Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent ~ Trophy Guide & Road Map

Overview

Estimated trophy difficulty: 1.5/10

Total Trophies: 12 | 7 (B) 4 (S) 1 (G)

Offline Trophies: 12

Online Trophies: None

Approximate amount of time to 100%: 1-2 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Number of missable trophies: 4, ’Your tax dollars at work’, ’Kicked the habit’, 'The Professional', ’Perfect puzzle agent’

Glitched trophies: Yes. Info and fix below!

Do cheat codes disable trophies: No cheats available

Extra equipment needed: None

Roadmap

You can complete Nelson Nethers Puzzle Agent in 1 playthrough. However, there are a few missable trophies. If you miss these, you’ll have to start a new playthrough. I advise you to enjoy the game first. A full playthrough only takes about 1 to 2 hours. Now onto the roadmap.

In the course of the playthrough, concentrate on:

• Completing the first puzzle in Scoggins on the first try for the ’Your tax dollars at work’ trophy.
  • Completing all the puzzles without using any hints (gum) for the ’Kicked the habit’ trophy
  • Completing all the puzzles without submitting a wrong answer for the ’Perfect puzzle agent’ and the ’The professional’ trophy.

There are a few puzzles which you don't have to solve to progress in the story. However, you do need to complete these for the ’Thorough Investigation’ and the ’’Yeah, I’m into some stuff’’ trophies. These puzzles also count towards the ’Kicked the habit’, ’Perfect puzzle agent’ and ’The professional’ trophy.

While playing, you'll earn a few story-related trophies along the way. Once you finish the story, you'll also get the ’Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity and Madness’ trophy.

If you’re stuck on a puzzle, you can check out the answers here: Puzzle solutions

Glitch Warning!

If for some reason certain trophies don't unlock, quit the game and set your PS3 System Language to English. Afterwards, simply start up 'Free Play' and replay any puzzle you need. This should fix it. Thanks to Totavier for the fix!

Totavier said:
Hi, well i can confirm that the trophies are glicthed BUT there is a solution!, the problem is that the trophies never unlocked if you don´t play the game in english (i played the game in spanish), a few minutes ago i change the language of my PS3 to english, played my completed game (where Nelson is in the office) i replayed the Screw up in Space puzzle and bingo i got the trophy, also i played the 3 Steve´s puzzle and *plink* trophy.

So if anybody experience this problem about this trophies (or maybe another) just play the game in english and you will get it, hope this help!.

Edited by Gage
Image fix

01.jpg 

Your Tax Dollars at Work (B)

Submitted a successful puzzle answer on the first try while in the field.

*Missable*

The first puzzle you have to complete in the game is the ‘Cracked Crossword’ puzzle. However, this puzzle doesn’t count. You have to complete the first puzzle, on your first try, while in the field. In other words, while you’re in ‘Scoggins’. The first puzzle you come across in Scoggins is the ‘Directions & Detour’ puzzle after talking to the ‘creepy man’ (Bjorn). Beat this puzzle on your first try and this trophy will unlock. If you’re stuck on this puzzle, you can check out the answer here: Puzzle solutions

02.jpg 

'Yeah, I'm into some stuff.' (B)

Helped Steve with his shipping problems.

Everytime you go to the Moose Ear Diner, talk to the guy in the back (Steve) eating soup. He will give you 3 puzzles: 'Air-Mailing', 'Contraband Carriers' and 'Hot Hawks'. If you miss the last puzzle, don't worry, at the end of the game you can play free play where you can play all the puzzles again or the puzzles you've missed.

03.jpg 

'The Cold Will Creep Right Up On Ya.' (B)

Talked to Scruffman after seeing the unseeable outside of the diner.

Story related.

Spoiler

After talking to the Sheriff a second time in the ‘Moose Ear’ diner, you need to go outside. A cut-scene will start. A red gnome will appear behind your snowmobile and disappears shortly after. Afterwards you need to go to ‘Sasimy woods’. After completing the puzzle which you’ll find at the frozen guy (Mike Lob), you’ll have to go to ‘Lake Svenz’, where you’ll meet ‘Mr. Scruffman’. Talk to him.

