Neverdead rated 3/10 from ign

Martin HFCRL

First off all, I'm sick of IGN putting the review score in the title as it ruins the surprise.

Secondly, their comparing to other games and their rating system has been all over the place recently. I mean even Terminator Salvation and Naughty Bear got a higher score than this game and the reviewers expressed how bad those games were but he just sounds like he's faking it and trying to come up with nonsensical reasons as to why the game sucks.

Thirdly, IGN should come up with more imaginative words and not rush their impressions.

If any of you ever played games previously msde by Rebellion, you would know how shitty their games are. They're lucky to even get Konami to keep them afloat.

If you havent played any Rebellion made games, well if my word counts for anything, heed my advice and avoid this.

Irregardless of IGN or any other review, this game is destined to dissapoint

Edited by yewjhin

Yeah, I'm not sure about 3/10; sounds like they're just randomizing the review numbers when the review should be 5 or less points.

Still, I was pretty interested in the cover arts. Now watching these gameplay videos and reading your responses, I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything here. Looks more annoying than fun.

Pt1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdlQXiAs6vA&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL]NeverDead Gameplay Walkthrough - Part 1 Opening Prologue and Asylum (Gameplay / Commentary) - YouTube[/ame]

Pt22: (Annoying to watch, likely more annoying to play)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twzvkFYYFeQ&feature=BFa&list=SL&lf=sh_e_se]NeverDead Gameplay Walkthrough - Part 22 BOSS BATTLE ALEX Let's Play - YouTube[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

IGNorant normally rates good games as terrible, and the really bad games as great(shut up about CoD being soooo great IGN...), and they still rated even Neverdead unfairly. The concept is great, the idea is cool, but the gameplay and presentation well... Needed work, but since Rebellion was in on it, my expectations weren't high. I got it because Konami had a hand it in. During the first few hours of gameplay, I thought it was sorta funny to lose limbs(too many zombie jokes) but after getting my head taken off sooooo many times by the puppies and spoons quite a bit, it was annoying to get back to my body without a grandbaby sucking my head into it's guts...

Gamespot rated it at a 6.0, which is another reason why I got this, they aren't IGNorant... I would recommend someone to rent this game, or if your gonna buy it to not expect too much out of it.

Edited by Puniceus Extraho

• 1 year later...

I saw that review and I think they overreacted a bit. Yes, it's far from being great and has some major issues (like camera or Bryce's fragility), but it looks awesome (great lighting), has a lot of great ideas and even destructible environment. I'm more/less halfway through the game and would give it at least 7/10 (though I realise, that I've payed only a fracture of it's starting price, so I'm willing to let a lot things slide).