XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > N (PS3) > Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #81 (permalink)

My biggest gripe with the game, trophy wise, is that they made maps so you could keep track of 3 types of collectables (billboards, jack spots and cameras). So why would they not do it for the security gates? To just fuck with completionists or the game was about to ship when they realized they forgot?

It was no trouble at all getting those collectables, except for the gates, using the maps provided on the trophy guide and keeping track of it in the game. But no, now I have waste my fucking time looking for every single one and hoping I didn't miss anything because I can't keep track of it, it's just stupid!

Last edited by CaldaSnake; 12-30-2012 at 12:29 PM.
CaldaSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaldaSnake View Post
My biggest gripe with the game, trophy wise, is that they made maps so you could keep track of 3 types of collectables (billboards, jack spots and cameras). So why would they not do it for the security gates? To just fuck with completionists or the game was about to ship when they realized they forgot?

It was no trouble at all getting those collectables, except for the gates, using the maps provided on the trophy guide and keeping track of it in the game. But no, now I have waste my fucking time looking for every single one and hoping I didn't miss anything because I can't keep track of it, it's just stupid!
not to mention them gates are glitchy as hell
my final gate was towards a billboard, blocking the only entrance towards that billboard. Funny how i already had all billboards completed, but not that gate
stoicijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #83 (permalink)

As someone who loved Burnout Paradise I was hoping this would be BP2 but it's not. In a lot of ways it is but there's just something missing. For one thing the cars don't handle nearly as well. I can't seem to find the balance between not pushing the stick long enough and pushing it too long. I'm constantly bouncing back and forth between guardrails like a pinball.

One complaint I didn't see was the horrendous load times. Why do I need to see that stupid intro movie every single time I'm trying a race? I've seen it already stop loading your lame cinematic I'm just going to hit skip anyway omg why is this taking so long?? I could maybe see it the first time you start the race but triggering a retry from the menu should just put you in the race from the get go. It's just a painful process and makes things take way longer than they need to.

A lot of times I don't even bother trying to outrun the cops I'll just stop and let them bust me. In most vehicles it's nearly impossible to outrun them on the road based on speed alone. Of course then I have to wait for it to load up the map area for my respawn place so that's another 30 seconds before I can start playing again. But seriously I feel bad for the residents of Fairhaven because their police force are the biggest dicks in the universe. And that's not a compliment.

Also who thought the updates such as 'TRAFFIC TAKEDOWN' that fill half your screen during a high speed race were a goof idea? Please fire them.

Pretty much all my other complaints were already mentioned these were just ones I found particularly annoying. I'm sure there's a dozen more than I'm forgetting.

Oh and also the roads always seem wet yet it never rains in this game. What is the deal with that. I'm surprised Criterion didn't add weather to the races just to screw the players even more. I swear they love to torture people who play their games.

Everyone says it's a pretty easy platinum and for the most part it seems so other than that Win Every Race trophy. There's really some frustrating events in this game that I don't think I'm going to bother with. That will probably be the one trophy I am missing that prevents me from getting get 100%
MeetDKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #84 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 5 Champions - EBGobblins   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Your post is a mirror image of my thoughts. ^^

You've played how many? How many games have you played and how many have you completed?

Old game clean up time
kfree7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #85 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetDKing View Post
Oh and also the roads always seem wet yet it never rains in this game. What is the deal with that. I'm surprised Criterion didn't add weather to the races just to screw the players even more. I swear they love to torture people who play their games.
Funny you should say that. They added the weather influence on the tarmac in Hot Pursuit, not to mention a bonnet/hood camera. THAT WAS A GOOD GAME (in my opinion)... so here comes the over hyped "third release" from (coughs) "Criterion"... and guess what... no weather... no bonnet hood cam... it's so so so last decade!

This was a rushed, lazy and poorly developed game... yet here we are playing this shit... patch things up already for pete's sake!

It always seems impossible until it's done.
Nelson Mandela
Naps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #86 (permalink)

Default NFS:MW = Burnout 2(Demo Beta)

After reading through the posts in this thread I'll be backing up my save file regularly...

NFS:MW plays more like an appetizer rather than a full meal. There are so few races in the single player campaign and not a lot of depth overall. The city should be 4x it's size, the cars should have greater customization options(engine swaps, decals, etc.) and if they were attempting to make this "Burnout 2.0" it should have had everything that was in Burnout plus more.

Car control has been an issue for me and I still haven't gotten a real feel for it. I'm still progressing through the game, but it still doesn't feel right. For the past few NFS games cars have felt like they've had the control stiffness of a driving simulator in an arcade game. It seems like the only way you are supposed to steer the car is by tapping the brake and drifitng, but that doesn't always work. I've just been driving with a DualShock, but maybe I'll test out my Logitech wheel to see if it makes it any better... but it doesn't feel right without a cockpit view option. Since the controls are so unpredictable, it doesn't make playing online all that appealing.

Glitches - I've fallen through the bottom of the map about four times after playing the game for about 7 hours.

I'm still enjoying the game overall and don't regret my purchase, but this is more of a $20 title given the time most people will spend playing it. I don't think I'll be supporting the title by buying any DLC, which is too bad because I've loved the Burnout series.

Racing games I own in order of bang fer yer buck:
Burnout Paradise
Gran Turismo
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Split/Second
NFS:Hot Pursuit
NFS:The Run
ModNation
Blur
NFS:Most Wanted

Skaughtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #87 (permalink)

Just a quick bitch to get it off my chest lol.
I love how you hit invisible objects, or get taken out after an AI passes you but doesn't even scratch you. And my ultimate favortie is starting a race and your stopped, basically stopped or wrecked...

120+ Vita game
21 all Vita.
Back to vita! time for a break from FFXIV.
Soo much vita back log its not even funny i need more hours in the day!
loco4fourloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #88 (permalink)

I'm actually enjoying this game quite a bit,as someone else mentioned it is a little step closer to the NFS of old. But...

The fucking menus! All EA games have them now,the ones with writing flying around EVERYWHERE. Multiple tickers,takedown signs flashing in your face when you're trying to see the road,online instructions floating around at the bottom of the screen... its ridiculous.

Why didn't they include the cool down hiding spots from the original Most Wanted? Trying to escape the cops in the slower cars is more difficult than it needs to be.

And yeah,no checklist for the gates is a bit of a fail.

That's all I've got.

No longer playing bad games for easy plats...for now.
Zombi81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #89 (permalink)

I don't know what you're all whining about. I just love being well in the lead and literally in sight of the winning line after seven miles hard racing, getting totalled by a cop driving a family saloon who comes out of nowhere, then finishing sixth. ;^) Still love the game.

On a serious note: complaining about the traffic? But ... it's a road racing game ...
Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #90 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 5 Champions - EBGobblins   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

That one missing billboard. Wow. Feels like I'm seeing things show up on the screen now that just are not there. Also, they should have had a way to track the gates. That is a major malfunction.

You've played how many? How many games have you played and how many have you completed?

Old game clean up time
kfree7 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rant