04.jpg 

Hot Dish (B)

Check into Valda's Inn

Story related.

After talking to Bjorn a second time, you’ll have to inspect the fence. Once done, you have to go inside Valda's Inn and complete the 'Room Key Confusion' puzzle.

05.jpg 

Crossword Double Cross (B)

Thwarted Sheriff Bahg.

Story related.

Spoiler

After going back to the Lodge a third time, you’ll have to solve the ‘Locksmithing Learner’ puzzle. You’ll get caught by the sheriff and he points a gun at you. He’ll get distracted by the crossword puzzle in your pocket. Nethers throws the puzzle away and the sheriff will go after it, trying to solve it.

06.jpg 

Hvor er Olav Welhavven? (B)

Took a transdimensional space voyage.

Story related.

Spoiler

After solving the ‘Window Watcher’ puzzle at the lodge, you’ll get caught by the sheriff and he takes you back to your hotel. After he leaves, you see Glori sneaking around. After following and spying on her, you’ll get caught by the red gnomes. Nether runs away and runs into a tree. While unconscious, you’ll enter a dream in space and have to complete the 'Screw-up in Space' puzzle.

07.jpg 

'Checking Out.' (B)

Overcame your fear of Scoggin' hidden people and stay on the case.

Story related.

Spoiler

When you leave Lake Svenz, you’ll have to go back to Valda’s. At Valda’s, you’ll have to complete the ‘Stovepipe Stumper’ puzzle. While trying to solve the puzzle, a gnome will appear. After following the gnome outside, you’ll see him talking to Bo Murphy. Afterwards, Nelson wants to check out of the hotel. However, after talking to Martha he will change his mind and stay.

08.jpg 

Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity and Madness (S)

Completed the case and saw into the maw of madness.

Story related.

After some puzzles, you’ll get a piece of the lock from the factory. Once you have all of them, you can go to the factory to unlock the door. Once you complete the last puzzle, the ‘Hydraulic Headache’ in the factory, the last cut-scene will start. Once the credits start, the trophy unlocks.

09.jpg 

Thorough Investigation (S)

Complete every puzzle in Scoggins.

There are a total of 37 puzzles. 13 of these puzzles aren't required to progress the story. However, for this trophy you need to complete all the 37 puzzles. Every time you go somewhere, try to see if there's a puzzle available or someone to talk to. If you miss a puzzle, don't worry, at the end of the game you can play free play where you can play all the puzzles again or the puzzles you've missed.

10.jpg 

Kicked the Habit (S)

Completed the case without chewing a piece of gum.

*Missable*

“Nelson Tethers thinks best when he’s chewing gum. … ANY kind of gum. Find discarded gum and use it to get a hint during a sticky puzzle.” Gum can be found all over the place in Scoggins. They can be used to open up hints. However, this trophy requires you to use no gum (hints) at all.

If you’re stuck on a puzzle, you can check out the answers here: Puzzle solutions

11.jpg 

The Professional (S)

Closed the case with the rank of 'Puzzle Agent.

*Missable*

After every puzzle, the ‘Agent performance evaluation’ will tell you the name of the puzzle, hints used, wrong answers, total stars and a rank. If you complete a puzzle without the help of any hint and you don’t submit a wrong answer, you’ll get 10 out of 10 stars along with the rank ‘Top Agent’. For every wrong submission, you'll lose 3 stars and for every hint used you'll lose 2 stars. To close the case with the rank of ‘Puzzle Agent’, you’ll have to complete most of the puzzles without a wrong answer. If you're going for the 'Perfect Puzzle Agent' trophy, you'll also get this one. There’s no lime limit, so you can take all the time you want.

12.jpg 

Perfect Puzzle Agent (G)

Agent, you never submitted a wrong answer.

*Missable*

After you’re done with a puzzle, you’ll have to submit it. It will get send to the ‘Department of CASE PROCESSING AND VERIFICATION’ which notifies you on the ‘Submissions Processed’. This submission process should be a total of 1 for every puzzle (along with a Tax dollars spent amount of $75,642.98). Also, the ‘Agent performance evaluation’ will notify you on the total wrong answers for every puzzle.

