Game quits to XMB for no reason

Xray11

Whenever i enter the NFS World Cup, my game always quits to the XMB after i complete the 3rd race. It comes up with my race results and then displays my badges as normal, but when i press X to continue instead of saving and starting the next race the game quits.

Im guessing my disc is faulty, but has anyone else had this problem or know of a way around it, because i only need 2 trophies for the platinum, and this is one of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Double post! But for good reason!

As the EA support wasn't helpful at all, I found a workaround myself : Use a different car !

I had this problem with the Pagani Zonda R, and so I bought a Koenigsegg CCX and with that car I was able to finish this event. Maybe it'll work for other that have the same problem too.

I am using the Zonda R so I am about to fire it up with a different car and see if I can get past this race...

Source: ps3 Need for speed SHIFT - game keeps restarting? - Need for Speed Technical Help - Need for Speed: EA Forums

Hope this helps!

EDIT

Worked for me, got a Mclaren F1 and have passed the race that always booted me to the XMB. It's clear that Zonda F's make the game boot back to the XMB.

Edited by VisionsOfDemise

• 1 year later...

It glitched on me at race 3 of Race Series IX. At first it loaded and I was driving slowmo but the time was real-time. I quit the race, redid the others up to this race again. Race was fine until the end, it glitched to the XMB...I was pissed cause I got all the corners in that race and didn't save. Redid that series like 5 times til I finally got past that race completely to finish the series. I didn't delete the game data but was about to!! Hope people get through the glitches before corrupting their controllers with floor data...

• 4 weeks later...

omfg this takes the f***ing p**s. I completed ALL of the races with all stars but after i finished nordschleife it quit to xmb. I checked my progress and i have all stars except for the last race. i tried playing it and it wants me to play all the other races as well.

f**k you EA, if it wasnt for trophies i would never play this piece of s**t.

• 3 months later...

Yes, this has happened to me. Exact same race as you. Same thing, after the third race, I hit x and then it just automatically quit to the XMB. I shut the system off for the night, and the next time I tried, it worked fine. It has never happened to me since. But that is really weird though.

• 5 years later...

I had the same problem in 2 tries. First I've used Ford Shelby GT-500 works converted. After last circuit of World Series and before save the game drives me to XMB. On second try I've used a Nissan GT-R Spec V fully upgraded (not Works available) and the game freezes again after last race while saving icon and replay was shown.

I have not already tried again. I think nobody knows what cause this bug, neither EA.