Can't play with Friends online

Nimoy

I don't know a lot about routers etc. so chances are I'm missing something quite simple, but I am trying to play NfS:HP online with my friend and we cannot seem to connect.

If I start a room he can join, but I cannot see him. He can see me on his side but the only option he has is to invite another friend. Start Game is greyed out on my side and it still says I am the only player in the room. If he starts a room the exact same thing happens - I can see him but he can't see me, and the game doesn't let us start a room.

We can both play online in public matches, we just can't play with each other. Any idea why this might be happening? Thanks!

I think you need 4 people to start private match.

I boosted all 20 interceptor events (Escapologist & Bounty Hunter) with just one friend in the room w/no probs at all. The trophy popped for both of us in the same session. Then we did all 5 races w/the Apollo S (Blastoff) successfully. I did set the room to "invite only", so I don't know if that makes a difference from "friends only" mode or not.

Also, you do know if you don't have the latest version (1.1) update that you won't be able to play against others online that do have it right?