There are a total of 37 missions in which you can't submit a wrong answer.

Edited by Gage
Image fix

Here are all the puzzles with the correct answers. Most of the answers are images that show you how to solve a puzzle. There are a few however that don't need an image. For a quick search, press CTRL+F and type in the puzzles name.

Cracked Crossword 

9289806123_5d6dfb03c8_o.png 

Directions & Detours

9289805993_8eb9015cf5_o.png 

Room Key Confusion

Room 9

Wrangling Watchmen

8 o'clock

Find the Fuse

9289805985_2a46ce143f_o.png 

Security Screw-up

9292582422_da45352ac0_o.png 

Menacing Map

9292582556_f4b59aeb51_o.png 

Stovepipe Stumper

NZMsXmK.png 

Warning!: There's a small error in this image. The tile outlined in red should be the other way around. (Thanks Fragpuss).

The Maw of Madness

9289805369_e9e172f89a_o.png 

Window Watcher

9289805297_c78f4e1b45_o.png 

Going After Glori 

9292582748_f581b0c82a_o.png 

Screw-up in Space

9292582466_d042dc2d63_o.png 

A Quorum of Crows

Grickleback Baffler

9289805817_c2a17476b0_o.png 

Perplexed Sock Picker

6 socks

Snowmobile Snafu

9289805483_eeec9d5a39_o.png 

Frantic Fish

9292582778_51a4aa4565_o.png 

Locksmithing Learner 

9292582630_efa9b5ac37_o.png 

Tracking Trouble

9289805329_0a1a348806_o.png 

Master Locksmith

9292582582_6b6d37c431_o.png 

Barrier Blot-Out

Fire Up the Furnace

9289805957_1d9de487dc_o.png 

Hydraulic Headache 

9289805769_f3bcacafd3_o.png 

Gnegative Gnomes

9292582768_89979a1461_o.png 

Tapeworm Twister

9289805433_c4201a6876_o.png 

Arm Wrestling Redux

9289806331_0860211927_o.png 

Rearranging Rations

9289805587_24dabc906e_o.png 

Bugs in Boxes

9292583138_1a206c17d0_o.png 

More Bugs in Boxes

9292582554_bc13971984_o.png 

Super Bugs in Boxes

9289805457_d5f9d47a62_o.png 

Air-Mailing

Contraband Carriers

9289806139_95c02889e6_o.png 

Hot Hawks

9289805793_e5453b386b_o.png 

New Employee Error

9292582498_e89cc5dfe2_o.png 

Cut Your Losses

9289806395_31b14fe97a_o.jpg 

Changing Chairs

9292583012_b8a97a37ef_o.png 

Diners and Dishes

9289805995_a7c3e1b512_o.png 

Edited by Gage
Image fix

The solution for Cut Your Losses is completely wrong... This is not the PC version of the game.

Is it... :think: Had to get the images somewhere.. Mmm. I'll look into it! I'm not sure, but I did notice some puzzles may switch it up a bit. Not to sure, but the Gnegative Gnome has the correct one standing on a different place sometimes.

Edited by Vuule

Is it... :think: Had to get the images somewhere.. Mmm. I'll look into it! I'm not sure, but I did notice some puzzles may switch it up a bit. Not to sure, but the Gnegative Gnome has the correct one standing on a different place sometimes.

Have you played the PSN version at least ? There are many errors in your guide.

'The Professional' description you gave is false. You don't need to complete all the puzzles without mistake to reach the rank of 'Puzzle Agent'.

The 'Hot Dish' trophy is unlocked only after solving the puzzle 'Room Key Confusion'.

The 'Hvor er Olav Welhavven?' trophy is unlocked only after solving the puzzle 'Screw-up in Space'.

Have you played the PSN version at least ? There are many errors in your guide.

'The Professional' description you gave is false. You don't need to complete all the puzzles without mistake to reach the rank of 'Puzzle Agent'.

The 'Hot Dish' trophy is unlocked only after solving the puzzle 'Room Key Confusion'.

