NeverDead

dda1996a

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I haven't played an immortal style character in a really long time. Soul Reaver and Chakan: The Forever Man come to mind. Chakan could be dismembered, but he always reformed so you could continue. I wonder if this will be similar, perhaps you can be torn apart temporarily and then reconstructed?

At least in the older games (like Neo Geo stuff) making the player immortal usually resulted in the rest of the game being insanely difficult. Maybe it was just Neo Geo (I'm looking at YOU Magician Lord).

I had this pre-ordered months and months ago and I'm tempted to cancel it. I love the idea behind the game, the cheesy voice acting, having an A.I. partner, and the interesting cast characters, but seriously....graphics and gameplay look like they're all over the place. I don't expect this to be an amazing game or anything, which isn't the problem. I just don't think I'm willing to spend full retail price on something like this. If it's better than what Shadows of the Damned tried to do, I might give it a chance when it drops in price.

Edited by fancyfox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After watching two preview trailers for this game on Gametrailers.com, I have made this my first purchase for 2012 over FFXII-2. I like the gameplay and the art style. It reminds a little of Borderlands, but with the color toned down to give it a little bit of a gritty look.

I also like the fact that you can lose limbs and still go about the game, it gives the game a different type of challenge, while keeping it fun.