to enter the building, the king just slashes his sword at it.

Furthermore, it appears that two NPCs are sleeping during the day, stacked on top of each other as if they spawned in the same place.

Anyone?

Hi and welcome !

If it still doesn't work even if you are perfectly standing in front of the main door (a ? icon appears in front of the door when you can enter the building but I'm sure you already figured that ;)) then effectively it may be a glitch.

I think it can be fixed easily. For that go a little bit further of the town, push select to display the map then either touchscreen the bottom right part of the screen or push start as indicated to teleport automatically to inside the castle. If the option is greyed out that means you are not far enough of your town. Don't hesitate to send the king to the bed after that and before continuing. This should fix the problems hopefully.

Good luck ! :)