The 'Hvor er Olav Welhavven?' trophy is unlocked only after solving the puzzle 'Screw-up in Space'.

Yeah, I wasn't to sure about the professional trophy. (It was the same with an other game.)

About the other 2 trophies. Once you reach that place, you need to complete those 2 puzzles to progress, so there isn't really any extra info I can give. I'll add it anyway.

Edited by Vuule

Yeah, I wasn't to sure about the professional trophy. (It was the same with an other game.)

About the other 2 trophies. Once you reach that place, you need to complete those 2 puzzles to progress, so there isn't really any extra info I can give.

Don't be afraid to be specific. :p

Edit: Here is the right solution for the 'Cut Your Losses' puzzle:

[spoiler=c-y-l_p]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5648/cutyourlosses.jpg

Edited by Zetberg

awesome, just 1-2 hours?

gotta get this as soon as the stores are back up:P

was I mistaking or is this an US only? didn't see it on the EU store last wensday...

thanks for the guide man!

I've bought it from the US Store. This wasn't on EU store last week. That's why I asked k1ll1ng5pr33 if he really played the psn version.

It took me about 4 hours to play through this game (got all of the trophies on my one playthrough, so I did all of the missable puzzles, too). I think I usually fall behind the norm on how long it takes people to complete a game, though. Loved the game, and I'm really hoping the sequel is put on PSN when it's released for the other platforms!

It took me about 4 hours to play through this game (got all of the trophies on my one playthrough, so I did all of the missable puzzles, too). I think I usually fall behind the norm on how long it takes people to complete a game, though. Loved the game, and I'm really hoping the sequel is put on PSN when it's released for the other platforms!

By just enjoying the game (I didn't know there was a PC version), it took me around 3 hours to finish it. With the puzzle solutions, you can easily beat this game in 1 hour.

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed that 'Thorough Investigation' isn't missable. After ther credits roll youre in 'free puzzle mode' and can take those you missed. I missed 'more bugs in boxes' & 'super bugs in boxes' but after playing them in free mode both 'Thorough Investigation' & 'Perfect Puzzle Agent' unlocked for me =)

Ps. I never even came across those puzzles in the story.

Edited by chattanova

• 3 months later...

I've had 2 trophies that glitched on me, but I found a solution thanks to Totavier that is confirmed to work:

Hi, well i can confirm that the trophies are glicthed BUT there is a solution!, the problem is that the trophies never unlocked if you don´t play the game in english (i played the game in spanish), a few minutes ago i change the language of my PS3 to english, played my completed game (where Nelson is in the office) i replayed the Screw up in Space puzzle and bingo i got the trophy, also i played the 3 Steve´s puzzle and *plink* trophy.

So if anybody experience this problem about this trophies (or maybe another) just play the game in english and you will get it, hope this help!.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Great guide :applause:

TIP: When your answer is wrong and rejected don't click anything but close the game using PSbutton and start it one more time. You will still have 0 wrong answers.

Thanks so much, gives me peace of mind incase i slip (I'm doing it without solutions). This should be added to the guide :D

I'm loving this game so far, too bad it's so short according to time to 100% but i will enjoy every minute of it. I do like puzzle-solving action that isn't timed, lets you get a refreshing drink and enjoy the game!

Oh yeah and the storyline seems good too i wish there were more games like this

your solution for Stovepipe Stumper is wrong, one tile has the pieces the wrong way round, screwed up my perfect playthrough :(

Here is the image with the incorrect tile outlined in red, just make sure you have it the other way round

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/f5f6e.jpg

Yep i can confirm, the picture shows the pc solution yet the pipes MUST rejoin as close as possible to where they left off on ps3.

Edited by Shadowrider50

• 4 weeks later...

You should note in the guide that you cannot use any gum for the perfect puzzle agent gold trophy. i beat the game once and got all trophies except that one. beat it on another psn account and then went back to the first account to start a new game. i got every puzzle correct 100% yet i used a piece of gum on only one puzzle. i didn't get all the stars because of that nor did i get the trophy at the end. i tried replaying it in free play (without gum of course) and it didn't unlock.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Gage changed the title to Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent ~ Trophy Guide & Road Map